It's all too convenient!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's all too convenient!

It's all too convenient!

The Iran plot comes at a time when Zero-bama and Holder are under the magnifying glass for their involvement in "Fast and Furious", and the Solyndra debacle. Three people had direct conflicts of interest and influenced Zero-bama to go ahead with the loan of a half billion dollars to a failing company. Fox pointed out that Zero-bama was proposing taxing carbon so heavily as to drive business to solar companies. If they restructured the debt illegally, they should be prosecuted. The White House is just drawing fire away from the issues. The guy they fingered is a used car salesman who's been here for 30 years. Yea, I believe he all of a sudden decided to conspire to screw his comfortable life in the U.S. NOT!

But the Obama team was willing to go along with Prend, Skinner and Kaiser for one simple reason: The president had a plan to make carbon costly.

Emails from senior Energy Department advisers Matt Rogers and Rod O’Connor from May of 2010 make it clear that as the company was starting to go down, the last hope was for the Democratically dominated Congress to finally push through a global warming bill that would make traditional energy sources more expensive and drive up demand for less efficient but less polluting solar cells.

Whatever the flaws in the Solyndra business model, the president likely saw only upside in siding with his donors and key advisers on Solyndra. Remember that in February 2009, no one in Washington would have doubted that Obama would succeed in imposing his plan to require businesses to purchase transferable credits for the right to emit carbon dioxide, or at least something that would have made energy more expensive.

A handful of moderate Senate Democrats stopped the president’s plan. But had he succeeded, higher energy costs and the chance for companies to earn extra credits for the right to use other, more efficient energy sources by buying solar panels would have made Solynrda profitable, however bad its original business plan had been.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1aliIGQR6
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Drill and refine here. Fill the gap until solar, wind and other sources can be even slightly useful on a large scale with domestic oil and help kiss the terror funding via Saudi oil googbye.

On the flip side, we are using the finite oil (all oil is finite) from the middle east. If and when the time comes the oil fields over there are all dried up, we'll still have ours so we can put our gasoline in the tree hugger's vehicles. Of course, those who protested against big oil and helped stop domestic production (thereby keeping us dependent on foreign oil and also reducing REAL jobs here) will be charged double.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

So you have proven scientific fact, not consciences or theory, the planet earth is no longer evolving so no new oil is being produced. I have no problem with looking into other sources of power. In my opinion human arrogance and special interests are aloud way to much influence in directing our policies. I would also add politics but that is controlled by special interest.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Drill and refine here. Fill the gap until solar, wind and other sources can be even slightly useful on a large scale with domestic oil and help kiss the terror funding via Saudi oil googbye.

On the flip side, we are using the finite oil (all oil is finite) from the middle east. If and when the time comes the oil fields over there are all dried up, we'll still have ours so we can put our gasoline in the tree hugger's vehicles. Of course, those who protested against big oil and helped stop domestic production (thereby keeping us dependent on foreign oil and also reducing REAL jobs here) will be charged double.
    "Drill and refine here." Amen to that!

As for the protesters mentioned above....revoke their drivers license and let them design & build an electric bicycle. These people are so hypocritical.
    Happily clinging to God and my guns...not at all bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    So you have proven scientific fact, not consciences or theory,
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Conscience is a feeling that something is either right or wrong, and a theory is what is tested with science.
    the planet earth is no longer evolving so no new oil is being produced.
    Planets don't generally evolve, and new oil is constantly being created. Every year, when leaves fall from trees, the source of oil is being created, but it's a slow process.
    In my opinion human arrogance and special interests are aloud way to much influence in directing our policies. I would also add politics but that is controlled by special interest.
    Do you mean - special interests are allowed way too much influence? Yes, I agree, but only for special interest groups that agree with me like Gun Owners of America, and Ron Paul for President. All the rest of the special interest groups should be banned! :)
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

True science is based in provable facts not consciences (feelings) or theory (best guess). Man caused global climate change is classic. All they have is science based on "feelings" and "best guess" and we are forced to believe it. There is no solid scientific fact, just what if it's true we can't wait. It would be great if special interest you disagree with were banned but they aren't and they are aloud too much influence on directing our policies.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

That's my opinion which is worth nothing.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    That's my opinion which is worth nothing.
    I disagree. Isn't all of our opinions our "$0.02"?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Well that's my $0.02 worth.

Well that's my $0.02 worth.
    How's all that hope and change working for ya?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast