Herman Cain - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Herman Cain

I like Cain as well but his 9% sales tax on top of each states sales tax is a bit much. Oregon doesn't have a sales tax so I'm not real excited about his tax plan. Also the government has a poor track record of eliminating an established tax. How do we trust the powers that be will eliminate any present taxes and go with his 999 plan?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by LS-208 View Post
    Herman Cain is not a good 2A candidate.

Herman Cain Breaks With NRA On The Second Amendment | ThinkProgress

hiser on Jun 10, 2011 at 6:00 pm

In an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer earlier this week, former pizza executive and GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain took a surprisingly liberal view on gun control:

BLITIZER: Let’s talk about gun control. Do you support any gun control?

CAIN: I support the Second Amendment.

BLITZER: So you don’t? What’s the answer on gun control?

CAIN: The answer on gun control is I support, strongly support, the Second Amendment. I don’t support onerous legislation that’s going to restrict people’s rights in order to be able to protect themselves as guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

BLITZER: Should states or local governments be allowed to the gun situation . . .

CAIN: Yes

BLITZER: So the answer is yes?

CAIN: Yes. The answer is yes, that should be a state’s decision.
    SCOTUS said it's not a state choice! See Chicago v. McDonald.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Now, concerning the "999" plan.... does anyone here actually think the Legislature is going to let a much simpler tax system take effect in this Nation? Of course not.... the "tax system", such as it stands, has not much to do with raising revenue (except as afterthought). Rather, it is, in it's current form, a ways and means of social control. It reeks with "special favors", "special breaks", all done in and for issuing rewards and punishments to both the general population as well as business segments. Is Congress willing to let go of their most formidable "whip hand" and "power tool"? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!

Thus the "999" plan is virtually DOA in the Congress. Make no mistake about that. (It may just be a "campaign slogan", but it at least has a bit more substance to it than something completely nefarious, therefore unchallangible, like..... say, "Hope and Change!")

What Cain brings to the White House, should he be elected, is extensive business experience. HE will know best how to get the economy rolling again, if anyone can..... better yet, he comes in "clean", he has no political tail that keeps him from doing what is necessary. He "owes" no one. He comes in clean and unsullied AND unhindered by people he owes political favors to. More than anyone else in the field.

Maybe the time of the "Professional Politician" is finally over. Congress' "approval ratings" seem to indicate that. It's really kind of sad to see a bunch of supposedly mature, well educated, well paid, powerful individuals fighting like three year olds at a playground. INCLUDING all the childish commentary!

If nothing else this coming election, let's try to elect adults this time around. The present pack of brats are accomplishing nothing while Rome burns and we spend ourselves into financial oblivion.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Seems that the freshman that are elected to office are adults until they get to Washington. When they get there they are instructed on how things work and how they must conduct themselves if they wish to accomplish anything. Next thing you know there are more three year olds at work.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by LS-208 View Post
    From the linked page...
    Legislations
    Cain’s view on the Second Amendment is completely at odds with the mainstream conservative Republican position, in that, Cain favors state level gun control legislations..

“… yes, that (gun legislations) should be a state’s decision.”
    June 7, 2011 , An interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer

I'll stick with the guy who has been defending liberty for 40 years...

I would vote for Herman Cain, and I hope to get the chance too.

Gallup Panel Social Issues Survey had a lot to cover on CONgress, the candidates for Pres, and the current Pres this time. Should be interesting to see how it goes. Cain didn't get the same coverage as Bachmann, Perry, or Romney.

You may also note and I forget where he has stated cities sould be able to set standards, pro 2nd amemdment means unabridged 2nd amendment to me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345