Michael Moore at Occupy Denver - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore at Occupy Denver

Michael Moore is no better than the contents of a colostomy bag

Quote Originally Posted by slhaynes View Post
    Sounds about normal for these folks. However, you made a couple of mistakes. One, you watched the show; second, you listened to Michael Moore. All of you should know better than to make these kind of mistakes!
    How will anyone know what is going on, and, especially, what the other side is saying and doing if we don't occasionally watch the dumbass shows?
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I heard Michael Moore on the Rachel Maddow Show today say that he told the crowd at Occupy Denver that if they see anyone committing violence that they should assume that those committing such violence are either undercover cops or Homeland Security people. Maddow added that those in charge are always inciting violence to justify counter actions. Yeh, right.
    Rachel's tie is a little too tight.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I don't call her Rachael "Madcow" for nothin'!

I have had the displeasure to see her show once in a while...... SOME of her utterances!!!!!! ... and they have the audacity to call the "Tea Party" spokesmen inflamatory and radical? How utterly one sided and narrow minded!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

A lot of people swallowed the lie that college could get your further in life, myself included. And a lot of people are drowning in debt, myself included. But that doesn't make us bad people, or stupid people, it makes us people who have found ourselves in bad circumstances.

Do I want my debts cancelled? No, but I would like some equality in the financial and government sectors. I would like the rules that apply to some to apply to all. For example, even if I have to declare bankruptcy, a very real possibility, my student loans cannot be included as part of that. How is it that a mortgage, a car payment, credit card debt that in most people's cases was used for nothing more than frivolous luxury items, can all be included as part of a bankruptcy discharge, but NOT student loans? Everything BUT student loans. That hardly seems right.

Now, granted, I got myself into this pickle, and I'll get myself out. And I'm not standing with the Occupiers. But I think if you'd take a closer look, many of their ideas mesh with yours.

Why not try to find some common ground and discuss thing rationally, instead of name-calling (not you, Gunny) and utterly destroying any possibility we have to make this nation fiscally strong?

Partisanship causes problems. Compromise solves them.

I am glad you are not with the "occupy" people. Yesterday I was sent an email with a photo of a guy defecating on the American flag. People who were in the picture with him were smiling, some do not care. Now that really got me mad!!! You wouldn't want to be even seen nor heard to be "with" them.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Check out how college educated people do, compared to non college educated. Then tell me it is a lie. And please don't point to steve jobs as your example. I am talking in general. Even with today's economy, college educated people have it much better. How would everyone like 4.4% unemployment today?
    How do people "find themselves" in bad circumstances anyway? Is that anything like "I found myself pregnant"? That one seems to happen a lot nowadays also.
    I too have been in debt. I did not find myself there. I struggled after college. I paid myself out of debt and never went back. Damn, it was a *****, too. Many hours of extra work.
    How can anyone find common ground with the greediest people in America? Name me one thing, just one, that the occupy movement has said they will contribute in exchange for anything? All they do is demand. (besides the violence and physical damage committed by people you want to find "common ground" with.
    Regarding your pending bankruptcy, be grateful that anything can be included. And realize that any discharged debt is still paid for in the end. Maybe not by you. But it is still paid for. Guess who pays?

Table A-4. Employment status of the civilian population 25 years and over by educational attainment

There are only a few things necessary to make the country fiscally sound. Letting anyone off of their debt is not one.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Check out how college educated people do, compared to non college educated. Then tell me it is a lie. And please don't point to steve jobs as your example. I am talking in general. Even with today's economy, college educated people have it much better. How would everyone like 4.4% unemployment today?
    How do people "find themselves" in bad circumstances anyway? Is that anything like "I found myself pregnant"? That one seems to happen a lot nowadays also.
    I too have been in debt. I did not find myself there. I struggled after college. I paid myself out of debt and never went back. Damn, it was a *****, too. Many hours of extra work.
    How can anyone find common ground with the greediest people in America? Name me one thing, just one, that the occupy movement has said they will contribute in exchange for anything? All they do is demand. (besides the violence and physical damage committed by people you want to find "common ground" with.
    Regarding your pending bankruptcy, be grateful that anything can be included. And realize that any discharged debt is still paid for in the end. Maybe not by you. But it is still paid for. Guess who pays?

Table A-4. Employment status of the civilian population 25 years and over by educational attainment

There are only a few things necessary to make the country fiscally sound. Letting anyone off of their debt is not one.
    As I said, I'm not asking for my debt to be forgiven. And bankruptcy is not pending. It's just looming. It was an example to show how the government, and Wall Street, make rules for others to follow, then don't follow them themselves.

But we're all in this together, you, me, the people on Wall Street. Of course we have things in common. But the more we fight and alienate ourselves from other people, the worse off we'll be.

I realize that finding a cause, and finding people who believe the same way you do, makes people feel empowered and special and safe. But it's a terrible way to get anything accomplished. And that means both dedicated right and left wingers.

Wall Street making laws for others to follow is a little short sided, in my opinion. The government makes the rules for Wall Street to operate under. It's up to Wall Street to find a way to make a profit and pay it's investors all while following the laws Wahington kicks out. I get real tired of people, mostly non productive people, running around complaining that businesses operate to make a profit. No kidding. Please tell me who invests money in a buiness that doesn't expect to make money on their investment. Do you really think that Micheal Moore makes a movie expecting not to make money on it? That's not going to happen, and it shouldn't. Micheal Moore makes investments like anyone else that has some extra money to invest. I will guarantee that he doesn't expect to loose on his investments.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

The emphasis for the past few years is for everyone to go to college. Most, in order to do that, get student loans, knowing in advance that they have to be repaid but, afterwards want those loans forgiven. What if we did that with credit cards? Run up a large bill and then complain about having to pay it? Or obtain a large mortgage knowing damn well we can't afford it There are a couple of fallacies here, first, I don't believe everyone should go to college with the expectation of getting an executive job upon graduation. Some would be better served by going to a technical or trade school. For each industry, there has to be indians (blue collar workers). Not everybody can be a chief otherwise who would do the work? Technical schools could be a better route to go. If you go to college and obtain a degree which is not marketable, you will have to find something else in order to live. Education is great but at least look out for your survival first. Second, we are perpetuating the welfare state and the people are demanding even more for themselves without having to work for it. This country can not stand under the weight of all the freebies people are demanding. At this rate we are doomed to failure in the not too distant future. Then what will all of these people do?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast