Are you a Republican or Democrat? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Republican or Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by xenaxdsc View Post
    I guess you believe there are no Democrats on this board. I guess out of 350 million Americans, all of the ones who register and vote Democrat don't own guns and would never consider protecting their families. Come on.

This kind of post always depresses me.
    One Democrat that I know of has a gun or two or three...his name is Ed Hurtley...ha!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Anyway, that is the basis of all of Lib philosophy: WE can "offend" with impunity, we can riot, name call, lie, cheat, manipulate the newsies and generally try to make our "case" through emotional response.

But just let anyone try to pull the same tactics on the Libs (even jokingly)..... all holy hell breaks out.

Make fun of their "Hero", their "Messiah", the great and powerful "OZ", and the indignity reaches astronomical levels. But they will condone "protests" that advocate and exhibit such "niceties" as "Kill the bankers!" and condones vandalism, forces "clashes" with Police and tolerate general counter culture behavior. (... and they conveniently forget all the rather nasty "Bush bashing" that went on for years, and still does, in retrospect.)

Americans have spent generations becoming the apex of Western Civilization.... those who have failed to keep up only try to bring it down to their level. Sad commentary on the US when prosperity stops being something one works for and becomes something to be demanded as a right.

What a bizarre chain of thought! (Neither the world nor the citizens of the US owe you a living.... you are expected to do that on your own. Bet your Mommies never told you that little aspect of maturity, did they?)

Too many sheltered, spoiled brats.... too few realistic, hard chargers. Too many pudding heads.... too few critical and analytical thinkers. Eventually one loses to the "Losers", by weight of sheer numbers rather than any cleverness on their part. Then we will all be "equal" at last, poor and ALL losers. Misery loves company, I guess.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

I would add from the original OP that the Southern wife would also state "And don't think for a minute your hanging the head in the den, ya already have too many!"

As for the rest of the posts; I'm a Libertarian with extreme conservative leanings. Neither of the "Established Parties" have the deep rooted moral base and views I do. BUT, it is the system that is currently in place and fed by my tax dollars. Disgusting as it may sound, WE ALL are part of this endless propaganda machine.
    Until EACH of you that believe change back to the US Constitution is what is required and are willing to prioritize this as your number one issue. Then the same machine will continue to steam roll over us all. Bend over and take it OR stand up and fight it. The choice is YOURS!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Democrat with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by xenaxdsc View Post
    Of course I would shoot. Isn't this the specific scenario for which I armed myself? That's why it's such a depressing post.
    You arm yourself to protect and defend your loved ones as well as yourself, yet you vote for the party that wants to take that right away from you. Isn't that alittle Rosie O's way of thinking?

6. Its a joke people! Calm down

7. Ron Paul Libetarian

I am a Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura Libertarian.

Wow! Really? Some of you took this post a little too seriously or were offended. It was purely meant as humor and didn't expect it to become a big debate here. I am more of a Libertarian but this country was founded as a Republic not a Democracy and I don't even know how that came to be but suspect it was created to divide the people instead of uniting---something the ruling class doesn't want

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    By the way: The "housing crisis" was NOT a recent development. The roots of the situation, as it turned out, goes all the way back to the Carter Administration.

This particularly driven by the necessity of lowering credit/lending standards as prescribed by various Government legislated "rules" and policies. (All in the name of "equality". TA DAH!)

I left the banking industry, where I was a lending officer, in disgust, in late 1989 because not only were the "standards" being tossed out the window, even the decision making by the loan officer was being hindered. When I would take a loan package up the chain of command with a negative recommendation, in my best analysis of the situation, I would, as often as not, be told that if WE don't make the loan another bank will, under the same urges and insistances of the Government.

Worse, I could read.... and note the upsurge in bankruptcies, delinquencies and general "walking away" from loans going bad... even way back then. It was becoming exponentially self feeding. Even when the Reps tried to change the bankruptcy laws to make it more difficult to go bankrupt, it only made a single year's dent in the chart of absolute bankruptcy numbers..... hardly noticable. Handwriting on the wall, writ LARGE!

I could smell what was going to eventually happen and didn't want to be part of it, even slightly.

That it took so long to come to a head surprised me. But, after seeing how the "interesting dodge" of passing off risky loans through mortgage backed securities and through "Credit Swaps" (i.e. loan portfolio insurance) AND through the reassurances of Freddie and Fannie AND our far seeing and fiscally brilliant Congress that "all was well", I can see where the inevitable "BURN!" was delayed, but only made matters more severe when it did come.

God I hate being right all the time! (LOL! Sarcasm intended!)

GG
    Dodd had his hands in it from the start. He was first elected to CONgress in 1974. Chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs starting in 2007.

Same applies to Frank who was first elected to CONgress in 1984. In 2007 Frank became the head of the House Financial Services Committee which made it worse.

As you say, it started under Carter, got worse under Clinton, and came to a head when both were chairmen of committees that controlled banking and housing.

As for the OP's question, there are many Democrats that while claiming to hate guns, actually own some. Prime example was Carl T. Rowan.

As soon as Mitur Binsdurty started yelling allah Akbar and raised a knife at me my Kimber would explode from the rush of +p rounds pouring thru it!

Even as a joke, it's a little too one-sided for me, but sarcasm has its interpretations.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast