What are your thoughts on Iraq pull out by end of year? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on Iraq pull out by end of year?

1. Obama didn't have a real choice. Either he pulls our troops, as the Iraqi government has ordered, or we invite a *LOT* more terrorism by staying after our mandate from the government has expired, and actually become the occupiers that the extremists claim we are.

Personally, I felt that Saddam had to go, but the way it was done was bad. Made up reason, no plan for the aftermath. If Bush had just said up front he was overthrowing a dictator that was destabilizing the region - and thus hurting the US; then worked with governments in the region to have a replacement government ready, I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

But it was sold with a sham, and poorly executed. It's like they just expected a new government to crop up. That worked (not well, but it did work,) in Afghanistan, it didn't work at all in Iraq.

I'm happy the troops are being brought home (partly because I know quite a few people over there.) Hopefully the Iraqi government can keep themselves something resembling stable, with something resembling friendliness toward the US. (I'd accept ambivalent neutrality, too.)

When our troops are pulled out Iran will move in, there's nothing to stop them. This will put the worlds second largest oil reserve in the hands of the Iranians and we will end up paying billions of dollars in oil revenues to support their regime.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

4. POLITICS pure and simple election year politics.
    Watch the price of gas go down as weell.
    An honest mans pillow is his peace of mind.

I think the US is pulling out for other reasons then stated here. Most see things for face value which u naturally will however the US is pulling out for something bigger down the road fixing to happen. We the people do not see all the cards since they r not on the table for all to see yet. This Iran / Israel thing will probably blow up before long. Who believes Iran is not working on serious weapons to use against the region. I think we r just regrouping to possibly get out of the way of a more serious war. WW3 I wouldn't think so unless Russia or China or worse yet both got involved in it. Let's hope not. Russia has been backing Iran lately and China I do believe has been backing terror through being a third party to it all and at the same time trying to put on like there some kind of friend to western powers. China has been building its forces very much so lately. What's that for? Heck they got the bomb for nuclear deterrent against other nuclear powers. An Army for an invasion is what I say. I think if Obama was going to do something to save face for an election he would do it in 2012 closer to the election. I didn't vote for the man at all, but I think this is a smart move for all us Americans. We will have to see how things unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I think the US is pulling out for other reasons then stated here. Most see things for face value which u naturally will however the US is pulling out for something bigger down the road fixing to happen. We the people do not see all the cards since they r not on the table for all to see yet. This Iran / Israel thing will probably blow up before long. Who believes Iran is not working on serious weapons to use against the region. I think we r just regrouping to possibly get out of the way of a more serious war. .
    You're definitely on the right track. There are two wars leading to the final Battle of Armageddon. First is the Battle of Psalm 83 in coalition with Isaiah 17 and the destruction of Damascus. Psalm 83 & Isaiah 17 are in direct relation to "current events" concerning the division of Jerusalem. Second is the Gog/Magog invasion of Ezekiel 38-39 in "retaliation" for Israel's victory of Psalm 83 & Isaiah 17. With the way things are going, both of these wars are most likely to happen before the end of 2012. Considering that Iraq is part of the invasion of Ezekiel 38-39, the pieces are all falling neatly into place as God predicted.

Hell is not too far off for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Hell is not too far off for a lot of people.
    Be it war or peace, just one heartbeat away.

It's long overdue.

Now, if they will just bring the troops home from all the other places, maybe we can get some recovery going.

10. I don't know if this has already been talked about, but I was curious if anyone can give their input.

Does anyone see it as coincidental that Turkey has just invaded Northern Iraq, and Iran is helping out Turkey shortly after we announced a pullout of all our troops?

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    It's long overdue.

Now, if they will just bring the troops home from all the other places, maybe we can get some recovery going.
    The big question is what kind of recovery are we talking about that will make any difference? Bringing our troops home from everywhere they're stationed throughout the world will only add to the unemployment problem unless they remain in the military, regardless of where they are. If we're talking about economic recovery, there is no way out of our problem. Because our country's debt is "impossible" to resolve, things will continue to only get worse. At present our debt is $14 trillion, soon to be $16 trillion. If we could afford to pay $10 million a day in an effort to pay off our debt, it would take 4,000 years to get 'er done. Now take into consideration that we can't even afford to pay the interest on the debt. Anyone who thinks an election in 2012 or bringing our troops home from around the world is going to make any difference is ignoring everyday current events "both" nationally and globally. The entire world is in a condition of extreme perplexity, this is reality. Except for wishful thinking, life as we know it is on a downward spiral with no relief in sight.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast