A ban that I would welcome...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A ban that I would welcome...

1. A ban that I would welcome...

THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER WITNESSED....I seriously hope the government shuts this down.

Guns That Look Like Toys

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/256...php?cl=7087192

I was talking about this with my dad just yesterday actually.. both of us agreed that this was pushing it. now what may look like a squirt gun may actually be the real thing.. don't know if that's such a good idea...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

4. Ok This is just over the top. Real guns should look like real guns. toys look like toys. this is just going to get someone killed.

Yeah, I agree. We should be working to change the anti's minds about guns, but this I think is actually hurting us, as far as the general population's view. There is no reason to need an AR-15 in 'Barney Purple'. I bet the libs are just loving this up, more ammo to use against gun rights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

6. I emailed NRA and requested they pull all support of the company as well as refuse all donations/contributions from the organization...

Great idea! We're having such a hard time dealing with substantive issues like the 2nd Amendment and just how little the government should be allowed to infringe on our rights that we should chuck it over for cosmetics!

Let's just pass a blanket law that any real gun that resembles any toy gun must be banned. Then the Brady Campaign can issue toys made specifically to look real and we lose all our firearms!

Come on--airsoft is supposed to have a red tip and gang-bangers paint them black to make airsoft look real. When I was a child, we wanted the most realistic-looking toy guns available so we could pretend to be more like adults; none of us got killed because it never occurred to anyone to do something stupid like point one at the police.

How about we let people color their guns (remember Armalite in the '60s, anyone? Others too, the colored guns didn't catch on then) any way they want.

Tell the government to stick to substantial issues while leaving emotion out of the argument...:akuma:
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Why should the government shut this down? Do you really want the government jumping in on private enterprise? Do we have ANY evidence yet that these guns pose any more danger than any other gun? The government should mind their own business and let capitalism reign. Let the consumer decide if this is a good idea. If it is a good idea, the company will flourish, if it's a bad idea, the company will fail. No need for the guv'mint to stick it's nose in everything.
    The only difference between a liberal and a conservative is one mugging.

I saw a pink (furniture) AR-15 and thought that was a great idea to get a girl into shooting. The solid blue 1911 would possibly make me hesitate for a moment in the right situation. I know in FL even if you use a toy gun to rob a bank it's still armed robbery.

I remember reading a post about a "drill" they had at a college and someone suggested that they should have used one of those blue dummy guns. Seems like I may just have to fire on anyone pointing anything that looks like a gun at me.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

10. I think painting a gun like that is stupid and dangerous.

I think guns should look like guns and not toys. So yeah I would support a ban on this crap. Fighting for a thing like this does not advance the case of gun rights one bit. My son is a cop and I have been on ride alngs with him I know there are moments when seconds count you have a split second to make the decision to shoot or not. This puts kids and cops at greater risk plus it looks stupid so yeah color me pissed and against this.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

IMO, people should be able to paint their guns whatever color they want. If someone points something at me in a gun-like way, I'm going for cover and/or drawing. Regular guns do come in a reasonable variety of colors - usually parkerized, blued or chrome, but some are camo and some are gold, and I own a P3AT that is half olive green.

However, a gun is not, and should not be confused with, a fashion accessory. Firearms are not frivolous things. As for toys, I really don't like the idea of toy guns to begin with...I'd prefer for kids to grow up with the idea that any gun-shaped object will potentially destroy anything they aim it at. While I don't want government regulation to intervene, the likeness of a gun should be reserved for guns only (and guns used in training).

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I remember reading a post about a "drill" they had at a college and someone suggested that they should have used one of those blue dummy guns. Seems like I may just have to fire on anyone pointing anything that looks like a gun at me.
    Well...if nothing else they should have used dummy guns. At a minimum, they should have used dummies and told people ahead of time.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast