Protests
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests

Protests

Did anybody see any coverage of the protests currently underway in many of our big cities, including NY...Protests against banks and capitalism. I watched the news at 6 on a local channel, and no mention was made. Amanda Knox was more important. I first saw it on BBC at 7. The comment was made that these protests are connected to the ones happening across the pond...Is this the start of some real trouble???
    I just turned on Bill O'riley, he has mentioned it but he too is covering Amanda first...

protest

Protest
    These protests were all over the news yesterday, they actually blocked traffic on the Brooklyn Bridge for some time and many arrests were made. They also had these protests today in Boston and other major cities. What's funny when asked most of these protesters don't even know what they are protesting.

I was watching Hannity a while ago and he has one of his reporters asking around people there why they are there. What dumb replies she got! No one even knew why they were there in the first place. One guy said something about because it is the best place to go since he just came out of jail last Saturday. Most of those that were interviewed were either homeless and/or on welfare. So much for that stupid protests.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I guess the unions are supposed to be there tomorrow, I don'tknow what their beef is. It looked like alot of college age kids at the one that I saw on the tube today..

It's the usual suspects. The liberals have to keep the class warfare going. Send a couple people out and whip up a few mind numb robots and some others looking for a good time. Now you can make the news. This does seem kind of odd because wall street invested heavily in Obama's election campaign. Could be they are not chipping in enough this time so time to punish them.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Reminds me of the punks from the 60's while I was in Vietnam. Most of them had no clue, either. Fox was all over it until about 1300 when the Amanda Knox thing put them on the back burner. We'll find out more because they're "Here to stay!" Hard to tell from the statements I heard but it SOUNDS as though it may be about the economy to an extent. Which goes to show that the Capitol hasn't been in NY for a LOOOOONG time!
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I noticed in one of the news programs covering these protests that tents, tables, etc., had been set up and free food was being brought in for the protesters. Gee, if someone is going to give me free food, I'll go stand out there with those idiots and laugh at them with every bite of food I get. Would someone please pass the potato salad? Yes, another cup of coffee please. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I noticed in one of the news programs covering these protests that tents, tables, etc., had been set up and free food was being brought in for the protesters. Gee, if someone is going to give me free food, I'll go stand out there with those idiots and laugh at them with every bite of food I get. Would someone please pass the potato salad? Yes, another cup of coffee please. Thank you!
    You should watch the movie, "PCU" it's funny and fitting to this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Rent-a-Crowd. And also it goes to show that welfare wins everytime. To many of them this is just one street party after another. I will not be surprised if some of them who has cars get gas money too to get from one protest to another. Those young ones, why don't they go to school and learn something for a change instead of relying on hand-outs?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

You mean get an education and a good job? Why it's so much easier to party, live off the government, blame the rich and have no responsibility. Isn't this the new American way?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast