What do you think pot smokers? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think pot smokers?

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    My wife is a medical marijuana patient and I hold a "caregiver" card, which allows me to transport, but not to use...it will be interesting to see if they go for the caregivers next.
    Do they make a Badge for that?

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Like, I wanna say... I was think'n something but I, I kinda forgot! Like, holy crap man! Oh crap, man, did I like, uh, leave my gun, hehe, uh, somewhere? Dude, where's my gun!?
    Wow!! you are ignorent!! Do you realy think pot smokers are like this? I know a few smokers and they arn't even close to this. If I didn't catch a whif of them, I would never know they were high. Ive been in a few intellectual verbal debates with them too. You'd be supprised.

Oh yah, I have a cousin pot head. He graduated top of his class from UNH. His major: English

Do you believe everything on TV? Thats like me saying gun owners carry for no reason. They are all cop wanna be's looking for someone to shoot. Do you believe that, they said it on TV, so it has to be right!

4. Im not a smoker but I feel it's no different than someone prescribed narcotics by a doctor.

Ill take a stoner next to me at the range over a alcoholic any day just like I would someone relaxed over someone nervous ... heck the stoner would probably be less likely to draw in a situation and laugh at the assailant... the ones I know the "dumb" factor doesn't apply to... stupid people are just stupid regardless .... lol jk... but not really...

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedub88 View Post
    Wow!! you are ignorent!! Do you realy think pot smokers are like this? I know a few smokers and they arn't even close to this. If I didn't catch a whif of them, I would never know they were high. Ive been in a few intellectual verbal debates with them too. You'd be supprised.

Oh yah, I have a cousin pot head. He graduated top of his class from UNH. His major: English

Do you believe everything on TV? Thats like me saying gun owners carry for no reason. They are all cop wanna be's looking for someone to shoot. Do you believe that, they said it on TV, so it has to be right!
    Relax, dude, light a bowl already as it might help you develop a sense of humor or perhaps raise your awareness level to the point you can recognize stereotypical-humor. Did I hit a nerve? I'm sure you are a calm guy with a sense of humor but your fingers betrayed you there at the keyboard.

Am I ignorant, you ask. About a great many things I suspect I am. But I'm not so ignorant as to insult someone here simply because of a bad attempt at humor. Having said that, I am able to recognize humor when I see it. Have you ever frequented a comedy show, you know, where a guy or gal stands up there and makes light of many a different topics? If so, I hope you didn't stand up and yell back at them calling them "ignorant" and such. I'm not saying my sad attempt at humor rises to a skilled comedians level, but I'd bet the other 29 of the 30 people that read that post recognized it for silly humor attempt that it was and were not offended.

I know, I know, a bit long winded there. Guess a one liner like "sensitive much?" would have sufficed.

...Maybe just a bad start to the day? Hope it gets better and you end up having a good day!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Whether or not a person is stoned lazy baked out of their friggin skull or not is really nobody's friggin business anyway. We all live one life and for some its not as easy as others. I don't care if someone smokes crack day and night so long as they don't rob my house or drive slow. I can't stand judgemental people who share their worthless opinions because they feel everyone should be sheep all flocking the same way.

And for the record I don't smoke pot or use any drugs. I don't even drink. I just wish the close minded elderly would all head to a retirement home and share their beliefs with thelma and Edna
    So here's my "worthless opinion" or question in this particular case. What the heck does your comments have to do with the original post about the 2A rights of citizens being infringed due to a form of medical treatment?
    Oh! And by the way, your bigotry towards the elderly is hanging out. Don't forget dip stick, it's the elderly that paved the way for you to have the rights to pop off like you do.

If you learned to read, thank your teacher. If you learned to read in English, thank an ELDERLY vet!

Well go ask your cousin the meaning of "humor".

Me thinks he doeth protest too much!

Okay! On another note.... as long as you opened the door to ridiculing others for their comments and or post, here it comes.

You may want to consult with your esteemed cousin regarding your lack of spelling ability or at least consider some form of spell check.

Having an "intellectual verbal debate" with a pot head is akin to doing the same with a functional alcoholic. You do so because you have an instant advantage (well maybe not in your case) but someone not under the influence will fare better in debate.

And before I go further, let me acknowledge the difference between medical marijuana and your average pot head. It is the later I reference with these comments.

How small was your cousin's class and UNH that he graduated at the top? (If you didn't want him dragged into this, you should have left him at school)

Anyone and I mean ANYONE that needs to scrape the bottom of the argument barrel to get to the "It's on TV" argument or analogy has really reached the end of the proverbial argument rope. What's next? "I told you so."?

And... if you have 1st hand knowledge of someone breaking the law (your cousin smoking pot) and don't report them to the authorities, or in the least getting them counseling to help them break the habit, aren't you also breaking the law of the land and, in minimum, a moral responsibility to your family? And if so are you not endangering your ability and right to own a firearm?

That's all for now but if you make another comment, I'm sure I'll come up with more responses. But maybe not, If I determine that responding is not worth my effort you will hear the silence.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Here (Oregon), our state supreme court recently ruled that a medical marijuana card was not justification for denying a concealed weapon permit...due to our state constitution's guarantee of the right to bear arms in self defense.

My wife is a medical marijuana patient and I hold a "caregiver" card, which allows me to transport, but not to use...it will be interesting to see if they go for the caregivers next.
    That should not be enough reason to deny gun ownership. This should be treated no differently than alcohol, prescription antidepressants or pain meds in that one shouldn't carry while under the influence.

There's one retired LEO who shoots at my range. He's always glassy-eyed and smells like beer. He keeps pestering me for his HR218 class but I don't respond because I believe he's a safety risk.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

11. Quote Originally Posted by thedub88 View Post

Don't take this the wrong way, but recreation pot smokers are complete morons, intellectual debate...cut me a break. Smoking Pot is 10 times worst the cigs. You can put what ever you want into your body just don't make me pay for it.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast