Should a convicted felon be allowed to carry firearm
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should a convicted felon be allowed to carry firearm

Should a convicted felon be allowed to carry firearm

Should a convicted felon that has completed prison and probation be allowed to own and carry a firearm? Should there be any conditions that would differentiate one type of felon from another when it comes to second amendment rights? I figure that people here are very knowledgeable when it comes to the right to bear arms, so what do you think?

I think once a man has "COMPLETELY" paid his debt to society, rights should be restored.

Think about it like this:

If "you" had to use your firearm in SD, and were wrongly convicted of manslaughter by some libtard jury/judge, Would "you" want your rights restored after you served your time?

Speaking from personal experiance, after almost 25 years and countless hours of leagle help and phone calls, and letters to state government offices, I still can't own,operate, ( normal ) firearms, i did a loop-hole i can use black powder and the likes.

I was charged with recieveing stolen property and given 3 years UNsupervised probation and $300. fine

5. I think it depends on the nature of the felony. Obviously any violent charges or drug trafficking felons shouldn't be allowed. Within a time frame I guess id say. Maybe 10 years after the release date or something. I guess the thought of telling anyone what to do makes me cringe, except perverts and wife beaters.

Possibly....I think NOT if you were a VIOLENT felon. Theren would need to be lines drawn.

Yes to some and No to others! Common sense people. Violent = No, Peace=Yes./;

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I think once a man has "COMPLETELY" paid his debt to society, rights should be restored.

Think about it like this:

If "you" had to use your firearm in SD, and were wrongly convicted of manslaughter by some libtard jury/judge, Would "you" want your rights restored after you served your time?
    Would you give a firearm to the child molester that killed our little guy? He served time for our nine-year-old and upon release tried to do it again. He then served 10 years for attempting to kill two six-year-old boys. He's now free again. I've since caught him trying to setup an overnight camping trip for elementary school-age boys. An friend who is a retired FBI profiler beleives he'll kill again.

In cases where the felony was for DUI or some other low level crime I would agree to restore their rights. Anyone who committed a violent felony or misdemeanor level person-on-person crime should not get their rights back. Make an announcement... anyone convicted of a violent crime loses their rights. Now they commit crimes with full knowledge of the consequences.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by n4sxx View Post
    Speaking from personal experiance, after almost 25 years and countless hours of leagle help and phone calls, and letters to state government offices, I still can't own,operate, ( normal ) firearms, i did a loop-hole i can use black powder and the likes.

I was charged with recieveing stolen property and given 3 years UNsupervised probation and $300. fine
    I believe your rights should be restored.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Would you give a firearm to the child molester that killed our little guy? He served time for our nine-year-old and upon release tried to do it again. He then served 10 years for attempting to kill two six-year-old boys. He's now free again. I've since caught him trying to setup an overnight camping trip for elementary school-age boys. An friend who is a retired FBI profiler beleives he'll kill again.

In cases where the felony was for DUI or some other low level crime I would agree to restore their rights. Anyone who committed a violent felony or misdemeanor level person-on-person crime should not get their rights back. Make an announcement... anyone convicted of a violent crime loses their rights. Now they commit crimes with full knowledge of the consequences.
    Personally, I would favor executing the guy.

My feeling is that, if we cannot trust someone with the means to defend him/herself, we can't trust them to be in society period.

11. Couldn't agree more

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast