Listen up, you have heard this before - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Listen up, you have heard this before

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma, for now
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by unclewayne17 View Post
    Whether or not the statement is true obamas actions are speaking what was said.
    Wait - what? Are you serious?
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by unclewayne17 View Post
    Whether or not the statement is true obamas actions are speaking what was said.
    As the old saying goes, "Action speaks louder than words."
    Charlie

  4. #13
    I might add that Obama was on record as having a somewhat negative view of the Constitution. His complaint was that the Constitution tends to "limit Government" (NO Kidding, Oh great Professor of the Constitution! It was designed to accomplish just that.).

    It should come as no surprise, then, that since he came into "power" (out of thin air, it seems sometimes), his "attitude" toward the Constitution (which He is sworn to uphold) has been time and again demonstrated to be somewhat less than sterling.

    I have pointed that out in the past, but was "tagged" a racist for my troubles. Has our quest for "equality" for the minorities "progressed" so far that we are now to assume that minority members have no faults? Most assuredly the majority has faults.... so who (or what) are the minorities striving for equality with? The Gods? LOL!

    Let he who is without guilt cast the first stone. ....and the Libs/Progs/Dems, thinking THEY were being referred to, immediately got "stoned". (HEH! HEH! HEEEEEEH!)

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    As the old saying goes, "Action speaks louder than words."
    Yes, and do what I do, not what I say:
    Disrespecting America | A Soldier's Perspective
    Charlie

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    I might add that Obama was on record as having a somewhat negative view of the Constitution. His complaint was that the Constitution tends to "limit Government" (NO Kidding, Oh great Professor of the Constitution! It was designed to accomplish just that.).

    It should come as no surprise, then, that since he came into "power" (out of thin air, it seems sometimes), his "attitude" toward the Constitution (which He is sworn to uphold) has been time and again demonstrated to be somewhat less than sterling.GG
    I'm not a big fan of Zerobama. In fact, I'm not a fan of 99% of the congress or the senate. Dubya had the USA PATRIOT ACT already typed up and ready to go when "terrorists" flew planes into the WTC. Singularly, the worst constitution destroying piece of bs legislation in 30 years. Even on the sunset, those slimy, gutless politicians passed it again. Ron Paul didn't vote for it.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Zerobama. In fact, I'm not a fan of 99% of the congress or the senate. Dubya had the USA PATRIOT ACT already typed up and ready to go when "terrorists" flew planes into the WTC. Singularly, the worst constitution destroying piece of bs legislation in 30 years. Even on the sunset, those slimy, gutless politicians passed it again. Ron Paul didn't vote for it.
    I refer to it as the "Dell Wilkes Act". Dell Wilkes was the former USC Gamecocks cocaine user and collegiate football player who wrestled profesionally as "The Patriot". His wrestling days are over due to going to federal prison on drug charges. While in prison he found religion and is now a used car salesman.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445

    Presidential Criticism

    "The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole.

    Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile.

    To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about anyone else."

    “Theodore Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star", 149
    May 7, 1918
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by awkuby View Post
    What really makes snopes.com the Internet fact police? After all it is just another Internet website.
    Um, the fact that they actually DO the research, and have a track record of getting it RIGHT...
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    "The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole.

    Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile.

    To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about anyone else."

    “Theodore Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star", 149
    May 7, 1918
    I really like your attitude, Mom. You are more American than many native-born Americans. Hooray for you.
    Charlie

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Zerobama. In fact, I'm not a fan of 99% of the congress or the senate. Dubya had the USA PATRIOT ACT already typed up and ready to go when "terrorists" flew planes into the WTC. Singularly, the worst constitution destroying piece of bs legislation in 30 years. Even on the sunset, those slimy, gutless politicians passed it again. Ron Paul didn't vote for it.
    Don't look at me with that accusation. I've been a LOUD critic of the "Patriot Act" since it was proposed, let alone passed. But, considering the circumstances of the times (i.e. recent post 9/11) it was just another example of the Government taking advantage of a "crisis". Thus I was often termed a "terrorist sympathizer" for my efforts to keep the P.A. from becoming Law. (Just as I was termed a "racist" for pointing out certain criticisms of Obama when he was "running" for the Presidency.)

    (Although it has been noted by one of the Black Community's "spokesmen" that the use of logic in politics was "racist". HUH? Either that was taken WELL out of context, or it was one of the most insipidly ignorant comments I have ever been appraised of.)

    There is one notable aspect of the American People that becomes more apparent with every year that passes; They are, in general, becoming more and more dependent on the Government to "resolve" crisis. Even if the "crisis" is brought about and "hyped" by the Government. Worse, in the resolution of those crisis, the "People" allow great latitude to the Government to do "whatever is necessary" to "get it done".

    Unfortunately, in many instances, this latitude results in the chipping away of our "rights", the Constitution and even the most simple consideration of common sence.

    I find that disturbing.

    So, what now? Collapse the financial system, so Obama minded would be "Directors" can remake the Country into whatever his mystical and progressive "vision" happens to be?

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast