Fed's GPS Tracker found on SUV this past week - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fed's GPS Tracker found on SUV this past week

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    We move in public with the obvious full knowledge that people see us.

Therefore the catch right now seems to be that the government's position is that citizens have no reasonable expectation of privacy when moving in public. Either for being photographed, audio recorded, or tracked by GPS.

Our cells phones are a willfull use item, we know they have GPS in them and we use them anyway.
    Of course all cell phones can be tracked by GPS by law enforcement and 911, but does that need a warrant? Not if you dial 911, or willfully have your phone set on non-restricted GPS. Smart phones have automatic GPS "remembering". The feds admitted in court of using covert cell tracking and audio spying programs against criminals.

The problem comes in when somneone attachs something to our vehicle without our permission.

As someone said, why should we worry if we are not doing anything wrong?

For the same reason that allowing the feds access and control of our CCW permits MIGHT/COULD evolve into gun confiscation.

Their point is that states should reciprocate CCW permits like they do driver's licenses. THEY ALREADY DO. WE DON'T NEED FEDS INVOLVED.
    When we are in other states, we observe their traffic laws. We don't need feds to regulate the traffic laws either.
    Right to Travel

Supreme Law School : E-mail : Box 036 : Msg 03678

WHO HAS RIGHTS?!

Let's remember when you give up one right you affect all others.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

I'm a flag waving conservative, and I hope that eventually we all can legally carry concealed anywhere... even Canada.

Each state's residents should determine the status of weapons carry. Such as Wisconsin just did, and Illinois refuses to do. If a particular state believes that some other state's requirements are insufficient, then that is their right.
    Personally I believe that the CCW requirements in some states are lax, and people are not mentally or even manually capable of safely having a weapon. The possibilities concern me, but I accept that their useage of a weapon will be few and far between and I am willing to accept my risk of being near when they use it.

Weapons or cars.... common sense is not tested prior to handing them a license.

A license is a permission. Most of us do not know our rights as well as we should. I do not need a license to exercise a right!
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    A license is a permission. Most of us do not know our rights as well as we should. I do not need a license to exercise a right!
    I agree. "...the right of the people to drive cars shall not be infringed' is something I do not recall reading. Many people get rights and privileges mixed up. Some even think it is their right to get free medical care or that the government has the obligation to ensure everyone has a paycheck every week. ...Occutards think that way, for example.

A left wing (marxist) government desires their sheeple to buy into such misdirections as that ensures that the people will be beholden to the gov't for their needs and will allow the gov't to 'rule' over them. Bigger government, fewer rights and less liberty for the people in exchange for a place at the feeding trough. Classic Leninism, and is being played out right before our eyes.

Removing God from society is a related goal for the lefties, it allows for fewer people to have a strong moral compass and makes it easier to control them. The marxist/statist government hates "unalienable" rights as it knows that the people who understand that concept understand their rights do NOT arrise from government, and thus cannot be removed by government. ...And yet we have thousands of anti-gun law (infringements) along with an active ACLU removing Christian symbols and activities from our schools, government and other public places all right under our nose.

Why are the lefties so successful today? They own the educational system and the majority of media. We have a generation now of Bill of Rights and Liberty ignorant and Godless-less people who are much easier to sway, much easier to control who have no idea what real liberty is, nor do they have feel a sense of responsibility to more than just themselves. The do not understand, in large part, that it is up to them and not up to government to eek out a living and save up for a rainy day.

No, we do not need a license to exercise our rights but the leftists are gaining ground because our society is being taught that we do. We do not need a license to allow our rights to be crippled one little law at a time, and we do not need a license to allow the government to tell us where we can carry or not. We just allow our runaway government to dictate to us what it feels our rights are. After all, too many people feel that a sign on a door, for example, is from the 'highest authority' in existance...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm, crickets chirping. How about this then: Yeah, man, licenses for rights is a government license for wrong.

(it's an easier to assimilate one liner!)
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Sure, I think that lots of things are unalienable freedoms.

Driver's licenses came into existence to make sure people were competent to operate the damn things. Many today certainly are not. You might live in a land of excellent drivers, but I've never been there. Never a day goes by that I don't see some idiot almost cause a wreck. And I live in a rural area.
    Did you know that the parking brake release on a Lincoln TownCar only works in drive? That's because the old people that drive them usually start the car, put it in reverse, back up 8 feet, THEN look behind them. Seriously, that is why Ford made it that way. Now lots of cars have rear radar warnings. Good grief.

Sure everybody ought to have their sidearm on them. God help us if some of them have to use em. Especially those people who believe that they are going to pull out their gun and scare the bad guy away.

I remember the movie Apollo 13. Gene Kranz says, "I don't care what it was designed to do, I want to know what it CAN do." That's how I feel about these manipulative laws nibbling away at our rights.

If you find one, stick it on the nearest long haul semi trailer. Let the Feds go nuts. Or better yet, a shipping container. the Feds have said that destroying one is destruction of Gov't property. I feel that they lost that property right when they put it on someones vehicle. A gift carries no strings such as that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12