Wild Animals killed or Our Right to bear arms violated (What is the real story)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Animals killed or Our Right to bear arms violated (What is the real story)

Blog Entries

Wild Animals killed or Our Right to bear arms violated (What is the real story)

Not far from where I live in Ohio Sheriff's deputies have shot 48 animals - including 18 rare Bengal tigers and 17 lions - after Terry Thompson, owner of the private Muskingum County Animal Farm near Zanesville, threw their cages open Tuesday and then committed suicide.

“Thompson, 62, had had repeated run-ins with the law and his neighbors. Lutz said that the sheriff's office had received numerous complaints since 2004“.

“The sheriff's office also said that Thompson had been charged over the years with animal cruelty, animal neglect and allowing animals to roam“.

“He had gotten out of federal prison just last month after serving a year for possessing unregistered guns“.

The Sheriff and the media are doing their best to portray this man as a bad person and everybody is saying “It‘s terrible about all those poor animals“.

I say what about the poor guy that has just been pushed over the edge by neighbors, local law enforcement, our federal government, and now his wife?

Neighbors can be great or they can be your worst enemy. I live in a rural farming area, and just like most rural areas the city folk want to move out here to enjoy the freedom of the country. But the freedom they want, they also seek to destroy. Heaven forbid one of these good neighbors should see you cut off a chickens head, or shoot a beef and hang it up for skinning. Even worse if a cow goes down having a calf, and you take the calf to the barn, leave her in the field with food and water (because they had better not get a picture of you dragging her to the barn) and administer medications before your do-good neighbor is even out of bed, don’t be surprised when the local humane society sends the sheriff deputy to knock on your door and issue you a summons for animal abuse.

They said the animal cruelty charges were filed after they found beef carcass remains on the property. (what did they expect lions, tigers, and bears to eat) In the state of Ohio you can get a permit to compost animal remains on your property. I sure hope they don’t check my back field they may find a few remains in my sheep compost pile, since I haven’t found much of a market for head, hide, and feet.

What do you think about this one (“He had gotten out of federal prison just last month after serving a year for possessing unregistered guns“) So the 20 gage double barrel handed down to me from my Grandpa isn’t registered. I could go to prison for a year, but Erick Holder can send several thousand un-registered guns to the Mexican Cartel, but I guess it is different for the Social Justice Department since they are just trying to raise the statistics to match their lies.

And last but not least, last week his wife handed him divorce papers.

Makes you wonder about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness doesn’t it.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

3. What state arrested him for the gun charges? As you may know, we don't register guns in Ohio.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand he did a year in prison for owning 4 unregistered fully automatic weapons. I believe the ATF searched his property and found those weapons.

I live in Ohio also it's a big story here. But now the gov is going to step up all exotic animal laws right away so this doesn't happens again. I just head on the news.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyb View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand he did a year in prison for owning 4 unregistered fully automatic weapons. I believe the ATF searched his property and found those weapons.
    So why did they search his property?
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

7. Have known several (extreme) 'animal lovers' in my life. NM has had many of them in the news. Last headlines, the Las Cruces NM dogs (Pitbulls...what's new) killed an innocent woman walking past the property. No charges were filed until recently. Due to the litigous nature of our 'new' society, doubtful they will stick. The animal lovers are 'special'. Especially the 'extreme' animal lovers. Different strokes for different folks? It's a dangerous world out there. Be Prepared, stay armed no matter what the politicos and their leftist supporters demand.

It's my understanding that he had had many run-ins with various county and state agencies. I think he was probably overwhelmed with the care of 50+ exotic animals, and I have to wonder what kind of income he had that paid for the food.

When someone like Jack Hanna calls the animals' living conditions "deplorable," you're probably doing it wrong.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

From the news reports I saw, he was an FFL and was arrested after a raid where Federal agents seized 133 weapons, including a machine gun and several firearms missing serial numbers. This wasn't your Grandpa's shotgun that wasn't registered.

Quote Originally Posted by alduane View Post
    From the news reports I saw, he was an FFL and was arrested after a raid where Federal agents seized 133 weapons, including a machine gun and several firearms missing serial numbers. This wasn't your Grandpa's shotgun that wasn't registered.
    I have a couple of very old firearms that don't have serial numbers. The ATF threw a guy in jail for having an "unregistered machine gun" because he loaned one of his rifles to a friend and it did a runaway firing three shots with one trigger pull. So I don't think you can believe any charge the ATF brings unless you know all the facts.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Blog Entries

So why do we have a second amendment?

Quote Originally Posted by alduane View Post
    OK, so why do we have a second amendment?

1, Is it to allow hunting and should be regulated to the point that only single shot muzzle loaders are allowed?

2. Is it for self defiance and protection of your family and law abiding citizens should be restricted to 5 round magazines, bolt actions, or maybe just revolvers or less?

3. Or is it, a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed?

Are we still a free state, and are our rights being infringed?

If you are an American citizen, and are not mentally disabled, or a criminal your rights should not be infringed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast