What you may not know about Herman Cain
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What you may not know about Herman Cain

Blog Entries

What you may not know about Herman Cain

He’s not a career politician (in fact he has never held political office).
    He’s known as a pizza guy, but there’s a lot more to him. He’s also a computer guy, a banker guy, and a rocket scientist guy.
    Here’s his bio:
    Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
    Master’s degree in Computer Science.
    Mathematician for the Navy, where he worked on missile ballistics (making him a rocket scientist).
    Computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola.
    VP of Corporate Data Systems and Services for Pillsbury (this is the top of the ladder in the computer world, being in charge of information systems for a major corporation).
    All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers!
    Business Manager. Took charge of Pillsbury’s 400 Burger King restaurants in the Philadelphia area, which were the company’s poorest performers in the country. Spent the first nine months learning the business from the ground up, cooking hamburger and yes, cleaning toilets. After three years he had turned them into the company’s best performers.
    Godfather’s Pizza CEO. Was asked by Pillsbury to take charge of their Godfather’s Pizza chain (which was on the verge of bankruptcy). He made it profitable in 14 months.
    In 1988 he led a buyout of the Godfather’s Pizza chain from Pillsbury. He was now the owner of a restaurant chain. Again he reached the top of the ladder of another industry.
    He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association during this time. This is a group that interacts with government on behalf of the restaurant industry, and it gave him political experience from the non-politician side.
    Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!

Reserve System (the top banking position in the Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary policy changes would affect American businesses.
    Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He worked his way up to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve bank. This is only one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System (the top banking position in the country). This position allowed him to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the political forces that impact the monetary system.
    After reaching the top of the banking industry, he changed careers for a fourth time!
    Writer and public speaker. He then started to write and speak on leadership. His books include Speak as a Leader, CEO of Self, Leadership is Common Sense, and They Think You’re Stupid.
    Radio Host. Around 2007—after a remarkable 40 year career—he started hosting a radio show on WSB in Atlanta (the largest talk radio station in the country).
    He did all this starting from rock bottom (his father was a chauffeur and his mother was a maid). When you add up his accomplishments in his life—including reaching the top of three unrelated industries: information systems, business management, and banking—
    STACK THAT UP AGAINST THE 'COMMUNITY ORGANIZER'....
    Herman Cain may have the most impressive resume of anyone that has run for the presidency in the last half century.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hi Debray,

Herman Cain is the man. I really hope he gets the nomination.

Do you have a source for this? I would like to pass it on, but I hate getting Snopesed for sending on something that isn't totally Gospel.

Thanks...

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Hey Speedbump,

I can appreciate the need for documentation. As for me, I simply listen to the man whenever I have a chance to hear him speak. Also, I've run accross stories and discussions about Cain's career and some of the things he's done although I could not say at all that every single thing that Debray tossed out has been something I've read before. Having said that, I have heard and read enough about him to know he is a business saavy man with a good sense of political know-how wrapped up in a Tea Party kind of conservatism. Although mediocre on gun rights, he's still my number one (if not number two) choice so far.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Cain also believes that guns are a state's rights issue, meaning that the 2 Amendment doesn't apply to the states. I would assume by extension then that 1 and 3-8 don't apply?
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    Cain also believes that guns are a state's rights issue, meaning that the 2 Amendment doesn't apply to the states. I would assume by extension then that 1 and 3-8 don't apply?
    Yeah, this is something I need to edjukate myself about. I agree that the 10th Amendment is very important, but maybe I'm rather a simple man in that I see the 2nd Amendment as meaning that no federal entity, no state, no city, no "anything or anyone" can infringe on our right to arm ourselves. This would mean (in my world) that any and all gun restrictions from carrying to caliber are illegal, with the exception of property owners who should have the right to say who or what goes on in thier own properties.

As for me tho, I ignore such silly no guns signs. If I don't need the gun to save my hide then mr or mrs property owner will never have known it was there. If I do need it, then i will be alive to be prosecuted. ...Seems like a no brainer to me and yet some argue, and that's ok as we all have opinions!

I like to think the 2nd should be treated as the 1st, no entity should be able to tell us how much of that right is "allowable" and to what degree the right can be infringed. PC'ness aside, can you imagine your state, your city, or the feds telling you that you cannot use the word "ObaMao" outside your home or you will be prosecuted? Yeah, it'd be a raging infringement against your 1st Amendment right and yet many blindly feel not being "allowed" to CC in Illinois or that in most other states you need to pay a fee and get a piece of permission paper to do so is just fine...

So, lets all write Cain a letter explaining the simplicity of the 2nd Amendment. I'll start, I will get a letter to both his office and his campaign hdqrtrs in the mail on Monday. The letters will be polite, succinct and spell/grammer checked. I dare YOU to do simarlarly. :-)

Cain Campaign Headquarters:
    P.O. Box 2158
    Stockbridge, Georgia 30281
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Imagine the difficulty the Obama machine will have if they can't play the race card against the opposition. This will be fun to watch if Cain gets the nomination.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    This would mean (in my world) that any and all gun restrictions from carrying to caliber are illegal, with the exception of property owners who should have the right to say who or what goes on in thier own properties.

As for me tho, I ignore such silly no guns signs. If I don't need the gun to save my hide then mr or mrs property owner will never have know it was there. If I do need it, then i will be alive to be prosecuted. ...Seems like a no brainer to me and yet some argue, and that's ok as we all have opinions!
    Oh goodie. Another "law-abiding gun owner." Do you also ignore such silly "No Trespassing" signs?

Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Imagine the difficulty the Obama machine will have if they can't play the race card against the opposition. This will be fun to watch if Cain gets the nomination.
    "They" already are playing the race card. It would seem that the buzz on the lefty TV "news" info shows was that the tea party types who voted to allow Cain to win the Florida straw poll primarily did no so as to hide thier true racist tendencies. Striking, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    Oh goodie. Another "law-abiding gun owner." Do you also ignore such silly "No Trespassing" signs?

Arggh, ya got me! hehe

I do not go onto property that is marked "no tresspassing" as I have no cloaking device to make my presence undetectable. My hidden handgun is rather undetectable, however. If I'm somewhere, my gun is somewhere with me. If there is a "no tresspassing" sign, smart guy, I'm not there nor is my gun. But if I have to go into the posted area for whatever emergency might dictate my gun will be going with me. Also, since I'm sure you will come up with something as like: "ok, how about silly one-way traffic signs, how about those, hmmmm?" I will say up front that again, you will have gotten me there to.

Say what you will, I am armed wherever i go unless there are active searches or metal detectors and guns are for the "elite" only in the place.

I try to be polite about the idea of being alive to be prosecuted, versus being dead by following some stupid no guns sign in the (hopefully unlikely, but does happen) event that a gun was needed where I was to defend my life. Sorry if you don't like it but your contrary opinion to me is simply and only that. However, I would fight for the freedom itself to have and to communicate even such a silly opinion, in my view, as yours.

I do not disrespect you at all. I'm sure you are a fine person. Your opinion is what I take issue with as I find it silly that someone would rather die than disregard a sign, in the rare instances a gun would have been needed. (Virginia Tech, Von Mauer in Omaha, Columbine, Denver church, post office [where "going postal" originated] and on and on and on).

Let me put it this way: Lets say that you and I were at seperate churches, each with our families. Both churches had "no guns" signs at the door. Now enter active shooters at both churches and started making holes in people at each church... If you don't get it, well, let's just agree to disagree and you'd better hope I'm at your church that day.

Now back to the original poster's idea. We need to send letters to Cain's offices helping to infuse common sense into is mediocre 2nd Amendment support...

H. Cain Campaign Headquarters:
    P.O. Box 2158
    Stockbridge, Georgia 30281

Just shows what a threat the Tea Party is to the main stream media and their progressive liberal friends. It's interesting how they compare the Tea Party to those nuts demonstrating on wall street. The Tea Party has clear objectives while Occupy Wall Street can't find two people that have a clue why they are there. Oh well party on.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast