hr 822 or he 2900....stop the BS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hr 822 or he 2900....stop the BS

1. hr 822 or hr 2900....stop the BS

If we keep on bashing every little detail we'll never get the right we shouldn't even have to fight for. However, at this point it's a start. It's the closest we've gotten. 822 or 2900, either one looks good from my point of view. If they wrote it in "layman's" terms, lawyers wouldn't have jobs. God knows we have a butt load of them. I hate to say it but politicians are lawyers, and lawyers suck!!! Support hr822 and then amend it later to incorporate what will suit everyone. It's the best we have right now.

3. I agree 100%. I am no lawyer, but this sounds like the thing to do for me..
    Signature:
    Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Vinnie <>< John 3:16

This is a states rights issue and I do believe all states should recognize concealed permits from other states. Just not sure how to make it happen. I'm not convinced HR822 is the answer. One thing I'm sure of though, we can't be passing bills thinking we can fix what's wrong with them later. You are still dealing with lawyers. Never forget we had to pass a health care bill to find out what's in it and of course we will fix what's wrong with it later. How's that working for you? Rant over.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

States don't have rights. People do.

6. We won't get our cake and eat it too. Although it would be nice. You won't please everyone so just take what you can for now. Yes Obama care screws us but it's being "adjusted" by everyone. Yet he is still a problem. All I am saying is, it's a start !!! There will always be more to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    This is a states rights issue and I do believe all states should recognize concealed permits from other states. Just not sure how to make it happen. I'm not convinced HR822 is the answer. One thing I'm sure of though, we can't be passing bills thinking we can fix what's wrong with them later. You are still dealing with lawyers. Never forget we had to pass a health care bill to find out what's in it and of course we will fix what's wrong with it later. How's that working for you? Rant over.
    I think this is a Constitutional issue not a States Rights issue. There are several reasons within the Constitution that all CC licenses should be recognized everywhere. Actually there is one big reason why the requirement for a license at all is unconstitutional but we need to take back our 2nd Amendment Rights like they were lost, a little bit at a time.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

NRA phone call yesterday said it is coming to a vote next week in the House. And it made it out of committee without amendments.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    And it made it out of committee without amendments.
    That's not true. It was amended with a complete substitution, and that substitution did have one amendment that passed.

Read the substitution and amendment, Federal Gun Free School Zones still seem to be an issue for out of state CC unless I missed something.

Thumbs up Lets take what we can get.!!

HR822 might not be everything you want...but it works for me.
    My right to carry does not end at the state line...
    Always tell the Truth...it's easier to remember

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast