Islamic Street Justice - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Islamic Street Justice

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    From predominately Christian Sub-Saharan Africa,

Women fight breast ironing through sex education - CNN.com

The nation is question is close to 70% Christian.
    G50AE - your example above is a non sequitur. Post hoc ergo propter hoc? Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with this practice... show me anywhere in Christian teaching that women are to have their breasts ironed or any other form of mutilation to prevent unwanted sexual advances or out of wedlock pregnancy? Breast ironing is due to fallacious cultural thinking not the predominant religion.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    From predominately Christian Sub-Saharan Africa,

Women fight breast ironing through sex education - CNN.com

The nation is question is close to 70% Christian.
    You are mixing religion with education. Just because a nation claims to be Christian doesn't mean they are. Look at Mexico for example. Claims to be Christian and look at all the crime they have to deal with. Titles are great but if you only wear it when it's convenient for you it doesn't mean much.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Biblical Scholars

It always amazes me how so many christians don't take the time to read and study the Bible, or look at the contextual basis and historical time period that the bible was written in. All they seem to do is cherry pick quotes out that support THEIR position. So here's a few biblical verses to think about:

First, to anyone who thinks that Christianity doesn't support violence against non-believers:

He that sacrificeth unto any god, save the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed
    -Exodus 22:20

Pretty straighforward, and one of the many justifications for the Crusades, persecution, torture and destruction of native tribes who refused to become christians in the New World, etc.

To anyone who thinks Christianity supports women's rights:

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church; and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their husbands in everything.
    -Ephesians 5:22-24

Thousands of years of repressing women's rights lies in this quote. You can look up 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 (women not allowed to speak in church) and Leviticus 12: 2&5 for some more proof of anti-female sentiment in the bible (Leviticus describes purification rituals required after birth; for a female child the isolation and purification is twice as long as a male child because of the idea that a female child is less pure than a male). Nevermind the whole discussion of Eve's original sin in 1 Timothy 2:11-14:

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression

And so on and so forth. And it's probably worth pointing out that women's rights is a new "invention" of the last 100 years or so. Shouldn't be surprising that Islamic countries are struggling with women's rights the same way America did at the turn of the last century, and we were a Christian society that wouldn't allow women to vote, shunned/assaulted women for showing their ankles in public or daring to wear makeup, didn't allow women property ownership, etc.

Anyone else ever wonder why slavery was around for so long?

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living amoung you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
    Leviticus 25:44-45

Pretty strong justifcation for allowing slavery.

Know any Christians who shave or get haircuts?

Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
    Leviticus 19:27

Point is, historically speaking, the study/use of the Bible has gone through lots of phases over the last 2000 years, and things like the Inquisition (those wonderful guys were all men of the cloth torturing people in His name) and Hitler's crimes against Jews all found justification in the Bible or teachings of the church (Hitler was a practicing Catholic, and NEVER excommunicated or condemmned by the church; his war against Jews was inspired by his belief and a widely held belief by some Catholics to this day that Jews were responsible for the death of Jesus).

True Hiler was born a Catholic, that doesn't mean he was a practicing Catholic. I've never scene any historical data that he ever steped foot inside a church on his rise to power. True there are some Catholics that blame the Jews for the death of Jesus. There are also other Christian religions that blame them. But as the Bibles was written for a different time also the events of the time of Jesus were in a different time. Hind sight is almost always 20/20. If someone today was walking around claiming to be the son of God, they would also be viewed as some kind of nut and a threat to the established religions.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Then your not prepared. Paranoia is just fear. That's what I don't understand.
    Ya missed the point as well as the tongue in cheek. Oh well......

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Ya missed the point as well as the tongue in cheek. Oh well......

GG
    No I didn't. If you prepared what ever happens on this earth doesn't matter because you will be with your god so why worry. Thats what I can't figure out. If your going to a better place just live happy and not worry

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    True Hiler was born a Catholic, that doesn't mean he was a practicing Catholic. I've never scene any historical data that he ever steped foot inside a church on his rise to power.
    His southern ally Benito Mussolini set up the Vatican City as an independent nation. As such, the Vatican City is the last vestige of WWII era Nazi-ism.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    True there are some Catholics that blame the Jews for the death of Jesus.
    Mel Gibson and Cardnal Joe Ratzinger come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    No I didn't. If you prepared what ever happens on this earth doesn't matter because you will be with your god so why worry. Thats what I can't figure out. If your going to a better place just live happy and not worry
    Now, see? That simply assumes that we all ascribe to the same belief system that you do. Without going into details, let us just say that I find it somewhat unsettling when someone tries to sell me a religion, or belief system. I don't try to sell mine.... I expect reciprosity.

I have heard all about the "better place", there's at least one sect that believes that out of all the billions of humans only 144 kilo humans are going to be saved. All well and fine, I suppose the Gods can "waste" human life, but we are expected to treat every soul as precious. (Good for goose, good for gander?)

A couple of years back a bunch of fanatics in Alabama broke the 144K down into number of "saved" per county. Not quite sure what the objective of that was, perhaps to allow a person living in a "low odds" County to move to a County with a better chance of making the cut. LOL!

"To believe that there is a supreme being roaming the universe dispensing 'justice'.... is illogical."

My bottom line on religion..... whatever makes you a better person and keeps you going through this chaos called life is fine with me. But I'll thank you not to bore me with the details of your beliefs and I will do the same. Actions talk louder than words anyway.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345