What are your thoughts on Iraq pull out by end of year? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on Iraq pull out by end of year?

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    What are all these troops going to do for employment when they come home to an already depressed economy? I do realize that not all of the troops will cycle out but I think a majority of them will and that's going to add to the unemployed masses. Not to mention putting a lot of strain on the already strained family relationships that these troop being deployed for so long has created.
    Here in Minnesota our unemployment rate is about 10% for civilians, and closer to 26% for us vets! Up until I FINALLY got a job offer I was doing everything I could do to get back in and deploy again...
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

Not sure why this has to become a discussion of Obama. Bring our active duty brethren (sisters, too) home, where they should have been all along. Too many wasted lives and dollars on a fool's errand.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Thanx all. I agree with those wanting our guys and gals to come home safely and also agree that it's too bad the leaders of Iraq would not grant amnesty to our troops so that we mighta left some to do more training. Although, I suppose we will never really know all the details of the conversations our regime had with the Iraqians... Now tho, there will be a pit of a country left behind that will likely be less able to defend against Iran, both militarily and in the fight for hearts and minds. Now there's a situation that will have implications in the very near future!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    I don't think it is a campaign move because it is bring dictated by the Iraqi refusal to give US troops immunity.

It is a campaign move to bring up employment problems. They have jobs, they are in the military. Unless there are forced cuts they are smart enough to know the status of the job market and one of the two major reasons to leave the military will not be an issue anymore.
    Spoken like a true Liberal. Look beyond the immediate and see what the long range affects will be. I'm not "campaigning" for any thing or one. The economy is in the dumper because Obama spent money on the unions at break neck pace. And with the economy in the dumper, spending cuts the liberal left are suggesting always start with cutting the military spending, so yeah, the troops are coming home to discharges which means they WON'T be employed.

And if this isn't a campaign move by Obama, why did he wait to bring the troops home until his numbers were in the basement? Why not fulfill his campaign promise to bring the troops home his first year in office like he said he would? Everything a politician does is for campaign purposes, I don't care what color he's flying.

And if I read your last comment correctly, I would believe you to be of the crowd that believes the reason to join the military is to get a job first and defend the Nation second.

As I have said before, prepare for our troops to come home by make sure that there are jobs for them when they come home. Or they can stay in the military but be put on boots-on-the-ground programs to protect our borders. We have the greatest military in the whole world and many countries are depending on us but we cannot protect our borders? Something is wrong with this picture, eh?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    Here in Minnesota our unemployment rate is about 10% for civilians, and closer to 26% for us vets! Up until I FINALLY got a job offer I was doing everything I could do to get back in and deploy again...
    Say Buckslayer, what was the final score of the Nebraska/Minnesota game? I missed the final quarter. ;-)
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

So.... apparently someone needs to start "making book" on how long it will be before the "three factions of animosity grouped under the single name Iraq" starts to fall apart.

I give it a round year's worth. Outcome of the "troubles"? Iraq reverts to another dictator Government. (SOMEONE has to keep a tight thumb on these factions.) I give that the best probability. Next in line would be that Iran would "intervene".... for "humanitarian purposes", of course.

Persian Empire..... we are HERE!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

9. my thought is ,how are we going to bring all the billions of dollars of tanks,arm,vehicles home in 6.5 weeks?,or are we just going to leave them there for anybody to pick up?

We will leave most of it behind.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    So.... apparently someone needs to start "making book" on how long it will be before the "three factions of animosity grouped under the single name Iraq" starts to fall apart.

I give it a round year's worth. Outcome of the "troubles"? Iraq reverts to another dictator Government. (SOMEONE has to keep a tight thumb on these factions.) I give that the best probability. Next in line would be that Iran would "intervene".... for "humanitarian purposes", of course.

Persian Empire..... we are HERE! GG
    For certain Iran will fill the void.... and the one in Afganistan, too, when we leave there.
    Charlie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast