Video of "occutard camera man" getting a rubber bullet - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video of "occutard camera man" getting a rubber bullet

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Aren't the police part of the UNIONS that are currently protesting at these events?
    Oh my, I don't think you are suppose to mention that.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Just where did you get that assinine information? That's total nonsense!! A primer wouldn't even push the rubber bullet out of the barrel.
    Umm...actually, I have done some reloading experiments with paraffin wax, utilizing only primers. Hanging a washcloth approximately 20 feet away, I was able to consistently fire simple wax plugs from a revolver and penetrate the free-hanging washcloth. I have no trouble at all believing that a large pistol magnum primer could push a light projectile with enough force to be suitable as a less lethal force alternative.

However, although the video does not show it, I would tend to believe that any projectiles fired would have come from a 37mm or 40mm launcher, utilizing any of a wide variety of rubber or wooden projectiles. These, however, are NOT propelled by primer only, but typically by .38 caliber blanks (explaining the larger flash and louder report). I have been trained in the use of these types of projectiles, and have not only used them and seen them used extensively, but have also been hit with the projectiles. They work, and they work well.

Now, regarding whether this was a good shoot or not, it is entirely impossible to tell from this video alone. As was previously stated, without the benefit of the vantage of the officer, and perhaps even a statement as to what threat was perceived by the officer upon firing, we should withhold judgement.

Procedence Ranch;
    A pariffin plug in a pistol caliber is nowhere near the mass, nor has nowhere near the friction against the barrel wall as that of a 12ga rubber bullet.

Besides,you don't find cops using pistols to fire rubber bullets or bean bags; they use 12ga shotguns. And, you can't extrapolate pistol experiments to shotgun performance. I've been handloading for more than 50 years, and on occassion have popped a primer on a rifle ammo case with no powder. I then had to push the bullet out of the barrel with a cleaning rod.
    Charlie

Your prez is a former union organizer is he in charge of these deadbeats.

With all the protestors behind the cameraman yelling and doing whatever else towards the police, this could've just been a missed shot. He may have been aiming at someone next to the cameraman that was moving.

It's impossible to judge something fairly when you only see one side of it. If someone next to the cameraman was about to throw something at the officers, then the shot was justified, even if it missed. We just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    I don't agree with the cause but I support the first amendment. Even foolish occutards have rights.

They were not rioting at that point.
    This...you would not ask this question if one of them fired it at you. Agree or disagree - basic freedoms are basic freedoms.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK:242171
    Procedence Ranch;
    A pariffin plug in a pistol caliber is nowhere near the mass, nor has nowhere near the friction against the barrel wall as that of a 12ga rubber bullet.

Besides,you don't find cops using pistols to fire rubber bullets or bean bags; they use 12ga shotguns. And, you can't extrapolate pistol experiments to shotgun performance. I've been handloading for more than 50 years, and on occassion have popped a primer on a rifle ammo case with no powder. I then had to push the bullet out of the barrel with a cleaning rod.
    Ok, agreed. The primer alone might not be sufficient for a less lethal round from a shotgun. And I'm not new to handloading either. But we are not talking about metal on metal, or even rubber on metal. In all likelihood, we are talking about a rubber projectile captured inside a plastic sabot. Which would present FAR less mass and friction than the bullets you somehow managed to lodge in your rifle barrels. I won't claim to be an authority on loading less lethal rounds. All I am saying is that primers alone are certainly more powerful than you first indicated. Now, perhaps, back to the topic at hand...

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12