Common sense has been destroyed in our nation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Common sense has been destroyed in our nation

Common sense has been destroyed in our nation

Our leaders in Washington DC needs to get a little common sense before the so called SUPER COMMITTEE can accomplish their mission.
    1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
    2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
    3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
    4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it
    5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation

One thing my father taught me is the world is unfair. No where on by birth certificate does it say the world has to be fair to me. I get what I have by my own deeds and hard work. Perhaps it is a generation thing, those that believe they should be taken care of did not learn the values that were instilled to me as a boy. I do my best to teach my 3 boys the same lessons, you get ahead in life by working hard and making you own way, standing on your own two feet, and no one owes me anything unless I work for it.

Trouble is we have a whole generation of people that have been taught that they have been wronged and society owes them for it. We have leaders running around telling these people that what happened to their ancestors is this generations fault and we must pay. They tell people that if someone works hard and invests their money wisely and live a comfortable life, someone else was given a raw deal and the wealthy must pay.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

A whole GENERATION?

If only!

Try generation's.

Coddling these folks seems to only make it worse.

Wait till the Messiah loses the election next time, if he does. You think we have seen unrest? You ain't seen nothing yet.

That will be the 'emergency' that will end life as we know it, I'm afraid.

KK

6. I'm 100% completely against hand outs to the lazy. I fully support drug testing for welfare and would recommend a max of 1 year for it for every 3 years of employment. I do however think a better education department needs to be in place. As it stands right now its way to hard for someone who's barely hanging on to change their lives with education. There's programs yes but its mostly for the single moms. I tried my whole life to get an education and unfortunately it hasn't happened yet. It's the 1 thing I would ask for, everyone deserves 1 grant unchallenged.

You have an American President who has suckeled of the American T his entire life and continues to do so when this country fails there will be trouble, be prepaired. Peace, Love, Colt 45, Unabridged Second Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    A whole GENERATION?

If only!

Try generation's.

Coddling these folks seems to only make it worse.

KK
    Your right it does make it worse. It also insures votes for the left. After all these are the only people that really care. The right only cares about making a comfortable living and being a productive citizen.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

5 RULES TO REMEMBER IN LIFE:

1. Money cannot buy happiness but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.
    2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard's name.
    3. Help someone when they are in trouble and they will remember you when they're in trouble again.
    4. Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.
    5. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    5 RULES TO REMEMBER IN LIFE:

1. Money cannot buy happiness but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.
    2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard's name.
    3. Help someone when they are in trouble and they will remember you when they're in trouble again.
    4. Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.
    5. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.

Now That is funny.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

More so because it is the absolute truth!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast