Michael Moore at Occupy Denver - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Michael Moore at Occupy Denver

1. I looked it up and thank you. I am the person who has been paying from the time I was 13 and got a work permit.I have paid in every state I have worked never went to college but paid so you could. I have built homes so you could live in made the products you use and am now 43 and making only a few dollars above min wage so big bankers can count my money

Quote Originally Posted by TT33 View Post
    I am with the Marines who are occupying wall street and the rest of the USA. Not the free lunch crowd. I heard you guys picking on Localgurl and not all you hear in the news is real. I am also on the edge of Bankruptcy but I pay my bill not leach off those who do.
    TT33: You, and any others who think these "occupy" programs are anything more than a political ploy need to read Cloward & Privens Political Strategy for Economic Recovery and Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" to understand just what is happening. The goal is to overthrow capitalism by overwhelming the government bureaucracy with entitlement demands. This has been the Pied Pipers's plan all along by making our economy fail under the guise of giving everyone a guaranteed wage and eliminating poverty. Sounds good on the surface but when you get down to the nitty-gritty, we will lose our rear ends. The activists who are behind this movement are working to sabotage and destroy our welfare system; collapse of the welfare state and ignite a political and financial crisis that will destroy our system of government. It seems like people just don't understand what is happening. If our Congress were functioning properly and being led by a competent president, our economy would grow and we would be able to take care of ourselves. It is a proven fact that we can't spend our way out of our problems but the president will not stop. All the welfare programs being instituted now are putting the least or non-productive people over those who are trying to make their own living. If this continues to happen, tuck your head between your legs and kiss your rear end goodbye! The Great Depression will be a cake walk in comparison. But, that's just my opinion.

4. You might want to read extraordinary popular delusions and the Madness of crowds Charles Mckay

Quote Originally Posted by TT33 View Post
    You might want to read extraordinary popular delusions and the Madness of crowds Charles Mckay

Very good reference. I like this statement. Do you think it might apply here?

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."

6. Nice one

The brave man may fail sometimes, but the coward fails always.
    All great deeds are the result, not of Majority Votes,but of Individual activity.

Blog Entries
    I will agree with forgiveness of student loans.... for Doctors, Nurses, Engineers, Mathameticians, Physicists, Chemists, and those tech intensive trade schools such as electricians, Instrumentation Techs, desiel and auto mechanics. Once they have a usefull degree, then those who want to can go get a "liberal arts" degree, or Midevil Architecture, or underwater upside down basket weaving, whatever they want on their own dime.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

8. Now I am offended My degree is in Underwater basket weaving

What's not to like?

Michael Moore occupies enough underwear to house the 30 Chinese slave girls that manufactured it.

Official Occupy Wall Street supporters:

Communist Party of America

The American Nazi Party

Revolutionary Communist Party

Black Panthers

Louis Farrakhan Nation of Islam

CAIR

Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Khomemei

Hugo Chavez

Revolutionary Guards of Iran

The Government of North Korea

Communist Party of China

Hezbollah

Nancy Pelosi

Vice President Joe Biden

President Barack Obama

And many, many more...

Folks keep griping about the bail outs and do not even attempt to see WHY the bailout was the lesser of two evils. (Once again into the breach.....)

1) One of the biggest single assets a bank has is its deposits. That is everyone who has money in savings, CDs, checking, et al. At the time, these accounts were "insured" up to 100K each. (That's roughly ALL accounts in those banks.)

2) The insurer of these accounts is the FDIC (FEDERAL Deposit Insurance Corporation), who funds the insurance through assessed premiums from each and every bank who is FDIC insured. (Virtually ALL are, who wants to put their money in a bank where you won't get anything back if they fail? A legacy of the Great Depression.)

3) If you are FDIC insured, you have tacitly given permission for the Fed Gov't to "regulate" you, charge you what premiums they deem fit and proper AND pretty much tell you to whom and how to make loans.

4) The FDIC insurance "pay out" fund is generally adequate to cover the occasional bank that goes under, here and there. (Prior to the "meltdown" this worked fairly well.)

5) In the "meltdown" scenario, however, a great many rather LARGE banks were on the verge of going under. A situation in no way adequately prepared for by the FDIC "system". (... and wouldn't it be such an embarrassment for the Government to have to tell "the people" that their bank safety net wasn't as safe as the people were lead to beleive?)

6) The "free market" types, at the beginning of the crisis, correctly so, indicated that they should "go under", there were plenty of banks that would enlarge to take their place at their demise, it's the American way. If you might remember, the Congress voted it down the first time through the House. The current wisdom and free market ideals being as they were, it was a "righteous" decision.

7) Then came the number crunchers with the really BAD news. If, they noted, we let these big banks go under, all of them.... the FDIC is going to be on the hook for Billions in deposits that would have to be paid off. The fund is no way near large enough to take that "hit", thus it will be the taxpayers who would have to take the brunt of it. Ooooooops!

8) So here's the choice..... the Government has to come up with Billions in immediate FDIC payoff money... simply NOT in the budget, nor can it be borrowed that quickly (and I'm not going into a long discourse on how the debt is "managed"), nor are the depositors going to be willing to take IOUs for their deposits.

9) Answer: The Goverment took the unprecedented step of the "bail outs".... in the hopes that they might, should the banks survive, get that money back, incrementally, to be sure, but it's STILL better than having to pony out Billions in FDIC claims immediately. In short: There WAS no other logical course of action.

10) Simply, it was decided that putting taxpayer money into the banks to keep them solvent was a preferred use of money than to simply have to give it to the depositors with NO means by which to recoup that expenditure.

11) Thus it passed, by a rather large margin, the second time through.

12) Then we hear the whining about the bank execs who still got their performance bonuses and high salaries all the same. Straw Man arguement, anyone with even a smidgeon of contract law understanding realize that those salaries/bonuses must be paid. Rarely (although perhaps there should be) will you see a clause in these "contracts" for recoupment of money from the Exec if he screws things up. Generally he/she is just fired "for cause". In a legal sence, your gripes fall on deaf ears and have no basis.

While I too was dead set against the "bank bail outs" back then, I did my homework, dug into some facts and figures, looked at the alternatives available at the time..... and have come to the conclusion that all in all the decision to "bail them out" was the MUCH lesser of a number of evils that COULD have taken place.

That is how it MOST LIKLY went down. (You will never find the Government with a smoking gun admitting that was their thinking on the matter.)

That is my "take" on the matter. If you disagree with it.... tough. Your disagreements will fall into the same category as most of the silliness that emits from the mouths of the OWS'ers, absolutely NO clue!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234