hr 822 or he 2900....stop the BS - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hr 822 or he 2900....stop the BS

It is supposed to come up for a vote on the floor sometime today.
    Came out of committee with all ammendments voted down.
    The debate & vote will be on C-SPAN 1. @ 12 noon.
    If it passes the House, it will be sent to the Senate. I doubt Reid will welcome this.
    The final hurdle will be for MOBAMA to sign it into law. ( Unless there's enough votes to overide his veto )
    Dems just don't get it!

I don't like the bill although I would love to be able to carry from state to state.

I'm convinced it'll force "May Issue" states like CA and NJ to become "Right Denied" states like IL in order to get around it. Does anyone really think the libs in those states are simply going to throw their hands up and say "Oh, OK....out-of-staters can carry at will in our state..."?? I don't think so.

Also, I question whether it'll pass muster when SCOTUS reviews its constitutionality, both on a state level and individual level as well.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    States don't have rights. People do.
    States absolutely have rights as guaranteed by the constitution. 10th amendment (state sovereignty - powers not granted to the federal government nor prohibited to the states by the Constitution are reserved, respectively, to the states or the people). 11th amendment (state sovereign immunity). These amendments were enacted in 1791 and 1795. This was "founding fathers" stuff. The very basis of liberty and democracy lies in these amendments.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

It has passed the House. Currently the vote is 272 to 144.

Wanna bet on Senate and Anti Gun Obama.

C-Span written count was 273 to 153 while the person at the podium reported it as 272 to 154.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Wanna bet on Senate and Anti Gun Obama.
    Depends on how many amendments they tack on. The problem is that they might still add on things like a national database.

The Senate will just do the same thing to this bill that they do to all good ideas that come to them out of the House in the form of Republican backed bills... absolutely nothing. It'll get tabled and die of old age.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    The Senate will just do the same thing to this bill that they do to all good ideas that come to them out of the House in the form of Republican backed bills... absolutely nothing. It'll get tabled and die of old age.
    It sure wouldn't be the first time, that's for sure. But I'm more willing to bet that they try amending it to get what the anti-gun people want.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    States absolutely have rights as guaranteed by the constitution. 10th amendment (state sovereignty - powers not granted to the federal government nor prohibited to the states by the Constitution are reserved, respectively, to the states or the people). 11th amendment (state sovereign immunity). These amendments were enacted in 1791 and 1795. This was "founding fathers" stuff. The very basis of liberty and democracy lies in these amendments.

States have powers..not rights.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast