Can muslims be good Americans/Canadians? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can muslims be good Americans/Canadians?

In answer to the OP...... Yes, the Muzzies CAN be "good" Americans and Canadians (or any "Western Nation" for that matter), but if, and only if, they are willing to Mainstream and embrace Western Civilization as it is demonstrated/practiced in those Nations.

If they manage to make that "Leap of faith", then all will be well. If they do not, then they become just another splinter grouping of minority peoples who will NOT "meanstream" (although they are more than willing to accept the benefits afforded by our society) and are more trouble than they are worth, IMHO.

You are welcome if you mainstream... we do not need your medievil ideas of justice, patriarchal bully family scene and your absolute disdain for any Religion not your's. You came here for greater opportunities, did you not? Don't drag the trash of your past "society" along with you.

There is a reason why America has been a rather productive and prosperous Nation for a long time. It is the concept of equality and equal justice under the Law for ALL. The reverse is to observe why YOUR Nations are, in general, "failed".

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by ben_p View Post
    I know this is a troll and I'm falling for it, but I'm going to hope that not everyone who comes to this forum and reads this thread believes that anyone who's carrying a concealed weapon or believes in the 2nd amendment of the US Constitution is a right-wing extremest who cannot think for themselves.
    Yeah, The OP never misses a chance to bash religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    In the same way that some evangelical Christians can't be "good Americans", because they have to put their faith above their country.

Can *MOST* Muslims be good Americans? Absolutely! Just as most Christians can.
    Christianity and Islam are very similar religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    There is a reason why America has been a rather productive and prosperous Nation for a long time. It is the concept of equality and equal justice under the Law for ALL. The reverse is to observe why YOUR Nations are, in general, "failed".

GG
    The concept is called separation of church and state.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Christianity and Islam are very similar religions.
    G: As usual, you are all wet. Does Christianity call on all of its adherents to kill those who won't convert to it? Does Christianity call for the sexual mutilation of young girls? Does it call for "honor" killings of family members? Do Christians worship a living God or some huge black stone in the desert? G, you seem to have a distaste for Christianity but that is your choice. Before you go comparing religions, at least have the courtesy to make it a point to study them. You might be surprised at what you find. For once, quit using one-liners and come up with something relevant. You would be taken much more seriously if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:240039

The concept is called separation of church and state.
    Just my opinion but this statement seems to be the battle cry for the moral decay of America.

And I think that any individual can be a good American. It is when the group mentality kicks in that people start ofying to take control if other peoples decisions. Some groups do it from a moral or ethical standpoor, others from greed our for control or hostility.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Before you go comparing religions, at least have the courtesy to make it a point to study them. You might be surprised at what you find. For once, quit using one-liners and come up with something relevant.
    I have studied both religions and several others as well. Christianity and Islam are very much similar. The two religions are monotheistic and infact worship the same god, and not some stone or some single guy in Rome. The two religions use a lot of the same religious figures, Adam, Moses, Jesus of Nazzereth, the angel Gabriel, et cetera. Islam adds the addition prophet of Mohamed, much the same way that the Latter Day Saints Church adds Joseph Smith and the Angel Moroni. Muslims consider Christians to follow a more primative form of Islam, and thus should be treated with patience.

You yourself ought to study religion from a more balenced perspective. Skip over the Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps stuff.

Hubby and I have some muzzie friends...they are all good people obviously or they won't be able to join our group. On one occasion camping out in the desert of the Northern Territory (Australia), out of the blue our friend said "you know...we believe in the same God..." I believe he spoke from the heart.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Been a while since one of my neighbors (presumably all Christians) built a bonfire and burned a bull or something like that ... a lot of Christians don't take religion quite that literal anymore and I know from personal aquaintances that it's similar for younger Muslims.

So I think yes, they can be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast