Pledge of Allegiance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pledge of Allegiance

Pledge of Allegiance

The Pledge according to Red Skelton.

A good watch.

To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

John Wayne did a rendition of that also. Soeme very patriotic thoughts.

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    John Wayne did a rendition of that also. Soeme very patriotic thoughts.

KK
    Yeah. If you watch to the end it will change over to a tiled view of other videos. I think John Wayne's video is there.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Got to love Red. American and comedian!

Psalm 82:3-5

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    A question for those who support those on the "left" side of the isle after watching this video:

Why?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Tuts: I remember seeing this the first time he ever did it on TV and I don't think anyone, including John Wayne, has done it with more sincerity.

Red Skelton was one of my favorite childhood entertainers. It would be great if what good ol' Red said were true today, but the "republic" is NOT the people controlling the elected, it's the government controlling the serfdom. Whether mandating the indoctrination of our impressionable youth by requiring the "pledge" be recited daily in schools is a good thing, remains to be seen. I don't pledge my allegiance to a "flag". In fact, blindly following our elected leaders(exactly what they want) has gotten us into the trouble were in now. I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States. That is where your allegiance should be. The flag is just a symbol. Veterans, thank you for your service! If you aren't familiar with Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic, I encourage you to check it out.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    Red Skelton was one of my favorite childhood entertainers. It would be great if what good ol' Red said were true today, but the "republic" is NOT the people controlling the elected, it's the government controlling the serfdom. Whether mandating the indoctrination of our impressionable youth by requiring the "pledge" be recited daily in schools is a good thing, remains to be seen. I don't pledge my allegiance to a "flag". In fact, blindly following our elected leaders(exactly what they want) has gotten us into the trouble were in now. I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States. That is where your allegiance should be. The flag is just a symbol. Veterans, thank you for your service! If you aren't familiar with Oath Keepers Oath Keepers Guardians of the Republic, I encourage you to check it out.
    Skipper: I don't know how old you are but I can remember reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in school every day during WWII. That flag was the symbol of our country and the wrapping on our Constitution. We were proud to make the pledge. It was not an indoctrination but a respect for our country and way of life which the flag represented and for which people were dying at that time. Our flag and Kate Smith singing, "God Bless America" will forever stand out in my mind about that era. The people of my generation still have great respect for our flag but, sadly, later generations are seeming to wane in pride for our country and it's symbol. In later years, I served under that flag and it was the proudest time of my life. I see the flag as more than a multi-colored piece of cloth and would hope that someday others would see it that way. I don't blindly follow our leaders, they will come and go, but our flag will continue to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp:243178
    Red Skelton was one of my favorite childhood entertainers. It would be great if what good ol' Red said were true today, but the "republic" is NOT the people controlling the elected, it's the government controlling the serfdom. Whether mandating the indoctrination of our impressionable youth by requiring the "pledge" be recited daily in schools is a good thing, remains to be seen. I don't pledge my allegiance to a "flag". In fact, blindly following our elected leaders(exactly what they want) has gotten us into the trouble were in now. I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States. That is where your allegiance should be. The flag is just a symbol. Veterans, thank you for your service! If you aren't familiar with Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic, I encourage you to check it out.
    Yeah I think you've misconstrued the purpose of the pledge. Your pledging allegiance to the Constitution and its ideologies, not the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The people of my generation still have great respect for our flag but, sadly, later generations are seeming to wane in pride for our country and it's symbol.
    Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect, but the symbol of our nation and our freedom cannot just be a flag; it must also be the right of a person to burn that flag in protest.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast