Are you a Republican or Democrat? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Republican or Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by GregsSmiths View Post
    So what would you do xenaxdsc? Would you shoot first then ask questions or would you ask questions and then maybe shoot? I'm interested in your answer.
    Given the time constraints of the scenario, I suppose I would have to "question" myself as part of my after action report! LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

By the way: The "housing crisis" was NOT a recent development. The roots of the situation, as it turned out, goes all the way back to the Carter Administration.

This particularly driven by the necessity of lowering credit/lending standards as prescribed by various Government legislated "rules" and policies. (All in the name of "equality". TA DAH!)

I left the banking industry, where I was a lending officer, in disgust, in late 1989 because not only were the "standards" being tossed out the window, even the decision making by the loan officer was being hindered. When I would take a loan package up the chain of command with a negative recommendation, in my best analysis of the situation, I would, as often as not, be told that if WE don't make the loan another bank will, under the same urges and insistances of the Government.

Worse, I could read.... and note the upsurge in bankruptcies, delinquencies and general "walking away" from loans going bad... even way back then. It was becoming exponentially self feeding. Even when the Reps tried to change the bankruptcy laws to make it more difficult to go bankrupt, it only made a single year's dent in the chart of absolute bankruptcy numbers..... hardly noticable. Handwriting on the wall, writ LARGE!

I could smell what was going to eventually happen and didn't want to be part of it, even slightly.

That it took so long to come to a head surprised me. But, after seeing how the "interesting dodge" of passing off risky loans through mortgage backed securities and through "Credit Swaps" (i.e. loan portfolio insurance) AND through the reassurances of Freddie and Fannie AND our far seeing and fiscally brilliant Congress that "all was well", I can see where the inevitable "BURN!" was delayed, but only made matters more severe when it did come.

God I hate being right all the time! (LOL! Sarcasm intended!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

4. Of course I would shoot. Isn't this the specific scenario for which I armed myself? That's why it's such a depressing post.

So funny because its true, generally.

Quote Originally Posted by xenaxdsc View Post
    Of course I would shoot. Isn't this the specific scenario for which I armed myself? That's why it's such a depressing post.
    You must be the exception. I would be depressed also if I didn't hold the same views as my peers.

Take a leap, defect, vote the 'right' way next time:):):)

KK

well?, As I would have to answer supporting the republican answer, i dont trust any politician, and dont register as ether, when it comes to voting, personally, I would like to see someone with more of a business mind in office, rather than a politician

This is a stupid thread. You've generalized a entire group of people. I think both parties suck, but I know there are plenty off members of the democratic party that are gunners.

Dude, It was a joke with a little levity to go along with it.

You Liberals have no sense of humor:):):)

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Raider-3 View Post
    This is a stupid thread. You've generalized a entire group of people. I think both parties suck, but I know there are plenty off members of the democratic party that are gunners.
    Raider: To quote Foghorn Leghorn, "It's a joke son."

11. Quote Originally Posted by Raider-3 View Post
    Actually, he has generalized THREE groups of people. :-P

Not to mention, it fails to take into account Chicago Democrats, who wouldn't dare own a gun, or DC Democrats OR Republicans, neither of whom would have any training.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast