What are your thoughts on Iraq pull out by end of year?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on Iraq pull out by end of year?

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries

What are your thoughts on Iraq pull out by end of year?

I watched another of ObaMao's campaign speeches today, discussing the regime's decision to pull all troups out of Iraq by years end.

What's your take? Heres one of many links to many reports about it: Obama announces total Iraq troop withdrawal - Yahoo! News
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

This just another indication of how ignorant Obama is. The generals wanted to keep more forces there but he has decided to turn tail and run. He is a disgrace to all the men and women who have fought and died over there and has effectively left the Iraqi people in probably more peril than they had with Saddam Hussein. If the Iranians try to move in to Iraq, are we going to send the troops back? We did the same thing in Vietnam, a decision based on politics, not a sound military decision. Personally, this is one reason I believe ALL politicians, especially the president, should have had previous military experience. This same sentiment was expressed by Thomas Jefferson in a letter in 1813, "Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state." But, then again, we are slowly losing our status as a free state.

4. Even though i dont care for our fearless leader, i do agree to remove the troops. I believe we have done what we can with these people. They have been fighting over there forever and will continue to. Also with the Iraqi leaders not extending the immunity for our troops, why have them there? That is a BIG liability in my opinion.

5. It may have been a mistake to remove Saddam - he was the only counterbalance to Iran in the region. We definitely shouldn't have tried to build a nation in Iraq. Overthrow Saddam and pull out. This would have resulted in minimum casualties and would have left Iraq approximately where it's at now.

I'm very glad to see the troops being pulled out of that hell hole but I have concerns.

First, I think this is a campaign move by Obama. He is so far in the dumper that he will do anything to boost his ratings.

What are all these troops going to do for employment when they come home to an already depressed economy? I do realize that not all of the troops will cycle out but I think a majority of them will and that's going to add to the unemployed masses. Not to mention putting a lot of strain on the already strained family relationships that these troop being deployed for so long has created.

Obama is just playing to his base. This decision is being make for political reasons not military. If you are going to go to war you better be in it to win it. You need a clearly defined objective. War is about killing and breaking things. Collateral damage is going to happen you can only hope to minimize it. If those cowards insist in hiding in a place of worship or school, take them out. Soon as you start letting politicians make military decisions you loose. I would love to see our troops returned. I have family and friends stationed over there. But I fear Iran will move in behind us and the bed wetting liberals making our military decisions will continue wetting their beds.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Usa wanted to keep some troops there. But Iraq wouldn't give the troop Amnesty to Us law. They wanted Iraqi law imposed on them. If any solider commits a crime there. So none are staying. Good I have family there. Alot of Military in my family.Some in Afghanistan also. We shouldn't be wasting out $$ there IMO

If we were commited to getting the job done, it would be worth staying. But we have lost to many people for not being commited. Bring them home!

Quote Originally Posted by walt629:237862
    I'm very glad to see the troops being pulled out of that hell hole but I have concerns.

First, I think this is a campaign move by Obama. He is so far in the dumper that he will do anything to boost his ratings.

What are all these troops going to do for employment when they come home to an already depressed economy? I do realize that not all of the troops will cycle out but I think a majority of them will and that's going to add to the unemployed masses. Not to mention putting a lot of strain on the already strained family relationships that these troop being deployed for so long has created.
    I don't think it is a campaign move because it is bring dictated by the Iraqi refusal to give US troops immunity.

It is a campaign move to bring up employment problems. They have jobs, they are in the military. Unless there are forced cuts they are smart enough to know the status of the job market and one of the two major reasons to leave the military will not be an issue anymore.

While I hardly intend to vote for Zerobama, I'm glad to hear that we're pulling our men and women home from a war that was really about nation building by George and ****.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast