Hope it catches on like the plague!

Thread: Hope it catches on like the plague!

Thumbs up Hope it catches on like the plague!

Oregon Court of Appeals rejects university system's ban on guns on campus | OregonLive.com

Hope this is the start of a revolution in gun rights.

Just FYI, you can add this URL to your news feed on your iPhone or Android and get all the NRA-ILA news stories as they post them.
    http://www.nraila.org/xml/RSS.aspx
    Last edited by LS-208; 09-29-2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Add URL
    "If an awalu [freeman] should blind the eye of another awalu [freeman], they shall blind his eye."
    -Hammurabi (1792-1750 B.C.E.)

3. Yet another reason I like Oregon. I've written to my various lawmakers insisting that they respect this court decision and not try to push a constitutional amendment on us to "fix" this. (It'll fail, but why waste the effort?)

That is good news...I hope all the universities around the country follow suit.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

5. Sadly, at least in Oregon, it is still legal for schools to put "no gun" clauses in their employement contract. So the teachers (or professors, whichever,) can't carry, but students and visitors (over age 21, with CHL in cities that don't allow open carry,) can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Sadly, at least in Oregon, it is still legal for schools to put "no gun" clauses in their employement contract. So the teachers (or professors, whichever,) can't carry, but students and visitors (over age 21, with CHL in cities that don't allow open carry,) can.
    And don't forget that since criminals don't obey the law, you can bet that they will be carrying on campus too.

7. Yup. I have written a letter to my elected officials, and the leaders of the various levels of the Democratic Party in Oregon to encourage them to *NOT* take a stand on this as a party matter. That will just alienate people who are very "on the edge" Democrats who only need one issue to stop voting for Democrats. I'd much rather see the Democrats in office be pro-gun Democrats; but if we can at least get the anti-gun ones to hold their tongues if for no other reason than political self-preservation, I'm open to that, too. :-D

I hear Oregon state university will still threaten expulsion if their students carry. That university is corrupt to the core...just look at what they are trying to do to the Robinson family

http://www.oregonstateoutrage.com/

9. The Oregon University system *DID* expel someone for this, that expulsion was what caused this lawsuit, which struck down their "administrative rules" as not valid.

I'm sure they will CLAIM that they will expel you, just as some cities in Oregon still have "you cannot carry firearms no matter what" laws on the books; or how Portland Public Schools has "no firearms - even to CHL holders" signs on the doors. It doesn't mean they can enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Yup. I have written a letter to my elected officials, and the leaders of the various levels of the Democratic Party in Oregon to encourage them to *NOT* take a stand on this as a party matter. That will just alienate people who are very "on the edge" Democrats who only need one issue to stop voting for Democrats. I'd much rather see the Democrats in office be pro-gun Democrats; but if we can at least get the anti-gun ones to hold their tongues if for no other reason than political self-preservation, I'm open to that, too. :-D
    You obviously have read Machiavelli.

11. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You obviously have read Machiavelli.
    As hopefully have some of these politicians. :-D