Political correctness gone crazy? Check out Nebraska!

Thread: Political correctness gone crazy? Check out Nebraska!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries

Political correctness gone crazy? Check out Nebraska!

Link removed by author as those looking for the thread this thread refers to will find it. The PC types managing the forum at NFOA seem to be able to find it...

It just doesn't get any better!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    It just doesn't get any better!
    Does this mean I need to start drinking Old Milwaukee?

Blog Entries
    I never had an Ol' Mil. My dad drank Falstaff as one of their breweries was right here in Omaha. For me, the occasional Coors Light. If wanting to treat myself I'll get a 6 of Boston Lager (Sam Adams) or Irish Red. ...That 6 will last for weeks tho, not much of an alcoholic I'm afraid.

Oh wait, did the alcoholic remark offend someone in Nebraska?
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I've spent twenty minutes trying to find it. Please be more specific.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

If you got any problems with them, just get out of there. I did that with USCCA. I told my husband not to renew our membership. Anyway I am the only one who goes to the gun forums in this house. I belong to only one gun forum now...this one. I like the format, I like that we can all be free to say what we like...There are some annoying people too. It all comes with the mix. Just ignore them. It is not worth getting annoyed at something you can do something with. Remember you have a heart, don't ruin it...If you will notice, we love you here...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    If you got any problems with them, just get out of there. I did that with USCCA. I told my husband not to renew our membership. Anyway I am the only one who goes to the gun forums in this house. I belong to only one gun forum now...this one. I like the format, I like that we can all be free to say what we like...There are some annoying people too. It all comes with the mix. Just ignore them. It is not worth getting annoyed at something you can do something with. Remember you have a heart, don't ruin it...If you will notice, we love you here...
    Thank you Mom, good words of advice there. I did leave NFOA and have no plans to get back to their forum. It does sadden me the think a primary firearm group in my state has such PC underpinnings, and we cannot freely express ourselves. They have their standards that they have every right to enforce, I just wanted to call them on it as I do believe freedom from censorship is important. When I've typed something believed by some others here to be "over the top" I'm called to the mat on it, but face no retribution from lurking moderators. I like that.

I don't agree with everyone here, many think I'm nuts. hehe, just don't put nuts on my chocolate chip cookie that was promised (I own Glocks) but have yet to recieve, darn it! ;-)

TM, (may I refer to you as "TM"?) could you tell us what the USCCA did or did not do that makes you wanna not align with them? I'll look them over again and search this site to see if I can find what it is, if you don't wanna divulge.

The same reason as you stated -- they had became too PC...having lived in countries where you are limited in what you can say or read or write, I just do not feel comfortable with forums like so. Freedom should not be taken for granted. We have to fight for it to achieve it.

It is nice to read differences of opinions from my subscribed sites and at the least entertaining to read clashes in some way. In USCCA for example, there was this guy who loves to advertise the fact that he is a proponent of "Buy USA products" to help this country, OUR country. I believe he is here too but at the time I was there he was booted out. And the way the admin over there inundated my email with his junk, it is unbelievable!! Because I was a member there, 9 or 10 email a day is not fun when you have to delete most of them to get to the real meat of my Inbox. I used to belong to a few gun forums but the members there are also members so the repeats are just getting boring. Here even if there are repeats, some people can make light of them which is really amusing (think G50AE :))) ). I don't have much time to go to many forums as I too have a life. No matter what I do for added bread in my bank account, I still have hubby to spoil and dog and cat to take care of. I only have so much time in a day so I have to be selective. Since I am already here, if I can afford to be a member of USCCA, I'd rather direct my money to good cause -- this one. We all have a choice. I have made mine. Be selective. Best of all -- BE AMERICAN. But then, this is just me.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS