shut down the DEA! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: shut down the DEA!

Quote Originally Posted by WB9IIE View Post
    Please feel free to get the HELL OUT OF THE USA with your sick attitude. And to think that I defended your right to be an ass!
    You do realize he has as much right to express his Constitutional right to free speech as you do? He is entitled to his opinion.

Thank you for your service to our country but you weren't defending his right to be an ass, you were defending the Constitution of the United State, and it is that document that gives him the right to be an a$$.

Who was it that said "While I don't agree with what you are saying, I will defend to the death your right to say it."?

And if you've forgotten what it was that you were fighting for, sit a remember. If your attitude has soured that much that you would eject someone from the US because he exercised his 1A rights, maybe it is you who should seek a new nation to call home.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

3. Id rather smoke a joint and watch funny movies killing brain cells than drink beers in a dingy bar rotting my liver any day. (Shaddup, im law abiding and don't smoke so don't waste your fingers lecturing chl and pot.)

What's the difference between the two products really? Both are intoxicants, both get you high, both can be abused. Arguing marijuana prohibition in a wet state is a hypocrites argument. What gives the federal government the right to legislate whether or not someone can burn one for medicine or pleasure in the privacy of their own domicile. Its nobodies business but your own. Nuff said!

I thought this was supposed to be the land of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Interesting how stoners view the world!

-Doc
    Ummm... he said he doesn't smoke pot. Therefore in your book he is a stoner?

Oh wait. I'm sorry! I miss understood. You were referring to the fact that he has an AR and since Gene Stoner was the father of the AR then whoever owns an AR is a Stoner! Excellent! I'm a Stoner!

Oh! That's not it? You're just an ignorant name caller? Oh. Sorry. Now I'm an ignorant name caller. I'm a baaad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Lets throw another twisty into the mix, if they got rid of all gun laws, will everyone go buy a gun and start shooting each other since it's no longer against the law? If marijuana is legalized, will everyone buy a joint and get high?
    Too true. Most here seem to forget that Scotch on the rocks with a twist or that bottle of Bud in their hand was also deemed illegal by the very same government that has deemed MJ illegal. Go figure.

You know... if it was to become legal I would try it. I tried Ouzo, so why not marijuana? Lord knows marijuana can't be as bad as Ouzo!

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    I know what's missing from your post. Education!

KK
    So why don't you share some of your enlightenment on the subject of the DEA, infringement of private property rights and the medical comparisons between marijuana and alcohol consumption instead of being an insulting dimwit?

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Then you're not speaking from experience. Should we just make crack, meth, opiates and heroin legal? Shall we give tweekers free dental care for "meth mouth?" Drugs are the single largest burden on our social services in America. Large numbers of tweekers, crackheads, heroin addicts and pill-poppers become so addicted that they resort to crime to support their habit. And since drug adiction is an accepted disability they qualify for Medicaid, welfare and SS benefits. Sorry... I'm locking them up.
    I am being argumentative. What you say has merit regarding the cost to society. But what about legalizing and treatment? The same argument you bring to the discussion were the talking point of the prohibition era and it wasn't until the government realized the folly of NOT controlling and profiting from the manufacture and distribution of alcohol did prohibition come t a close. I thing the same can be said of the current illegal drug trade.

If the US were to legalize what is now illicit the drug cartels would collapse overnight, the monies in enforcement could be shifted to treatment and research and the taxation of the sale would go to the feds and states. It would be a win win all the way around. The problem is the US government has so much invested in enforcement and prevention that the change can't come without loosing face and admitting that the effort has been a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I've smoked pot, which is the topic here. I strongly believe in locking up all Meth/coke/heroin ect users also, but notice you didn't mention weed? If the DEA stopped wasting resources on grow farms and LEGAL ones at that then the topic wouldn't have been shut down the DEA. Doesnt it bother you even a little bit that they are going against Oregon law and waving their federal flag on everyone's face for NO reason? Doesn't that seem like a waste of time, money and resources? These farms being busted up are LEGAL here! So put away your I hate pot head antics for just 1 second here and try and understand. If we as a state decide to legalize pot for medicinal use and allow grow houses for people that can't grow and dispense themselves, then the DEA needs to abide by those rules and move on to the Meth labs. Now understand I'm not talking about the 10 million dollar grow ops in the mountains. In Oregon people are allowed X amount of pot and plants. They can then give their cards to a caretaker to grow. All these caretakers have been LEGAL. Do you get where I'm going with this now? Do I believe that all these medical pot users actually need it? Nope! But if booze is legal, so should pot. I'm tired of being told what's right and what's wrong by some crusty old bags who have no life experience and pick and choose their own morals. Freedom, we all preach it, now try and respect it
    Dude! You really need to get your story straight and stick to it. In the OP you said you did NOT smoke pot. Now you say you do? Which is? And don't tell me you're having a John Kerry moment either!

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Alcohol and nicotine are legal. The drugs I'm referring to are highly addictve, very bad, dangerous substances that need to be illegal as they destroy families, burden our courts, jails and social services. I don't care about marijuana as it's not as harmful as alcohol. I believe in decriminalizing it.
    And yet people die from alcohol use daily. Look up Amy Winehouse as an example. Drunk drivers destroy families every day. The news papers are full of the weekly death count from drunk driving crashes and Lord knows we've all seen our favorite one on Cops!

I agree on decriminalization and tax the snot out of it like tobacco products.

10. Thank you for the support, I'm not very good at trying to make a point after the smack talking starts ha! The forums always throw me off balance when the people who argue just to argue add in their 2 cents, I start scratching my head. The whole point of this thread is protecting our rights and freedoms and I thought a bunch of avid gun fanatics would understand. It's not about the pot, its about being told they could do something and then the feds come in and say hey we are gonna bust you for no good reason. Just because federal law says different doesn't make it right, the state simply revised the olden ways. Trust me I'm not even really pro pot but I know the effects it has on the country simply being illegal and not only would crime reduce if we stopped pushing it underground but it would free up tons of resources for other more important things

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:239469
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Do you want to lock up alcoholics and nicotine addicts too? What about people addicted to Nyquil? Sex addicts? What about people addicted to Trans fats, sugar, caffeine, coffee? We should make them illegal so it's a crime to ingest or watch those addictions, so we can lock them up?

From experience, how often do I go on marijuana calls? I haven't. Marijuana is not as bad as the media portrays it. Just like guns, pitbulls, dobermans, global warming, etc. marijuana even has a small spectrum of medicinal use...can't say that about alcohol or cigarettes. (there is one type of poisoning that used to be treated with alcohol, science had moved on though).
    Alcohol and nicotine are legal. The drugs I'm referring to are highly addictve, very bad, dangerous substances that need to be illegal as they destroy families, burden our courts, jails and social services. I don't care about marijuana as it's not as harmful as alcohol. I believe in decriminalizing it.
    Sorry i guess I misread your post since it was under the thread of marijuana, i assumed you were including marijuana in your post. Since you didn't include MJ in your list of opiates, meth, and other harder drugs, I misunderstood your position. BTW alcohol and nicotine are highly addictive, and ask any family who has had a member killed by a drunk driver or lung cancer if those two drugs break apart families. Marijuana is still no good for recreation, but its better than alcohol and cigs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast