Global Warming real or not? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Global Warming real or not?

1. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    China has 5 times more people then the USA. India has 3 times more people. Do you really think they have the same regulations, As we do here?
    China already has car emissions standards that are higher than those that were defeated by Congress last year.

They don't OBEY them, mind you, but they're there.

And China was willing to sign global treaties that would have mandated that they reduce their CO2 emissions, if the US had agreed to do the same percent-per-person cut. We did not.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    I have yet to see some double-blind research that was run over the course of say the last thousand years or so and is NOT relying on computer simulations, in other words actual hard DATA and not theories on the matter. Nobody has that? Right, that's what we scientists call a THEORY. Stop treating it like it's a fact that you can actually prove.
    This is the kind of stuff I enjoy looking at, maybe you can read it over: 7(x) Earth's Climatic History

Incidentally, it is impossible to do a double-blind study of something in the past, never mind that noting atmospheric conditions does not lend to any "double blind" protocol. There is no need to keep conditions "blind" (protected against bias) when simply writing down the atmospheric conditions present at any given time. ...Why do I get sucked into deese silly tings, yo?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

4. Bedwetter with nothing to say but feely meely BS. So tell me old wise one, pomp ass what is the optimum tempeture of the earth. Who died and made you God.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    China already has car emissions standards that are higher than those that were defeated by Congress last year.

And China was willing to sign global treaties that would have mandated that they reduce their CO2 emissions, if the US had agreed to do the same percent-per-person cut. We did not.
    Just one of many sources I found, this one from the beloved New York Times: China - Pollution - Environment - New York Times China must be choking in it's own pollution and huge, huge "carbon footprint".

And why wouldn't China sign any agreement if they, as you say, won't follow it anyway? We of course would hold ourselves to it and they know it, and we would bear the short term and long term costs and limitations becomming even more hamstrung trying to compete with $4.00/day slave labor in China as they ignore (laughingly) the agreements we all "agreed" to. Of course we refused, and we are becomming more and more "green" anyway.

That reminds me, I wonder how much the Chicomm's donated, under the table or otherwise, to the Dem's election and now reelections. Heaven knows the Chinese and any other entity that wants us to be weaker will try to keep what's currently going on to keep going on.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Bedwetter with nothing to say but feely meely BS. So tell me old wise one, pomp ass what is the optimum tempeture of the earth. Who died and made you God.
    I could only imagine the beat down I'd get if I acted like that!

7. Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I could only imagine the beat down I'd get if I acted like that!
    I'm ready for another spanking.

I just amazes me that most people bought into this scheme of global warming, when they can't even tell you what the ideal temperature of the earth should be. The communist in the Demacrat party invented global warmIng to control the sheep. Gore invented the Internet now he invented global warming, now it carbon foot prints, what will be his next invention?
    The Republicans want to kill babies and take away Medicare and Medicaid, and now they want to take away social
    security. Why do all the whackos seam to find a home and nest in the Communist/demarcate party? The Looters and the moochers make a good team. Those evil rich people...let's make them feel guilty so they give up their unearned wealth. Let's indoctrinate young mushy minds and convince them that capitalism is evil,so we will call ourse
    lves environmentalist wackos.

Let's spend another 500 million of the tax payers money on another solar gate. Plead the fith so the pig doesn't get impeached.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post

From the New York Times...

But just as the speed and scale of China’s rise as an economic power have no clear parallel in history, so its pollution problem has shattered all precedents. Environmental degradation is now so severe, with such stark domestic and international repercussions, that pollution poses not only a major long-term burden on the Chinese public but also an acute political challenge to the ruling Communist Party. And it is not clear that China can rein in its own economic juggernaut.

Public health is reeling. Pollution has made cancer China’s leading cause of death, the Ministry of Health says. Ambient air pollution alone is blamed for hundreds of thousands of deaths each year. Nearly 500 million people lack access to safe drinking water.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234