hr 822 or he 2900....stop the BS - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: hr 822 or he 2900....stop the BS

1. And there we have it. Almost a year and no hearing. Election is over. So now what?

Did you think Reid would ever let it out of committee? NFW

Quote Originally Posted by Rustell View Post
    HR822 might not be everything you want...but it works for me.
    My right to carry does not end at the state line...
    My right to carry DOESN'T start with a license.

The bill does not really change anything except the need for interstate reciprocity agreements. You still can only carry if: (1) your home state allows you to carry and under the conditions set forth by your home state. If your state requires a permit, as does Tennessee, then you must have a permit to carry in the other state. (2) you can only carry under the conditions set forth in the state you are now carrying in.Carrying in a Texas , a non OCC state, with a TN HCP, allowing OCC in TN, I would not be allowed OCC in Texas. In states not allowing carry, your home state permit is of no use whatsoever, you still can't carry (i.e. IL and others.) The major stumbling block will be that there is no national standard for issuing a HCP and that may cause some problems in the USSC. We don't want a National standard. This will gravitate to the NYC and Chicago standard, permits only for politicians and friends of politicians!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher,Independent Voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    The bill does not really change anything except the need for interstate reciprocity agreements. You still can only carry if: (1) your home state allows you to carry and under the conditions set forth by your home state. If your state requires a permit, as does Tennessee, then you must have a permit to carry in the other state. (2) you can only carry under the conditions set forth in the state you are now carrying in.Carrying in a Texas , a non OCC state, with a TN HCP, allowing OCC in TN, I would not be allowed OCC in Texas. In states not allowing carry, your home state permit is of no use whatsoever, you still can't carry (i.e. IL and others.) The major stumbling block will be that there is no national standard for issuing a HCP and that may cause some problems in the USSC. We don't want a National standard. This will gravitate to the NYC and Chicago standard, permits only for politicians and friends of politicians!

IL is the ONLY state that doesn't allow carry.

I stand corrected, we have come a long ways. You are still restricted by instate rules however (i.e. No Carry in NYC)
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher,Independent Voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345