What you may not know about Herman Cain - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What you may not know about Herman Cain

1. Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    It should also be noted that, as CEO of Godfathers, Mr Cain instituted a no firearms policy for employees and customers...regardless of permit status.

I believe it is a business owner's (or the CEO of a corporation) right to not allow weapons in their place of business...but they will get neither my business nor my vote for it...
    Pax, would you post a link to that claim? Also, do you know for a fact that this is his firm position or is it just hog wash the wacko Deocrats spew out. I have been following Herman for about three years now, it just doesn't seam to fit.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Pax, would you post a link to that claim? Also, do you know for a fact that this is his firm position or is it just hog wash the wacko Deocrats spew out. I have been following Herman for about three years now, it just doesn't seam to fit.
    I really have no link...my "source" is the sign at my local shop and the statement by the manager that it goes back "close to 20 years". It is possible that the prohibition predates Mr Cain, so maybe he just left it in place.

I do know he has said the state governments have the right to limit guns...plenty of links available on that.

I wouldn't believe a democrat if he said that humans breathe air or that fish swim.

Blog Entries
    Mr. Cain was asked, "What about a nationwide concealed weapons bill"?

He said, " Here's how I'd like that done: Let each state pass a concealed weapon bill. Empower the states--some states already have it--and not have a federal mandate. I believe in the Second Amendment".
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

5. Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    Mr. Cain was asked, "What about a nationwide concealed weapons bill"?

He said, " Here's how I'd like that done: Let each state pass a concealed weapon bill. Empower the states--some states already have it--and not have a federal mandate. I believe in the Second Amendment".
    Thank You i knew it was out there somewhere!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Becoming concerned about Cain's position on 2A and his 9-9-9 plan.

It seems he's taking Sotomayora's position on gun laws by allowing states to enact their own. This is opposite of the court's decision in McDonald.

The 9-9-9 plan buries retired seniors in sales tax. These people who are on fixed incomes will not benefit from the reduction/elimination of payroll tax. They don't currently pay tax on their social security retirement. They will now fork over a large portion of their limited/fixed income to sales taxes. They're already choosing between cat food and prescription drugs. They can't pay more of any kind of tax. See the Washington Post article on this plan --> http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...UiL_story.html

Once this becomes widely understood he can forget the nomination.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

7. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post

It seems he's taking Sotomayora's position on gun laws by allowing states to enact their own. This is opposite of the court's decision in McDonald.

The 9-9-9 plan buries retired seniors in sales tax. These people who are on fixed incomes will not benefit from the reduction/elimination of payroll tax. They don't currently pay tax on their social security retirement. They will now fork over a large portion of their limited/fixed income to sales taxes. They're already choosing between cat food and prescription drugs. They can't pay more of any kind of tax. See the Washington Post article on this plan --> Cain’s ‘9-9-9’ tax plan hits poor, helps wealthy, experts say - The Washington Post

I hear ya. No Politian is going to be 100 to anyone’s ideals. However, I think if 8 out of 10 would be enough to support that person. The most qualified would be newt but I’m afraid he is part of the R establishment. At least Herman has not been corrupted to lobbies and teacher unions.

I hear ya. No Politian is going to be 100 to anyone’s ideals. However, I think if 8 out of 10 would be enough to support that person. The most qualified would be newt but I’m afraid he is part of the R establishment. At least Herman has not been corrupted to lobbies and teacher unions.
    I really like Cain. I hope there is some tax consideration for the seniors. We need that voting block to beat zeroBama.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post

The 9-9-9 plan buries retired seniors in sales tax. These people who are on fixed incomes will not benefit from the reduction/elimination of payroll tax. They don't currently pay tax on their social security retirement. They will now fork over a large portion of their limited/fixed income to sales taxes. They're already choosing between cat food and prescription drugs. They can't pay more of any kind of tax. See the Washington Post article on this plan --> Cain’s ‘9-9-9’ tax plan hits poor, helps wealthy, experts say - The Washington Post

Depending on how much you make in retirement, you can owe taxes on Social Security. Line 20a is you SS income and 20b is your taxable amount on Form 1040. Mine was close to $5K or about 25% that was taxed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post

There is more to the plan than just a sales tax. For one thing, there is no tax on items that are re-sold, such as used cars, and older homes. This will help to move older homes back into the market and soon newer homes will start moving again.

There will be allowances for low income individuals, which senior citizens should qualify for. I don’t think Herman Cain will let older Americans down.

On the corporate tax side one of the best items is the opportunity for corporations to deduct new equipment expenditures from their income tax as long as it is American made, if it is foreign made it will be taxed as a first time sale item with no deduction. We may even be able to open up a few steel mills.

In his interview with Wolf Blitqer, he said, "I believe in the second amendment and the citizens right to bear arms should not be infringed"

If they say he helps the wealthy, thats good because most of them have businesses that help create jobs and a better economy for everyone, The Government can only create debt a failing economy and all our retirement dollars are going to be worth nothing.

Your choice
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

He's like any other politician. He's not trying to get elected in order to serve the public. He's trying to get elected to serve the interests of himself and his financial backers. Beyond that, his 2nd Amendment views are downright disturbing. I don't trust him. In fact, I don't trust ANY of the people running for public office.

Impressive resume? Maybe to some I suppose. Is he the best choice to replace Obama? Not in my opinion.

And you can go ahead and write all the letters you want to his campaign asking for clarification on where he stands on any given issue, and he (or a handler) will respond with what they think you want to hear. That's the way politics work.

Yes. I'm cynical, and right now, I'm allowed to say so, and I can defend that right to say so.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast