shut down the DEA! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: shut down the DEA!

Lets throw another twisty into the mix, if they got rid of all gun laws, will everyone go buy a gun and start shooting each other since it's no longer against the law? If marijuana is legalized, will everyone buy a joint and get high?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:239429
    Lets throw another twisty into the mix, if they got rid of all gun laws, will everyone go buy a gun and start shooting each other since it's no longer against the law? If marijuana is legalized, will everyone buy a joint and get high?
    Will every one but a joint...no I won't. And I hope that I can pass down to my children that there are no benefits to pot. I am not a believer of using substances to step out of your problems.

I think currently the pot laws on the books are abused, did you read what I said about more pot shops than Starbucks in Denver?

I will say that I firmly believe in the rule of law. If you believe a law is wrong, do everything you can to change it, until then live by it. The laws in Oregon allow pot so now you're task is to get federal laws changed, in the mean time live with it. Just know I will be on the other side trying to keep laws oriented as I think.

I am glad that this thread has been clarified as " l want my pot and I want it now" and as someone else stated if a pot head would like the country to fall so they can smoke their dope, some of us will pitch in to get you a one way ticket to another country.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Ha, good thought. I'm sure not ALL of us would run out and get a bag, a bong and some rolling paper!

About the guns and shooting, if all gun laws were erased, well, I'd think the crap-heads would be the first to shoot each other along with the drug infested, gang type thugs. Or, they'd eventually be shot and killed by those who arm themselves (and train) for self defense. Ya know, that might be just the best way to clean up the streets!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

5. Do you read anything other than yourself warbird? I want my pot and I want it now? For the 3rd time you old bag I DO NOT SMOKE POT! It seems you obviously don't need to smoke dope to have memory loss problems! And again, if only I could speak slower so you could understand, IT'S LEGAL IN OREGON BUT THE DEA IS ABUSING FEDERAL LAW! IT IS WRONG AND GOES AGAINST OUR RIGHTS!

I don't care whether or not you like it or want your kids to smoke it, I don't even smoke it. It's about our laws being infringed upon. Let me put it this way, maybe you'll understand. Federal laws change and make firearms illegal, however the state you live in says its ok to own a firearm if you have a permit. Now the feds come in and raid all the gun stores and come to your house and take the guns you paid for. How does that make you feel?

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Ha, good thought. I'm sure not ALL of us would run out and get a bag, a bong and some rolling paper!

About the guns and shooting, if all gun laws were erased, well, I'd think the crap-heads would be the first to shoot each other along with the drug infested, gang type thugs. Or, they'd eventually be shot and killed by those who arm themselves (and train) for self defense. Ya know, that might be just the best way to clean up the streets!
    If laws were erased, or not changed at all...I believe crap-heads and drug infested gangs are all ready the first ones to get shot or shoot each other.

Wow... seems people really are missing the OP point... I like how some feel the need to talk trash about people they don't know or maybe they are closet dopers themselves and don't understand the point... Either way I might as well say it one more time ITS NOT ABOUT POT!!!! At least not directly .... Another example of government doing as they please....

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Will every one but a joint...no I won't. And I hope that I can pass down to my children that there are no benefits to pot. I am not a believer of using substances to step out of your problems.

I think currently the pot laws on the books are abused, did you read what I said about more pot shops than Starbucks in Denver?

I will say that I firmly believe in the rule of law. If you believe a law is wrong, do everything you can to change it, until then live by it. The laws in Oregon allow pot so now you're task is to get federal laws changed, in the mean time live with it. Just know I will be on the other side trying to keep laws oriented as I think.

I am glad that this thread has been clarified as " l want my pot and I want it now" and as someone else stated if a pot head would like the country to fall so they can smoke their dope, some of us will pitch in to get you a one way ticket to another country.
    That's right. If it was legalized life would go on as usual. There won't be a green cloud everywhere you go. There won't be stoners at every corner. Your kids will still be taught the same. Alcoholics will still be killing more people than all the hardcore drugs combined, but alcohol will still be legal. Cigarettes will still be giving more people cancer every single day than heroin addicts will overdose in a year, but cigs will be legal. By law, Oregon has said it's ok for people to grow a limited amount of marijuana for medicinal purposes. Federal law says you can't. Which law are you going to side with? Both are rules of law.

As far as stepping outside of your problems. I hope you never have to be with someone dealing with end stage cancer, or any other horrifically painful diseases. I wouldn't want them to have to live through so much pain because it's "stepping out of their problems."

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Do you want to lock up alcoholics and nicotine addicts too? What about people addicted to Nyquil? Sex addicts? What about people addicted to Trans fats, sugar, caffeine, coffee? We should make them illegal so it's a crime to ingest or watch those addictions, so we can lock them up?

From experience, how often do I go on marijuana calls? I haven't. Marijuana is not as bad as the media portrays it. Just like guns, pitbulls, dobermans, global warming, etc. marijuana even has a small spectrum of medicinal use...can't say that about alcohol or cigarettes. (there is one type of poisoning that used to be treated with alcohol, science had moved on though).
    Alcohol and nicotine are legal. The drugs I'm referring to are highly addictve, very bad, dangerous substances that need to be illegal as they destroy families, burden our courts, jails and social services. I don't care about marijuana as it's not as harmful as alcohol. I believe in decriminalizing it.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    IT'S LEGAL IN OREGON BUT THE DEA IS ABUSING FEDERAL LAW! IT IS WRONG AND GOES AGAINST OUR RIGHTS!
    just curious... what rights? I can't find anything that gives one the right to deal marijuana if there are fed laws against such. Constitutionally, the state can't supercede the fed law. Yes?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I'm an Oregon resident and just about every day for the past month there's some news about the DEA raiding another grow farm. There's been no proof brought forth about growing over their limits and all the farmers have come forward and said that they were well within their legal limits. The DEA doesn't need to prove any misconduct because its still illegal federally. All this is doing is wasting federal taxes. Why can they not just admit that they've failed this war on drugs simply because they've invested to much time chasing and illegalizing pot instead of opiates, Meth, coke, heroin and so on? Tax weed and worry about a real drug. I do not smoke pot but I'm so tired of this old school generation treating it like its some super drug. It helps pain patients and anxiety. It also helps appetite for the sick and is nowhere near as deadly or troublesome as booze! I see hillbillies with their "don't tread on me" tattoos and flags yet fail to remember what it all stood for! This country has become a joke and I pray for the day it all comes crashing down so we can rebuild it the way it was meant to be.
    While I agree the "war on Drugs" is a massive con game perpetuated by the government and consumes billions of tax payer dollars, I think your "This country has become a joke and I pray for the day it all comes crashing down so we can rebuild it the way it was meant to be" is a lot over the top.

Our Country is the only one that guarantees your God given rights as a citizen through the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Our Constitution also gives you the ability to work from within the system to make right what you think is broken. Tearing the whole house down because there are cracks in the windows makes no common sense. Repairing the windows does make sense.

I would suggest, if you put your anger against the system into political activism and got involved in the politics of your state you be able to correct some of the issues you complain about but from the inside. Nothing gets accomplished yelling into the wind. Look at the idiots in the Occupy Wall Street crowds. They don't have a clue and they're yelling into the wrong wind gust!

I'm one of the 'old school generation'(OSG) you're barking at. Just remember a couple of things. You wouldn't even bee here if it were not for the OSG (I'll assume you have a Mom and Dad!)And the freedoms that you enjoy right now came from the OSG.

Respect goes a long way to understanding. Just remember that message goes both ways. I happen to agree that the WOD is a massive waste of time. The same loss of life, liberty, resource, time and effort came about during the prohibition years. Read up on it and you might gain some insight to how to work to correct the government gone wrong.

The monitary argument always gets lost in the human argument. If the people that are so stead fast against the use of drugs would look back at history of the WOD, who enacted it, why it was enacted and the loss of tax money in the process, then run some numbers and estimate the amount of revenue that would have been generated over the time span of the WOD (don't forget to add the $$ spent fighting the WOD) the US would be about a trillion ahead right now. Just think of all the social programs those buck could serve!

Unintended consequences are a B1tch!
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast