Protests - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Protests

Americas ills lay directly on the shoulders of the 535 people we elect to represent us and run the government. Until we clean that mess up it will be difficult fix our problems. Leaving the same people in power for years at a time only spurs they on to collect more power, money and control. Every election cycle it's the same thing "the rich aren't paying their fair share". Every cycle we re-elect the same people and we do this all over again.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I really wish someone would "define" "FAY-AIRE" share! The top 50% of wage earners/tax filers pay 97% of all income tax revenue to the Government. Leaving the bottom half ponying up just 3%. THAT'S "FAY-AIRE"? More like one sided if you ask me. But nobody does..... those who would take my tax money for themselves rely on the Elected Nobility to steal it for them.

"You GOTTA help us!" they lament. Given that free citizens don't "gotta" do anything other than pay taxes and die... using the Government to champion their quest for unending charity IS, by default, their only consistant source of "help". They "vote" accordingly and the recipients of those votes damn well KNOW IT! Mutual back scratching writ large..... to the detriment of the Nation's fiscal stability and the detriment of individualism and self responbility.

Sheep to the slaughter.

GG

P.S. That's a fine herd you "sheepdogs" have chosen to protect. (LOL!)
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

That's how democrats buy votes. Promote class warfare and cater to the "you got to help us" crowd.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

It seems to me the only "fair" thing to do is establish a (lower) flat tax on everyone. But I'm told this is a ridiculous dream.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    It seems to me the only "fair" thing to do is establish a (lower) flat tax on everyone. But I'm told this is a ridiculous dream.
    Individual states did it, and those that did, are prospering and their budget balanced -- Texas, Ohio are examples of this. This morning at Fox News Morning the governor of Ohio was interviewed. It is his first time to be governor, by the way...and he actually said that he had lowered the tax rate of his state and is now attracting investors. If what he said is true, why can't the Feds do it? Go figure.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I agree.... with the kicker, absolutely NO "exemptions", for ANYTHING! If it says a 10% tax rate..... that is exactly what your assessment will be. PERIOD. No incentives. No "breaks". No excuses. Thus there will be no "manipulation" of the system by the Government to promote Social Conditioning Programs, no gamesmanship by anyone in tax dodging, no Government manipulation of the free market to satisfy their desire for control and power and manipulation of the People. No lobbying to get "special breaks" for [name your favorite entity in need of "help"/"breaks" here]. (No "bribery" to help get it done!)

The markets and the People will really be free once more. Those Elitists who would determine "what is good for you" would lose their ways and means to enforce that idea upon us.

Best of all, everyone would have a dog in the race as to how taxpayer money is spent. Not to mention a little more concern over the matter.

Think about it. What concern does the 45% that pay no income taxes have over how the Government spends other people's money? ZERO. (As long as they can still receive their "FAY-AIRE" share of other peoples' taxes.)

Everyone want's to play? Everyone pays for the privledge. That's "FAY-AIRE"!

GG

Next: Can you see the Congresscritters beholden to the "What's in it for me?" crowd for their positions supporting that sort of reform?

Not in my forseeable lifetime, alas.

The only way to "get it done" is to completely drive the Lib/Prog/Dem coalition into a fillibuster and veto proof minority, change the tax law AND pass a Constitutional Ammendment making it MOST difficult to undo the "fix", once done.

If the "Tea Party" minded souls can make as much noise and affect the coming election as much as they did the last then maybe, just maybe........ but, I'm not holding up much hope. I don't believe in miracles. Obama was enough of a false "Messiah" for one lifetime (mine).

GG

P.S. Unfortunately, the Reps are just as equally beholden and subject to "give us a break" pressures as the Dems. They just are a little less open about it. But equally resistant to "change" in the system all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post

The only way to "get it done" is to completely drive the Lib/Prog/Dem coalition into a fillibuster and veto proof minority, change the tax law AND pass a Constitutional Ammendment making it MOST difficult to undo the "fix", once done.
    The problem is none of three branches of our government follow the Constitution we have. What chance is there that they would obey a new amendment? If all of the unconstitutional bureaucracies and programs were done away with, this country would turn around so fast it would make your head swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby View Post
    The problem is none of three branches of our government follow the Constitution we have. What chance is there that they would obey a new amendment? If all of the unconstitutional bureaucracies and programs were done away with, this country would turn around so fast it would make your head swim.
    Good heavens! We can't have that. How do you expect liberals to get elected without government depends for them to care about. But of course the "that's not fare crowd" will still be there for a handout.

Well yall keep calling these people lazy and money grubbing and it won't belong before it reaches a boiling point. So they are all unorganized and don't agree on much but what they all have in common is they are all tired of things continuing on as usual. Watch how things will change if/when they become organized and the government becomes concerned about it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast