Hiring chinese - shafting americans - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiring chinese - shafting americans

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Mike: I could be wrong but I get the feeling you may be a Democrat. Could it be? While we are on the subject of politicians grabbing here and there, why hasn't our illustrious leader opened up oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico again? Why hasn't Boeing been allowed to move one of their plants to the Carolinas and open up jobs there? Could this be a payback from POTUS to the unions? Why has the pipline between us and Canada been stopped when quite a number of jobs could be had? Why hasn't oil drilling been authorized in the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve? I can see you are passionate about degrading Republicans but I feel there is more than enough blame to go around since these particular problems are being prevented by the Democrats.
    Well since Boeing is in my State why move they already have so many factories here. The oil I don't care because it's not the same topic. If they o rill an we get the work. But if we rill an they have Chinese citizens on our soil. That what it s about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Jerry Brown is a Republican??
    No I was being stupid When I think California i always think Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by ti02 View Post
    Put yourself in these shoes: you own a multimillion dollar company and need workers. Pay an american union worker 20$ an hour to push the button or outsoirce it to a chinese worker who will pish there same button for 10$ an hour and you have to pay 3$ for a dropshipper spot. With that math it only makes sense to outsource. America still has its niche markets but the high paying jobs usually require a degree which less and less Americans have these days. Because of that, along with the increasing sense of entitlement, our unemployment rate is up. I think hiring chinese or korean or japanese is a great idea. They usually work harder, demand less, take pride in their work, and have better longevity than a typical American who gets a new job every few years because they think they"deserve more". My $0.02....
    It's a bridge it require skill. You don't push a Button.It's hard work. But you pay an American whatever an he spend his money here. Stimulating our economy. Pay a Foreigner they save it an take it home.An it's not the rich business man we are talking Gov't work this is payed by US Citizens. American Ironworkers work as hard as anyone. I don't give a **** where they are from. You don't work they run your ass off.

Put yourself in these shoes: you own a multimillion dollar company and need workers. Pay an american union worker 20$ an hour to push the button or outsoirce it to a chinese worker who will pish there same button for 10$ an hour and you have to pay 3$ for a dropshipper spot. With that math it only makes sense to outsource. America still has its niche markets but the high paying jobs usually require a degree which less and less Americans have these days. Because of that, along with the increasing sense of entitlement, our unemployment rate is up. I think hiring chinese or korean or japanese is a great idea. They usually work harder, demand less, take pride in their work, and have better longevity than a typical American who gets a new job every few years because they think they"deserve more". My $0.02....
    The first thing that will go when I become POTUS is to get rid of the unions -- well, apart from ALPA. There should not be a government union!
    (Ignore me...I am just ranting here...)
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny:247734
    This is a rather "brutal" summation of the realities of it... but, then again, is it not said that "truth hurts"?

I DID note the "cheap imported junk" standard one liner posted above a bit. LOL! Never seems to occur to these folks that for MANY applications, it is the function versus price point that makes the decision. If I have need for a plastic trash can for my "office", am I going to purchase one made in China for $3.99 or am I going to purchase one made in the good ol' USA for $6.99? Particularly when the functionality of my purchase is not going to change one iota between the two. I'll go for the lower price every time.

Multiply this simple decision making process a million times for a million different products and you can begin to understand the machinations of free economics. THIS is what applies to the concept of "competition" (something the US has always applauded) only on a world wide basis.

This freedom of choice/competition is loudly applauded (and gets the votes/bucks) of your average consumer, always looking for the bast bang for the buck. It is NOT well received by the US firms who are forced to pricing higher due to any number and combination of increased cost of production factors.... Be it high cost of labor, costs of Government regulations, high corporate taxes, what have you. In our case ALL are contributory to our industrial woes.

Only three courses of action are available. 1) The Government "fixes" our industry base to make it more competitive. 2) Slap severe import taxes on incoming goods to this Country. 3) Pass a unicameral Law to force everyone to "buy American".

Of the three, the last two are highly inflationary, not likely to sit well with the average consumer. The first is not likely to sit well with our "priced out of the market" labor or the management who believes that their company has a "right" to continued existance, inefficient/uncompetitive or not.

Ya pays your money and takes your consequences.

GG
    Which is why you decided to buy the computer from wal mart for 100 bucks.? Who needs spellcheck?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    The first thing that will go when I become POTUS is to get rid of the unions -- well, apart from ALPA. There should not be a government union!
    (Ignore me...I am just ranting here...)
    Union Construction workers don't work for the Government. An even when it's a private job. The Owners who hire the General Contractor usually hire Union sub contractors because they have the means to get skilled labor
    who are usually organize an have the training,licenses an certification to the job. There are big Non union contractors who I've seen who **** there worker. No overtime shitty pay,no safety. There are some good contractors out there but for the most part that's rare. But what I get there's ppl who believe American works should make $10 an hour an let ppl make million on our blood an sweat. Big companies like Boeing give intensive bonuses for production. They are a big Union company. An if they wanted out they could but there stay. Union Production they know what you do. So you can't say all Union are the same. There are alot that scamm the system. But I guess ppl want to go back to the 1920s. PPL die and fought for there rights in the work place.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40FAN View Post
    Which is why you decided to buy the computer from wal mart for 100 bucks.? Who needs spellcheck?
    It was $400 and not at Wally World.

It's not so much a matter of WHO "needs" spellcheck, it's a matter of making it available to everyone that COULD use it. Unfortunately, spellcheck doesn't critique syntax, sentence structure, verb/noun agreement and other basic writing skills. Thus, in many applications, spellcheck saves spelling errors but the resultant prose STILL is meaningless or confusing the way it is presented to the reader.

I suppose someone COULD develop a computer that actually could write properly..... On the other hand, it's embarrassing enough to have a machine that can outspell you, let alone one that can write better than you can.

I'll stick with my own proofreading and accept the errors and omissions as my own. (Ain't gettin' no virgin on that thought line.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12