Common sense has been destroyed in our nation - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common sense has been destroyed in our nation

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Your right it does make it worse. It also insures votes for the left. After all these are the only people that really care. The right only cares about making a comfortable living and being a productive citizen.
    Beg to point out that the only thing they really "care" about is how much money they can extort from the taxpayers by begging via votes.

Damn! Here all this time I had thought that being a productive citizen was a noble goal in life.

You mean I'm NOT supposed to be responsible and self reliant?

Well.... douse me with pepper spray and call me "Sneezy"!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Trouble is we have a whole generation of people that have been taught that they have been wronged and society owes them for it. We have leaders running around telling these people that what happened to their ancestors is this generations fault and we must pay. They tell people that if someone works hard and invests their money wisely and live a comfortable life, someone else was given a raw deal and the wealthy must pay.
    Interesting. I never owned a slave. Never would even if it were legal. I don't know of anyone who ever owned a slave. I don't know anyone who can claim they were a slave. So what am I paying for?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Interesting. I never owned a slave. Never would even if it were legal. I don't know of anyone who ever owned a slave. I don't know anyone who can claim they were a slave. So what am I paying for?
    The left wins elections by creating dependents. This seems to work for them every election cycle. As long as it continues to work they will play the same game. We have a generation of people looking for a free ride and the left is more than willing to provide that. It gives them power. The real slaves are the ones that by into this dependents. This is what you are paying for.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

The left wins elections by creating dependents. This seems to work for them every election cycle. As long as it continues to work they will play the same game. We have a generation of people looking for a free ride and the left is more than willing to provide that. It gives them power. The real slaves are the ones that by into this dependents. This is what you are paying for.
    Only one problem with this scenario..... the Dems have created so many dependents that the Nation can no longer afford them.... at least at the standard of living they have gotten used to.

It's all part and parcel of supply and demand dependent on price. The demand for a good/service rises as the price for the individual unit of that good/service falls. If the price falls to zero, the demand becomes limitless and exponential. (As in freebee welfare goods and services.) Precisely why our give away programs to "eradicate poverty" create more dependents than it "helps" out of poverty.

Create a good, solid and free feeding trough and the little piggies will multiply to get a shot at the feeding frenzy.

Consider that next to the fact that one in seven US citizens are receiving food stamps. We have THAT many in danger of starving? (Not from visual clues!) Or is it that many that believe they rate "prime rib" rather than plain old roast beef?

GG

That is my point. The left has created so many dependents we are running out of producers to pay for it. But try to cut back on some of it and see how demonized you get by the left.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Back to the OP,

Greg, the only problem with you list of rules, it is too long for our legislatures, er. . . politicians. you have to keep it short and simple That is why the KISS principle was created. No more than two things at a time. . .

Tucker's Mom's rules are for us peons that have to live with these people making laws for us. . . .

That is my point. The left has created so many dependents we are running out of producers to pay for it. But try to cut back on some of it and see how demonized you get by the left.
    Exactly why the Left CANNOT try to make changes to make our National Budget balance. They have gotten into a corner by using the "welfare/help the people" agenda to get themselves perpetuated into office. To try to back off of this perilous fiscal cliff would be political suicide for most of them. They full well know it.

Another reason why I hold them in such contempt. They seem perfectly willing to sacrifice the financial stability of the entire Country/society for the preservation of their fleeting political power positions.

That is not the kind of "Public Servant" the Nation needs.

How bizzare! Perfectly willing to go over the cliff of financial ruin for the entire nation as long as they are "leading" the lemmings over the edge.

Come to think about it..... maybe we ought to start looking for those "Swiss Bank Accounts" earmarked for "Golden Parachute" use by deposed Congresscritters should the Nation go under. LOL! Maybe they AREN'T so willing to lead over the cliff edge after all!

GG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12