What is Really Bankrupting Us! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is Really Bankrupting Us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo:232837
    America hasn't been overthrown, the American people have just changed that's all. If you're a liberal then you love it, if you're a conservative then you hate it. Because the liberals today far, far, outnumber the conservatives, you just have to get used to it. It's not just America, it's the whole world. It's taken them 6,000 years to get here and have it their way, and they won't give it up.
    Can't remember where I read the poll, but it put liberals and the tea party (basically polar opposites) at close to the same percentage with the tea party having a one or two point lead, both comprising slightly more than half of the population.

Most of us have up till recently just been oblivious, the tea party has exceeded the liberals in number and in a significantly shorter time. We're playing catch up and it'll take time to get things right again, just like it took time for it to get screwed up.

Oh we've just begun, this fight is far from over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    If you think I am dreaming and you are the "realist" as you said you are, at least I have the courage to dream big for this country who gave me the most wonderful man I now call my husband. And my children. People who doesn't dream, doesn't have much. I feel sorry for you. And this is the end of my talking to you. Goodbye.
    It doesn't take courage to dream, you just have to be in a deep sleep. And "your big dream" is of getting back something that's lost, that has nothing to do with courage, only hope. Courage is facing the reality that we have a national debt that is impossible to overcome, a failed/bankrupt economy worsening by the hour, a failed job market with no recovery in sight, a failed housing market worsening by the day, a world stressed in great perplexity with no way out, and a war ready to break out at any time in the Middle East that will feed your worse nightmare before it's over and done. Your reply was a nice Hallmark moment and you can read into it anything you want, you can even feel sorry for me in your disillusionment. After all, it is "your dream".
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Be assured that I'm no liberal, and I'm not the one with the narrow view. My view goes far beyond your little neighborhood and it's mutual admiration group. Of course I believe it, this country didn't end up the cesspool it has become because conservatives outnumber liberals. You may believe that, I don't. And yes, if you really believe that an election, regardless of who gets elected will change the course we're on, you're a dreamer. It's a nice dream, but very naive of reality. This all has nothing to do with giving anything up, it has to do with everyday current events and the lack of moral conservative values within our nation. You can feel as good as you want to feel about anything that makes you feel better, but feelings lie, reality doesn't. If I wasn't a Christian I could go along with such wishful thinking and put some faith in the wisdom of man. But I can't, because the "wisdom of man is foolishness to God". God who knows the future controls the future, therefor I believe the word of God over the wisdom (wishful thinking) of man. I didn't say to give up or not care, I said things aren't going to turn around. Better get used to it.
    Ringo: I believe, like Tucker's Mom, we should continue to hope that our country will get better. However, on the other hand, I, like you, believe everything is a down-hill slide from now on regardless of who may be elected as POTUS. I have the playbook (Bible) that tells me we are in for some even rougher times and they aren't far off.
    Dwight L. Moody was asked one time, "If you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, what would you do?" His response, "Plant a tree." He still held out hope for the future. I still do even though it is getting more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Ringo: I believe, like Tucker's Mom, we should continue to hope that our country will get better. However, on the other hand, I, like you, believe everything is a down-hill slide from now on regardless of who may be elected as POTUS. I have the playbook (Bible) that tells me we are in for some even rougher times and they aren't far off.
    Dwight L. Moody was asked one time, "If you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, what would you do?" His response, "Plant a tree." He still held out hope for the future. I still do even though it is getting more difficult.
    Oldgrunt, I have the same playbook (Bible) that you have and I agree that we are to "occupy" until He comes. However, please try and understand that as a Christian "believing" God's word, I cannot go along with people talking about the future knowing what the scriptures tell us about the time we're living. All world current events today line up in perfect union with Biblical scripture/prophecy referencing the Last Days of these End Times. Regardless of what happens here in America there is no way out. America's problems are just a part of the great global perplexity that Christ warned of, and there isn't one single reference to even hint of anything getting better, quite to the contrary. Every Christian having knowledge of the Bible should know, without question, that God uses Israel to awaken the world of Christ's return. Check your playbook (Mark 13:30), Jesus says, I tell you "TRULY" that there will not be another generation. It ALL ends with us. Please don't kill the messenger, I didn't say it, Jesus did. Do a study of scripture, Jesus makes it perfectly clear that the re-birth of Israel is the birth of the Last Generation, and tells us that ALL of these things will happen before this generation passes away.

What things? The Rapture, the NWO/One World Government, the anti-christ (666), the Battle of Armageddon, and His Second Coming. God says that a mans lifespan will be "three score & ten" (70 yrs.). Add 70 yrs. to 1948 (re-birth of Israel) and you get 2018. Subtract 7 yrs. of the Tribulation, you get 2011. I'll say it again, for those left behind, by the end of 2012 electing a president will be the least of their concerns, if there even is an election. Any way you do the math, unless you believe that Christ was a liar or a lunatic, this is the Last Generation. Check your playbook again, what we're experiencing in the Middle East (PRESENT DAY) concerning the dividing of Jerusalem (United Nations) is referenced in Zech:12:2-12:3 & 12:9, also referenced in "correlation" is Psalm 83 & Isaiah 17 that leads to the outrage of the Arab nations, resulting in the Battle of Gog & Magog (Ezekiel 39) just as God predicted. People don't like hearing this, but it's there and I can't ignore it. All of that is to say why I cannot agree with anyone's message of hope for any future for America or the world as we know it. I do not identify with Tucker's Mom's insinuation that I'm anything anti-America because I'm a realist and not a dreamer. Like I said, God who knows the future controls the future, and He wrote it all in our playbook (Bible) to prepare us, not scare us. I choose to believe God, if that offends people, so be it.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

When in trial.
    When in doubt.
    Run in circles.
    Scream and shout.

Don't just DO something! Stand there!

Oh woe is me!
    Oh woe is me!
    Next year portends
    such calamity!

What should I do?
    Tell my wife?
    Or simply knuckle down
    and get on with my life?

The fall of humanity!
    My God, what a feat!
    Lord grant me, at least,
    a ringside seat.

For if the end
    is indeed that near,
    then I can proceed
    without any fear.

I can put all
    my uncertainties aside
    and content myself with my
    spectacular ride!

YEEE HAW!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234