Protests - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests

They have a list of 10 demands on a website. They want things like a free college education, all debt worldwide to be erased, a living wage even if you don't work, free medical care, an end of the free trade agreements.......... All reasonable demands for good for nothing hippies. Now that the unions are involved everything will be all better!!!!!!!!!!! 7

3. Im a college student in Ohio and find the price for an education effing ridiculous. Its a state sponsored school taking state tuition charging students out the wazoo for nickel and dime stuff. No, my beef isn't with the price, its that the money comes from all tax payers and the state is ripping itself off and calling it profit. Seriously, the state pays the state and then brags about its profit from the state. What state loving bastard thought that system up? Most importantly, how many times can I say state in one statement?...state.

Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post
    They have a list of 10 demands on a website. They want things like a free college education, all debt worldwide to be erased, a living wage even if you don't work, free medical care, an end of the free trade agreements.......... All reasonable demands for good for nothing hippies. Now that the unions are involved everything will be all better!!!!!!!!!!! 7
    This is awsome. What will we need jobs for if we get a living wage, job or no job. Then why do we need unions if nobody works. Boy this just gets better. Then again if every thing is free why do we need money. I wonder who they expect to foot the bill for this.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Wow - look in the dictionary for hypocrisy and you will find this thread.

When protests occur that people agree with – the kind with Hitler signs and ghosts of the American Revolution – then protest and protestors are patriotic – “Long live the first amendment!” When protests occur that people disagree with, dissent is dangerous and protestors traitorous and insincere.

What? People said stupid things? Hardly shocking to anyone who reads internet forums. Look at footage of grandma insisting the government keep their hands of her Medicare and Social Security. But, the first amendment is the essence of America when it carries our own voice; until we strangle it into unconsciousness when it speaks with the voices of others. You cannot mince the first amendment any more than the second.

Does this mean coming trouble? Sounds like anti-gunners when they see Tea party rallies with armed citizens. Can one really believe in America’s strength, yet think it is so weak that protests can destroy it?

Some people simply do not know what they believe in or perhaps do not really believe in anything.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Freedom of Speach and our constitution is what sets us apart from the rest of the world, we also have the right to peacefully assemble. Paid my way through college by working my but off, all three of my college educated sons worked their way through college, so I do have an issue with wining by someone who wants everything given to them.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    You mean get an education and a good job? Why it's so much easier to party, live off the government, blame the rich and have no responsibility. Isn't this the new American way?
    Yes, it is now. Some of the signs that the protesters held said that "Social Equality" is what they want. Note: Not "social opportunity", but "social equality." In other words, they are Communists.
    Charlie

Most of the protesters have absolutely no idea what they are actually protesting. See this:» Occupy Wall Street Protesters Call For Totalitarian Government, Re-Election Of Obama Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    They have no conceptof how the system actually works other than the propaganda version they've been taught in school. One of the current basic dogmas of the left is: the "rich" are responsible for all of our ills and only government can and is authorized to coerse good conduct from these evildoers. The protesters have unwittingly bought into this thinking without realizing that the rich are (generally) rich due to hard work and applied education and that the government is the source of most of our problems. Useful idiots all!
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45:233872
    Freedom of Speach and our constitution is what sets us apart from the rest of the world, we also have the right to peacefully assemble. Paid my way through college by working my but off, all three of my college educated sons worked their way through college, so I do have an issue with wining by someone who wants everything given to them.
    My wife and I took loans with 6 months post graduation grace period to begin repayment and both of us work full time while attending. One of our "colleagues " took nothing but grants and assistance loans that require no repayment, plus receives foodstamps and housing assistance so she can "focus on her studies". Her daddy is a prosecuting attorney in Michigan. She drives a Lexus and rides a $700+ bicycle to class. God bless the American work ethic ay?

Look at it this way. Those punks are bitching about corporate greed while wearing designer hipster fashions, tweeting from their Iphones, smoking marb reds, and sucking down frappachinos from Starbucks.

They will all regret it when the welfare teet dries up and they have to get a job!

Quote Originally Posted by grmerrill View Post
    If the country is broke who will pay for all these stupid demands? Living wage? why bother working when the guv will give you a living wage anyway? What is the point of getting a college education when you won't be bothering to get a job to earn a decent wage?

Yeah...like I busted my guts and my butt just so I can get a good college education so I can have a good job and share the fruits of my hard earned labour to them not willing to work nor educate themselves? Something is wrong with this picture...these people who are complaining, send them all down the borders and see what they can do...better yet send them to some war torn country and see if they will still complain then they will know how good they have it here.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Freedom of Speach and our constitution is what sets us apart from the rest of the world, we also have the right to peacefully assemble.
    A big plus one on that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast