A VILE Display from Michelle Obama!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A VILE Display from Michelle Obama!!!

A VILE Display from Michelle Obama!!!

I received this email forward this morning contemplating whether I will copy it to this group or not because actually, I like some of the Democrats here...so tonight, no offense meant, here is the link:

Okay…I’ve HAD it….REALLY had it with Michelle Obama.
    thenationalpatriot.com » Blog Archive » A VILE Display from Michelle Obama!!!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I don't doubt that she said "They do all this for a flag?" but I can't agree with the projecting that Mr. Andresen seems to be doing. I get that a lot of people don't like the Obamas. In cases like that, you'll see their actions in the worst possible light. I am neutral toward them as people, and I agree with the commenter on the blog page.

Have you never shaken your head slightly in amazement? In a gesture of "I can't believe this?" I think that's all this was.

It's interesting to see how Republicans are behaving toward Obama. Almost feels like I've flashed back to Democrats talking about Bush.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

As in most things, you see what you want to see and read into it what you already believe. Pitiable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see how she could possibly have said "all this for a damn flag" with the lip movements there.

The part that is being claimed to be "all this" appears to have at least 3 lip positions instead of the 2 that "all this" would produce.

Meanwhile "for a damn flag" lacks the position or pause and breathe intake for the "a" and has only 3 lip positions rather than 4.

I also see "fold the/that flag" as the last 3 words. The first part could be almost any 3-5 syllable combo with no ms, bs or ps, since her head is obscured by a flag pole.

Having a lip reader watch the video a few times makes me wonder why people simply believe what they are told to believe. I guess the "hatred" evident in the blog is what really bothers me. Must be dificult to function with all that hate inside. Interesting that Fox News was involvedd. I wonder how many who post here belong to the NRA and the ACLU? I contribute to both. It is IMPOSSIBLE to determine what the woman was saying. Sad what is happening in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyb View Post
    I wonder how many who post here belong to the NRA and the ACLU? I contribute to both.
    You might check out the Pinkpistols too.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You might check out the Pinkpistols too.
    I really do not understand the "hatred." I am not interested in joining your favorite group, but I would die to give you the right to belong to them. That is the difference between you and I. I had to Google Pinkpistols to even find the gay nonsense. How old are you, 12? You would not be making childish remarks if you were standing in front of me. I am not impressed by keyboard tough guys. It is really sad what is happening in my country.

I agree...it is sad what is happening to this country. It is not because of this video that I am not voting for her husband, a lot more than this. I can read sign language but not too good at lip reading. It took me a while to share this forwarded email to this group because I wanted all (or some of you) to really watch the video, see if she said what she said because I can't. I am not good at lip reading as I had already said. Maybe others have more luck than me. Maybe that is what she really said, maybe not. We were not there.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by wallyb View Post
    I really do not understand the "hatred." I am not interested in joining your favorite group, but I would die to give you the right to belong to them. That is the difference between you and I. I had to Google Pinkpistols to even find the gay nonsense. How old are you, 12? You would not be making childish remarks if you were standing in front of me. I am not impressed by keyboard tough guys. It is really sad what is happening in my country.
    G isn't being hateful. He supports the Pinkpistols, as does our member Big Gay Al, who I believe was the founder.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    G isn't being hateful. He supports the Pinkpistols, as does our member Big Gay Al, who I believe was the founder.
    Douglas Krick was the founder of Pink Pistols, IIRC. Big Gay Al is the leader of a chapter in Michigan. The State of Texas holds the current record of having the most Pinkpistols chapters in one state.

Currently South Carolina does not have a chapter.

11. Lip reading is a tricky art. It's too easy to be convinced that lip movements are one set of words when they're really not. And she *ALWAYS* has that "slightly annoyed" look.

I'm not saying it ISN'T what is claimed, but it's not a cut-and-dry case of being what is claimed, either.

And I like what one commenter to the linked story says:
    1. According to the video link you provide, Michelle Obama said “They do all this for a flag?” So you’re purposefully misquoting her to make her comment seem worse.

2. Having watched the video, I see no disgust or contempt apparent in either Obama’s expression. You’re projecting.

3. I’m an Eagle Scout, I enlisted in the US Air Force, I have spent the last 18 years of my career supporting the armed forces as a civilian contractor; nobody better question my loyalty to America. But there’s no getting around the simple fact that a flag is a symbol. It’s a piece of cloth. People don’t risk their lives and die to defend a piece of cloth. They do it for the country that symbol represents, for the ideas it represents. People who can’t distinguish between a symbol and the ideas it stands for should re-examine their own thoughts on duty, loyalty, and country.
    Exactly. The flag is a symbol, but it is not by itself the end-all-be-all. I, for one, have a problem with the pledge of allegiance. I don't like to pledge to the FLAG, I would rather pledge to the constitution, or, if you insist on more simply, to the republic itself. Not to the symbol of the republic. I mean, as a Christian, I don't pray to the cross, I pray to God. The cross is a good symbol - as the flag is a good symbol - but it's just a symbol.

(And, yes, my Boy Scout and military training has conditioned me to always come to attention and salute (hand over heart,) remove hat, etc, when the flag is going up or down, during the national anthem (which always brings tears to my eye,) the pledge, etc.)

(Don't worry, Tucker's Mom, I still like you. :-D)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast