Hiring chinese - shafting americans
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Hiring chinese - shafting americans

  1. #1

    Angry Hiring chinese - shafting americans

    As usual, I get email that is not only perplexing but beyond comprehension. This time, I was sent an email that referenced Diane Sawyer saying on her newscast that OUR government has hired Chinese firms AND workers to help rebuild OUR infrastructure, thereby taking jobs from Americans. It makes one wonder just what in hell the POTUS and his minions are trying to do to our country. In all reality, however, it is quite apparent they are trying to destroy what used to be the greatest country in the world. If we do not elect someone different next November, we will definitely be up that proverbial creek without a paddle.




  2.   
  3. #2
    Did you ever consider we may not have a choice? I'm thinking we're in way too deep to even have a choice anymore.

    Scary times.

    KK

  4. #3
    Just google "china idaho" and you'll see we sold (probably gave) the chinese 50sq miles of land in Idaho so they can build a mini china. What I think this means is that China can continue to produce products for the US and save them some of the shipping costs by producing it here right in our own country with a big middle finger.

    Of course, I could be spewing crazy talk ;)
    Eppur Si Muove

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Did you ever consider we may not have a choice? I'm thinking we're in way too deep to even have a choice anymore.

    Scary times.

    KK
    You have a point KK. China apparently owns us anyway. One of these days, they may try to lay claim to all we have. That will be one hell of a day!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin & Arizona
    Posts
    542
    We have a choice. 2012 is around the corner, use your choices wisely.
    If we called in what was owed us any idea what would happen in Europe. Do we need to continue funding the UN ? We need to do oil drilling and refineries in the US going again.
    Change a few items and take care of the US first, put a import tax on cheap Chinese goods, get control of the spend monsters in government, and see how fast we could pay down the China bill.

  7. #6
    That's ******. i never thought my work could be outsourced. But it's the State Government not the Federal Government thats doing. California,Alaska ect All Repulican gov't. Even if Calif is a Blue state they have a Repulican Governor.I never thought Repulicans would outsource. As I always known All Government is crap.Doesn't matter Get rid of Obama. Its going to be the same **** different person to blame. They are all puppets to big business.And it's ******** about Chin doing it better. I worked in a Fad shop that's been outsourcing for years. The China crap is crap it always need to be reworked.I don't work there anymore but have family who do. 20yrs later they are finally giving up on the Chinese crap and building here. Ingersol Rand is the Company.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    That's ******. i never thought my work could be outsourced. But it's the State Government not the Federal Government thats doing. California,Alaska ect All Repulican gov't. Even if Calif is a Blue state they have a Repulican Governor.I never thought Repulicans would outsource. As I always known All Government is crap.Doesn't matter Get rid of Obama. Its going to be the same **** different person to blame. They are all puppets to big business.And it's ******** about Chin doing it better. I worked in a Fad shop that's been outsourcing for years. The China crap is crap it always need to be reworked.I don't work there anymore but have family who do. 20yrs later they are finally giving up on the Chinese crap and building here. Ingersol Rand is the Company.
    Mike: I could be wrong but I get the feeling you may be a Democrat. Could it be? While we are on the subject of politicians grabbing here and there, why hasn't our illustrious leader opened up oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico again? Why hasn't Boeing been allowed to move one of their plants to the Carolinas and open up jobs there? Could this be a payback from POTUS to the unions? Why has the pipline between us and Canada been stopped when quite a number of jobs could be had? Why hasn't oil drilling been authorized in the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve? I can see you are passionate about degrading Republicans but I feel there is more than enough blame to go around since these particular problems are being prevented by the Democrats.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fort Lewis, WA
    Posts
    25

    voice of reason

    Put yourself in these shoes: you own a multimillion dollar company and need workers. Pay an american union worker 20$ an hour to push the button or outsoirce it to a chinese worker who will pish there same button for 10$ an hour and you have to pay 3$ for a dropshipper spot. With that math it only makes sense to outsource. America still has its niche markets but the high paying jobs usually require a degree which less and less Americans have these days. Because of that, along with the increasing sense of entitlement, our unemployment rate is up. I think hiring chinese or korean or japanese is a great idea. They usually work harder, demand less, take pride in their work, and have better longevity than a typical American who gets a new job every few years because they think they"deserve more". My $0.02....

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,697
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Even if Calif is a Blue state they have a Repulican Governor..
    Jerry Brown is a Republican??
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ti02 View Post
    Put yourself in these shoes: you own a multimillion dollar company and need workers. Pay an american union worker 20$ an hour to push the button or outsoirce it to a chinese worker who will pish there same button for 10$ an hour and you have to pay 3$ for a dropshipper spot. With that math it only makes sense to outsource. America still has its niche markets but the high paying jobs usually require a degree which less and less Americans have these days. Because of that, along with the increasing sense of entitlement, our unemployment rate is up. I think hiring chinese or korean or japanese is a great idea. They usually work harder, demand less, take pride in their work, and have better longevity than a typical American who gets a new job every few years because they think they"deserve more". My $0.02....
    This is a rather "brutal" summation of the realities of it... but, then again, is it not said that "truth hurts"?

    I DID note the "cheap imported junk" standard one liner posted above a bit. LOL! Never seems to occur to these folks that for MANY applications, it is the function versus price point that makes the decision. If I have need for a plastic trash can for my "office", am I going to purchase one made in China for $3.99 or am I going to purchase one made in the good ol' USA for $6.99? Particularly when the functionality of my purchase is not going to change one iota between the two. I'll go for the lower price every time.

    Multiply this simple decision making process a million times for a million different products and you can begin to understand the machinations of free economics. THIS is what applies to the concept of "competition" (something the US has always applauded) only on a world wide basis.

    This freedom of choice/competition is loudly applauded (and gets the votes/bucks) of your average consumer, always looking for the bast bang for the buck. It is NOT well received by the US firms who are forced to pricing higher due to any number and combination of increased cost of production factors.... Be it high cost of labor, costs of Government regulations, high corporate taxes, what have you. In our case ALL are contributory to our industrial woes.

    Only three courses of action are available. 1) The Government "fixes" our industry base to make it more competitive. 2) Slap severe import taxes on incoming goods to this Country. 3) Pass a unicameral Law to force everyone to "buy American".

    Of the three, the last two are highly inflationary, not likely to sit well with the average consumer. The first is not likely to sit well with our "priced out of the market" labor or the management who believes that their company has a "right" to continued existance, inefficient/uncompetitive or not.

    Ya pays your money and takes your consequences.

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast