Listen up, you have heard this before
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listen up, you have heard this before

Listen up, you have heard this before

Yes, he told us in advance what he planned to do. Few were listening.

The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press."

From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008, 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Ginn, USAF (ret.), asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention, facing the flag, with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

NOW GET THIS !!

'Senator'Obama replied:

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides....." "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression...." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air, and all that sort of thing."

(ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???)

Obama continued:, "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of waring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ...."

"When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts . We as a Nation have placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice, which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag, and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past."

"Of course, now I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America."

WHAAAAAAAT,is that???

Yes, you read it right.

I, for one, am speechless!!! Dale Lindsborg , Washington Post

EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NEEDS TO READ THIS, KEEP IT GOING ! !SAVE AMERICA BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE ! !
    Charlie

ezkl2230 Guest

This is a HOAX!!!

I went through the transcripts of Meet the Press going back to 2007. They are readily available to anyone who wishes to see them (2007 MTP transcripts, resources and video - Meet the Press - Resources - msnbc.com). There are no transcripts in which then-senator Obama made any statement even remotely resembling those purported to be his in this forwarded email. For the record, the guests on the show on the date in question were Sen. Joe Biden and author Tom Friedman.

Obama did make this statement on ABC News on Oct 4, 2007:

"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq War, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest. "Instead," he said, "I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testimony to my patriotism." (Obama Dropped Flag Pin in War Statement - ABC News)

The remarks about changing the National Anthem were actually written by satirist John Semmens in his Oct 27, 2007, column entitled, "Semi-News":

"Obama Explains National Anthem Stance"

"Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn’t follow protocol when the National Anthem is played."

"According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart."

“As I’ve said about the flag pin, I don’t want to be perceived as taking sides,” Obama said. “There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song ‘I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing.’ If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.”

I AM NO SUPPORTER OF OBAMA. Far from it. I didn't vote for him before, and I have every reason to vote against him this time around, too. But Obama has made enough real statements to get himself in trouble; we don't need to manufacture events or statements to accomplish that - especially events that are so readily verifiable as the one purported to have taken place in this email.

It's late in the game for the shock and awe of Obama-isms. Things are winding down in Iraq, we still have our firearms, there's still plenty of ammo to be purchased and or reloaded. If it's a legit quote, so be it, it doesn't matter. Elections are coming soon.

S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

What really makes snopes.com the Internet fact police? After all it is just another Internet website.

Quote Originally Posted by awkuby View Post
    What really makes snopes.com the Internet fact police? After all it is just another Internet website.
    ...that's been around for years, has been checked for accuracy by MSM, and has the resources to be able to check things out, and the reputation of actually fact-checking what they publish.

Other than that, yeah nothing special.

Do you ever actually read the Snopes links, or just roll our eyes when you see one? If you read them, you'll see that they link to their sources, so you can actually, you know, research things yourself.

Here's another link for you, but it too is "just another Internet website." FactCheck.org : Obama and the National Anthem
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by awkuby:237959
    The effort they put into looking into the details of a story to find the facts. This used to be called journalism but it is mostly extinct now.

Quote Originally Posted by awkuby View Post
    Yep, but by the benefit of obviously being around a little longer that someone who spreads an unsubstantiated rumor around for the simple sake of fear mongering... it can be treated as a tiny bit more credible, especially seeing as it actually cites multiple sources.

Whether or not the statement is true obamas actions are speaking what was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain:237953
    Some non truth is always spoken about President Obama! !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast