Michael Moore at Occupy Denver - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore at Occupy Denver

We all have a cause. Your very involvement in this board tells me you have a cause regarding guns, gun rights, and or gun education. But causes do not make me feel empowered. My particular cause (pushing personal responsibility) sickens me, because of the fact that I actually have to have a cause like this.

I am sure you are a nice girl. But we are not all "in this together" when it comes to our economic problems. I am not a part of your issues. That saying, and the beliefs behind it, are the root of much of the economic problems in America today. Even when I lost my first job and could not find another, and went into debt, I never would have said that. No one even knew.

Because of "we are all in this together" the government has spent trillions of dollars in spending, regulation, etc. all in the misguided attempt to control the free markets, and ensure people are safe from the consequences of their action. And all over the globe, we are seeing the results.

And I am VERY proud to have no common ground with the greediest people in America, the OWS movement.

All I can say, from my experience as a Bank Lending Officer, is that the number one and two categories of delinquent loans back then (late 80's) were credit cards and student loans, in that order.

Now. Why are student loans exempt from the "forgiveness" provisions of the bankruptcy laws? Huummmmmmm! Maybe it is to preclude folks like the "Occupiers" from declaring bankruptcy as the first order of business after Graduation Day? (THAT would be an "easy out" from self inflicted wounds, to be sure.)

What? Our "brightest and best" pulling an underhanded stunt like that and leaving the "bills" to someone else to pay? You bet your sweet bippy on that one, partner. Deceitful behavior, underhanded dealings and stiffing someone else is not just the SOP of the "lower classes"... it's the current modus operandi of virtually anyone and everyone these days.

It's what happens when "honor and morality" are sacrificed on the altar of Progressive "attitudes" and self centeredness. For going on three generations now, that is the way mainstream Americans were raised, in general.

I'm told that there used to be a "motto" hanging on the wall of one of the fallen giants of Wall Street. "Credit; One man's trust in another man's honor." I can plainly see where the current trend is to place THAT ideal on the scrap heap of passe' bits of wisdom.

Rather like much of what used to be the defining aspects of Americanism..... and what made us great.

We have dishonored our inheritance. We have dishonored our ancestors. We have dishonored our ideals. We have tacitly let it happen.... for years. We are reaping what we have sown.

I hope you youngsters have a good appitite for it. It is going to be force fed to you for much longer a time than I am going to have to put up with it, hence.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I want. Gimmie. (with hand out, expecting something that someone else earned)
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Like Baretta said back in the day "don't do the crime if you can't do the time". Don't gripe about having to pay back your loan if you take OUR money.

Quote Originally Posted by unclewayne17 View Post
    Like Baretta said back in the day "don't do the crime if you can't do the time". Don't gripe about having to pay back your loan if you take OUR money.
    OK, can I please have back the bailout money the government took from me? And the social security and Medicaid money the older generation took from me that I will never see? And the taxes that the county charged me for running the public school system, which I do not have children in? Also, since I was smart enough not to get knocked up at 16, can I also have the money that was taken from me to provide for welfare mothers?

Also, when a credit card company contracts with me to charge a certain percentage rate, and I agree to that, can you make it so they can't randomly increase my interest rate, just because they feel like it? We had a contract after all, and they're not upholding their end of the bargain. Oh, wait, that's right, because Wall Street, and the government, get to change the rules of the game.

Also, if you've ever collected unemployment, taken an EIC on your income taxes, or used food stamps, please send me a check for the amount of MY money you took from me without paying it back.

Yeah, I'll be paying back my loans, but will they be paying theirs back? I seriously doubt it.

7. Sounds like some of you are hear only to *****. I stand with the Marines who are occupying and the gun owners who are as well. I am not going to sit here and cry that no one else will stand up for my rights. I don't want the bail out that everyone else is getting cause they have enough money to lobby and I don't want to pay the A-hole who is trying to sell a crap car was built because he got the bail out and used the money to help exploit the people he got the loan from. I don't think you should dig at every one until you read the whole paragraph and wonder what it is like to be that person. Bring it on kids

8. Quote Originally Posted by TT33 View Post
    Sounds like some of you are hear only to *****. I stand with the Marines who are occupying and the gun owners who are as well. I am not going to sit here and cry that no one else will stand up for my rights. I don't want the bail out that everyone else is getting cause they have enough money to lobby and I don't want to pay the A-hole who is trying to sell a crap car was built because he got the bail out and used the money to help exploit the people he got the loan from. I don't think you should dig at every one until you read the whole paragraph and wonder what it is like to be that person. Bring it on kids
    What did you just say?? Please explain.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

From local girl:
    OK, can I please have back the bailout money the government took from me? And the social security and Medicaid money the older generation took from me that I will never see? And the taxes that the county charged me for running the public school system, which I do not have children in? Also, since I was smart enough not to get knocked up at 16, can I also have the money that was taken from me to provide for welfare mothers?

Also, when a credit card company contracts with me to charge a certain percentage rate, and I agree to that, can you make it so they can't randomly increase my interest rate, just because they feel like it? We had a contract after all, and they're not upholding their end of the bargain. Oh, wait, that's right, because Wall Street, and the government, get to change the rules of the game.

Also, if you've ever collected unemployment, taken an EIC on your income taxes, or used food stamps, please send me a check for the amount of MY money you took from me without paying it back.

Yeah, I'll be paying back my loans, but will they be paying theirs back? I seriously doubt it.

Unfortunately, what you state as sarcasm is actually touching on pretty good economic policy. I don't think the bailouts should have happened. Social security is a bust and should be privatized. Welfare, unemployment, these are debts and should not be forgiven, just like your student loans are not forgiven (really, as someone stated, the default rate is extremely high, always has been, on student loans). All public assistance should be paid back. Food stamps too. Do away with school lunches (really, is a person who has kids they cannot afford to feed any better than someone who intentionally starves their kid)?
    Most credit card companies contracts state they can change the rate at any time. You have a problem with this? Mine have been changed multiple times. I just pay in full. When I could not pay in full, in my struggling years, I had to deal with it. It is part of the struggle of life that government cannot fix for you.

The difference between you and those of us on the thread who disagree is simple. You see incorrect policy allowing bailout of banks, discharging credit card debt, etc, and you want some of that treatment.
    I see the same thing and want it stopped for those getting it.

I am the 53%. Look it up and see who we are.
    Last edited by buddy; 11-04-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote

10. I am with the Marines who are occupying wall street and the rest of the USA. Not the free lunch crowd. I heard you guys picking on Localgurl and not all you hear in the news is real. I am also on the edge of Bankruptcy but I pay my bill not leach off those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    From local girl:

Unfortunately, what you state as sarcasm is actually touching on pretty good economic policy. I don't think the bailouts should have happened. Social security is a bust and should be privatized. Welfare, unemployment, these are debts and should not be forgiven, just like your student loans are not forgiven (really, as someone stated, the default rate is extremely high, always has been, on student loans). All public assistance should be paid back. Food stamps too. Do away with school lunches (really, is a person who has kids they cannot afford to feed any better than someone who intentionally starves their kid)?
    Most credit card companies contracts state they can change the rate at any time. You have a problem with this? Mine have been changed multiple times. I just pay in full. When I could not pay in full, in my struggling years, I had to deal with it. It is part of the struggle of life that government cannot fix for you.

The difference between you and those of us on the thread who disagree is simple. You see incorrect policy allowing bailout of banks, discharging credit card debt, etc, and you want some of that treatment.
    I see the same thing and want it stopped for those getting it.

I am the 53%. Look it up and see who we are.
    That is NOT sarcasm. And if you would actually take the time to READ what I write, I have said MULTIPLE times, to the point it's starting to piss me off, I DON'T think student loans should be forgiven. I think that if there's going to be a policy it needs to be for EVERYONE. IF there's going to be bank bailouts, then yeah, give student loan bailouts. What I would like to see is NO bailouts. What I would like to see is capitalism working without people meddling with it. And what I would like to see is people realizing that some of the ideas of the OWS people are the same ideas I read here every single day: government is not working; government is corrupt; Wall Street and Pennsylvania Avenue are in bed together, and the people getting screwed are everyday Americans.

I'm not occupying anything, except the idea that maybe people could stop the arrogant ******** for a minute and just TALK to each other, without preconceived ideas. I do it every day on this forum. I listen to ideas that are different from my own, I pay them heed, I give them respect, and more often than not I learn something. All I ask in return is a modicum of that same respect.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast