How the LAPD fight Robberies!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the LAPD fight Robberies!

How the LAPD fight Robberies!

What total BS!

They prevent honest people from being armed and demonstrate their "Keystone Kop"
    impotence to do anything about crime with this crap.

-Doc

‘Hats Off’ Or Get Out: Valley Stores, LAPD To Ban Headgear In Anti-Crime Effort CBS Los Angeles

Wow. Did you read the article? This is not unusual, at all. Many of the banks in Columbus, Ohio have this reg, so I know it's been done for a while. It's not about "preventing" a robbery. It's about making the person easier to identify on video, since most of their face won't be covered.

This is not "LAPD banning headgear," by the way. This is private property owners dictating to those who come on their property what permissible clothing is. The private property owners are saying that you can't come on their property if you're dressed a certain way. If you try to, you're trespassing. Not at all unreasonable.

A side note: why don't more businesses mount their surveillance cameras lower, so you're getting more of a head-on view of the person? As small as cameras are these days, it should be easy to hide them.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Removing head gear will not deter a crime. Removing guns from people who want to protect themselves from perps do. When will these people learn?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

It's Not. Meant. To. Deter. Crime.

It's meant to make it easier to identify people on video.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Sure --- like the perp will do what it wants to do,like not carry a gun. Be identified? They will always find a way.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

no sign on any door will ever make me take my hat off that iv worn for 20 plus years. And i wont give a damn what law i may violate by not doing so. We have to start drawing the line to these liberal idiots sometime. I thank god every day i was not born a native of California.

Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    It's Not. Meant. To. Deter. Crime.

It's meant to make it easier to identify people on video.
    law abiding citizens need not be identified on camera, so this logic is flawed. The criminal wont care about the sign on the door either.

So really i must ask, what real purpose does it serve. Its just another attack on our personal liberties.

Does this mean I won't be able to wear my Ghostface-killer mask when I go shopping on Ro-DAY-o drive anymore??
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Can I still wear my CCW Mask?

Wear a Richard Nixon mask. Problem solved. Instant haul off to jail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast