Can Snopes counter this? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Snopes counter this?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    You really should read some history, expecially involving Saul Alinsky:
    Archived-Articles: Obama's Alinsky Jujitsu
    Are we going back 3 years to the "Evil" community organizer debate? Reading history is helpful but not necessarily through the lens of "The American Thinker" website.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Whenever someone brings up the term "Critical thinking" I am always reminded of this quote:

Since this quote is over 2,000 years old and has been translated many times I am not truly confident that the word educated is correct but it will suffice for the need. What it boils down to is being able to consider another person's view without having to accept it or agree with them. That ability seems to be fading from the human mind at a very astonishing rate. We are full of little sayings, catchphrases or Bible verses that we use to try and make our points without regard to whether they come close to applying to the discussion or not. It has only been in the last few of my 61 years that I have finally realized why my thought process has seemed to be so much out of sync with the general public. I am not saying that I am right or wrong but I do seem to look at situations much differently than most people and I finally realize that I may not be as wrong or stupid as I once thought I was.
    I agree completely, especially the part about the word educated not being correct. People can become extremely well educated but simply be filled with information. It's the age old difference between Knowledge and Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by alduane View Post
    I agree completely, especially the part about the word educated not being correct. People can become extremely well educated but simply be filled with information. It's the age old difference between Knowledge and Wisdom.
    And it appears that you have neither.
    Charlie

Are we going back 3 years to the "Evil" community organizer debate? Reading history is helpful but not necessarily through the lens of "The American Thinker" website.
    Now that you mention it, yes, because that's all that Obama has ever been and it's all that he ever WILL be. The big question, "What is he organizing for?"
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Let's get technical here for a minute. :) The "Internet" actually started in the 60's as a "military" project to share information among research institutions doing work for the US Military. I expanded during the 70's and 80's as a research project for non-commercial use. Back then it was tightly controlled as to its usage and availability. In the early 90's Al Gore did introduce and promote the bill in Congress to allow commercial usage of the "Internet". Up until that time it could not be used for commercial gain. So in a way Al Gore did have a lot to do with the creation of the modern Internet. He did not invent it or create it but he did help push through the legislation that created the modern form of the Internet.
    I'm aware of the internet beginnings. Thanks for letting the rest of us know. Wish we still had the sarcastic icon.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

So...I take it that putting "God" in the pledge in the 1950's didn't work out as well as expected?

My reference was not to Rupert Murdoch personally and didn't even mention his family. Their personal life is none of my business or interest. The problem I have is with his US operations which are nothing but a 24/7 propaganda machine that has contributed to the destruction of reasoned discourse and hatred for opposing views. His British operations had no respect for privacy or the laws concerning them. Itís hard not to view someone on your radar when their actions have such a profound effect on our daily lives. If he truly does care about us, he will take a close look at the end results of the end result of his actions here and in Britain.

Daughter, I donít have a high horse to get off of and if we didnít have a few pains in our backsides none of us would ever learn. I sincerely hope that you had as good Thanksgiving as I did and wish you the best for the coming year.
    Oh, you must be referring to THE ONLY NEWS NETWORK IN THE US THAT CONSISTANTLY HAS PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDE OF EVERY ISSUE. You certainly are not referring to NBC or MSNBC, those paragons of fairness. Oh....you must mean Rachael Madcow and her like, such as THE RIGHT REVEREND AL SHARPTON!
    Charlie

Thanks Charlie -- you put it so nicely I had nothing more to add to your comment.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt:245828
    Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc View Post
    don't believe everything you read on the internet; it's how WWI started.
    On the "internet"? I don't think so!
    It's an old internet proverb cautioning what we see and hear on net...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Now that you mention it, yes, because that's all that Obama has ever been and it's all that he ever WILL be. The big question, "What is he organizing for?"
    You simply reinforce my opinion of the ingrained ignorance of the Far Right wing. There really is no argument against foolish statements.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast