A VILE Display from Michelle Obama!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A VILE Display from Michelle Obama!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Exactly. The flag is a symbol, but it is not by itself the end-all-be-all. I, for one, have a problem with the pledge of allegiance. I don't like to pledge to the FLAG, I would rather pledge to the constitution, or, if you insist on more simply, to the republic itself. Not to the symbol of the republic. I mean, as a Christian, I don't pray to the cross, I pray to God. The cross is a good symbol - as the flag is a good symbol - but it's just a symbol.
    That would be consistant with the beliefs and practices of the Jevohvah's Witnesses, IIRC.

3. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That would be consistant with the beliefs and practices of the Jevohvah's Witnesses, IIRC.
    Now YOU, I'm not so sure about now....... :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Now YOU, I'm not so sure about now....... :-P
    OK...try this line of thought -- G50AE is really an intelligent human being. Either he is bored because his intelligence is not challenged enough or he tries to sit in the middle road while annoying everyone with his trolling. If you really read into his post (or trolling,) whichever way you see it, you will find that he has logic in some of his nearly 4,000 one-liner posts. When it is really needed, he spews out (is this even a gentle phrase?) from this keyboard (mind) some real world response. Most bored intelligent men (and women) are similar -- they try to show going off-tangent because they are not challenged enough. He's harmless...<g>
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Don't read lips, did not have to when Michelle said, for the first time in her life she was proud of America. Me I have been proud of America all my life. Having lost over 200 pounds myself, when she thinks we should eat more peas, I will, when she knocks 20lbs off her fat butt.

Our flag is, in reality, nothing more than a multi-colored piece of cloth. It has very little value as cloth but it is priceless for what it represents. I have no problem pledging allegiance to it because many men have fought and died under that flag and given some of us the opportunity to disrespect it as well as honor it. I spent most of my adult life serving under that flag and will honor it until the day I die. When I die, there will be one on my casket. We, as a nation, seem to have lost our pride and all the things the flag stands for. Being old, it sickens me to see what we have become and the loss of patriotism. I remember seeing troops coming home from WWII marching behind the flag and everyone beamed with pride. There used to be a time that if you disrespected our flag you were in a heap of trouble. Unfortunately, no more. And now, Michelle Obama stands up there and says, "All this for a damned flag?" Yeah lady, all of that for OUR flag. Sorry about yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    G50AE is really an intelligent human being.
    Truely one of the greatest talents is to recognize talent in others, obviously you have obtained this Tucker's Mom.

When I was in middle school I had a real world introduction to how the Jehovah's Witnesses practice their system of beliefs. A kid refused to stand up durring the daily recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance. The teacher asked him if he was doing so to disrupt the class room or for other reasons. The kid stated that it was against his religious beliefs to stand and recite the pledge of allegiance. The teacher said he would let it go, but would like a note from his parents explaining this practice. Kid brought in a note the next day and it was left at that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12