shut down the DEA! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: shut down the DEA!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Sorry i guess I misread your post since it was under the thread of marijuana, i assumed you were including marijuana in your post. Since you didn't include MJ in your list of opiates, meth, and other harder drugs, I misunderstood your position. BTW alcohol and nicotine are highly addictive, and ask any family who has had a member killed by a drunk driver or lung cancer if those two drugs break apart families. Marijuana is still no good for recreation, but its better than alcohol and cigs.
    Chen, studies have proven the mj is ten times worst then cigs. But then again I dont agree that he government should be involved if it does hurt anyone.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

War on poverty
    War on drugs
    War on terrorism

Any one else see a pattern of fail here?

Marvin Gaye "Whats Going On" (1971) - YouTube

4. I smoked pot in my teenage years. Hardly john Kerry haha. I understand peoples arguments about the side effects of it but its still a choice that shouldn't be taken away. The negatives of booze far outweigh those of pot but I'd never join a movement to ban it, its a choice and not mine to tell people what to do with it. I don't expect it to be legal in every state, just like with gun laws and dry counties, however from California to Seattle nobody cares! So why waste time and resources is the whole argument here. God I'm thinking the people is the reason America has turned to crap. Arguing just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I smoked pot in my teenage years. Hardly john Kerry haha. I understand peoples arguments about the side effects of it but its still a choice that shouldn't be taken away. The negatives of booze far outweigh those of pot but I'd never join a movement to ban it, its a choice and not mine to tell people what to do with it. I don't expect it to be legal in every state, just like with gun laws and dry counties, however from California to Seattle nobody cares! So why waste time and resources is the whole argument here. God I'm thinking the people is the reason America has turned to crap. Arguing just for the fun of it.
    in my book there is a fine line between anarchy (no government control) and civil freedom. With out some sort of moderator this great Nation of our would truly go down the tubes.

I have to agree that it is people that are drive us in the wrong direction on a lot of fronts but America is far from turning to crap. There is no other country in the world that affords it citizens the guaranteed freedoms that we have. Our forefathers somehow knew that these days would come and the guidelines they set forth are what's keeping us free. As long as we keep the people we chose to represent us in line and doing the will of the majority we will stay in good shape.

Yes your vote does make a difference. Let's put it this way. If you vote, you can counter act one of your nemesis's out here in blog-o-world!

I enjoy a good argument. They keep you sharp and they bring differing opinions to the table. Seeing the issue from your opponents eye is a good a good way to understand their thinking. Controversy never killed anyone!
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Funny, God seems to be smiling on me.
    How do you know? Did you see his face? What does he/she look like? What fortuitous blessings have been bestowed upon you that you attribute to a supreme being favoring you over millions of poor wretched malnourished masses in countries like Ethiopia or Zimbabwe?
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Chen, studies have proven the mj is ten times worst then cigs. But then again I dont agree that he government should be involved if it does hurt anyone.
    Please provide these studies. The only studies I have come across have shown a synergistic effect of people who smoked cigarettes and pot (They are 10x more likely to get lung cancer if they smoke both). Marijuana alone is no worse than cigarettes (and if you want to go by death count, not even close to as deadly as cigarettes). They are both not good for the healthy individual, but cigarettes are not good for an unhealthy individual where marijuana has its use. I am a healthy individual, I do not agree with marijuana for me, I do not agree with cigarettes or alcohol for me. I am also a medical professional, and I know marijuana is getting abused, just like a lot of prescribed medications, but marijuana is helping a lot of people going through hell. The OP is correct in saying the DEA is wasting a lot of money and time on chasing legal marijuana growers (legal in Oregon) and not going after the harder drugs.

If you have that study proving that different, I am all for reading it. The day you stop learning is the day you start dying.

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    How do you know? Did you see his face? What does he/she look like? What fortuitous blessings have been bestowed upon you that you attribute to a supreme being favoring you over millions of poor wretched malnourished masses in countries like Ethiopia or Zimbabwe?
    Yeah, I too would like to know how he or she knows that. Maybe he or she got a pair of super-secret mystical sunglasses with his or her latest purchace from K&D Holsters that allow him or her to see god.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:239457

As far as stepping outside of your problems. I hope you never have to be with someone dealing with end stage cancer, or any other horrifically painful diseases. I wouldn't want them to have to live through so much pain because it's "stepping out of their problems."
    I haven't stayed on top of this thread but I will answer this for firefighterchen.

I watched my 11 year old nephew die after suffering from a brain tumor that was to have killed him in less than a year. He lasted 6. I watched him re-learn to walk twice. He went through incredible pain. INCREDIBLE.

Chen....he was a man. Not these piece of trash punks that come out of the woodwork when you legalize dope. DO NOT USE THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY SUFFER AS AN EXCUSE ! Because that is what it is. Like I said.. Either people that suffer flock to the states that make it legal or people use it as an excuse to get high to "step out of their problems"

Now I am going to take a minute to calm down then go back to reading the other posts in the thread.

10. Even calling pot dope just shows me how close minded you are. Do you have ANY idea what doctors give out for pain? A 1 WAY TICKET TO A HEROIN ADDICTION! I'm sorry about your nephew but if you're as close minded as you sound perhaps a forum isn't the proper place for you. You lost a nephew? I can't count how many friends I've lost to opiate addiction. But hey you are right, especially since it sounds like you have so much personal experience with "dope". Just like the people in my town that drive 22 in a 40, you all need to move out of the way and let the youth take it from here. All these moral values and silly close minded beliefs you hold on to haven't gotten us very far, except a second term of G.W.B

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds:240170
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:239457

As far as stepping outside of your problems. I hope you never have to be with someone dealing with end stage cancer, or any other horrifically painful diseases. I wouldn't want them to have to live through so much pain because it's "stepping out of their problems."
    I haven't stayed on top of this thread but I will answer this for firefighterchen.

I watched my 11 year old nephew die after suffering from a brain tumor that was to have killed him in less than a year. He lasted 6. I watched him re-learn to walk twice. He went through incredible pain. INCREDIBLE.

Chen....he was a man. Not these piece of trash punks that come out of the woodwork when you legalize dope. DO NOT USE THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY SUFFER AS AN EXCUSE ! Because that is what it is. Like I said.. Either people that suffer flock to the states that make it legal or people use it as an excuse to get high to "step out of their problems"

Now I am going to take a minute to calm down then go back to reading the other posts in the thread.
    People that actually suffer is the reason marijuana was legalized in certain states. They are not an excuse, they are the patients that are benefiting from medicinal marijuana. When did I ever say sick people were an excuse for marijuana abusers to get their marijuana? Please, quote me, since you seem to have gotten so infuriated you missed the point of this whole thread completely.

Let me sum it up for you, the DEA needs to be shut down because they are wasting a tremendous amount of money and resources on legal marijuana growers.. Growers that have been ok'ed by their state to grow a plant that has a medicinal use for people like your nephew. The only people who think "punks coming out of the woodwork" are the ones posting like you. Will their be abuse? Yes...there is abuse now! Does that mean people who can benefit from it, should be punished by the DEA? Do you believe if there were no gun laws, punks would go out and immediately buy a gun and start shooting into the air? When alcohol was made legal again, did everyone go out and get drunk? No, that just doesn't happen.

I am sorry for your nephew, cancer and tumors are tragic. You know how many people I have helped get from home to chemo with end stage cancer? 6. I watched 6 people suffer through hell over a 3 year period. Don't preach to me, understand me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast