This is Happening This Week- The End of the Constitution - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is Happening This Week- The End of the Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    How long before the government considers its citizens to be the enemy?
    They already have.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

Senate Moves To Allow Military To Arrest Americans Without Charge Or Trial | Conservative Byte

This is the link to a webite that someone sent to my wife. It tells of the danger we are facing, this week!

If there is more news, better news, I would like to hear it.

KK

Our Savior has already stated that he will veto it. Time to give thanks and praise to him.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Our Savior has already stated that he will veto it. Time to give thanks and praise to him.
    Is that the same savior that promised a "transparent" governance? You know, "honest Barry"...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Actually, I heard today that the ACLU was all over this bill. I was thinkng, maybe I'm not reading this right because if the ACLU doesn't like it, it must be something good! :):):)

KK

READ ON: U.S. Senate Periodical Press Gallery
    S. 1867 (Department of Defense Authorization Bill). If this is in this Bill, it'll be extremely hard to find.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Executive sessions every time you turn around. We will never know who say's what, only the final outcome. Executive sessions are great if you're on the inside.

That's exactly why nobody knows what is going to be voted on, all that BS that is supposed to be discussed tomorrow. Too much to take in in the first place and most will be struck or accepted without discussion.

They have no interest in what we want but also no idea what we are capable of. They think that they can make everyone dependent on the Gov't but in actuality they may be creating a society with nothing else to lose.

At this point, that may not be a bad thing. Well, maybe not at this point, yet!

KK

But don't we have to pass it so we can find out what is in it? Isn't that how the left does business?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    But don't we have to pass it so we can find out what is in it? Isn't that how the left does business?
    I think that's SOP.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    READ ON: U.S. Senate Periodical Press Gallery
    S. 1867 (Department of Defense Authorization Bill). If this is in this Bill, it'll be extremely hard to find.
    Might as well start with this:
    SEC. 1031. AFFIRMATION OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN COVERED PERSONS PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE.

(a) In General- Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition under the law of war.

(b) Covered Persons- A covered person under this section is any person as follows:

(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.

(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

(c) Disposition Under Law of War- The disposition of a person under the law of war as described in subsection (a) may include the following:

(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force.

(2) Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, United States Code (as amended by the Military Commissions Act of 2009 (title XVIII of Public Law 111-84)).

(3) Transfer for trial by an alternative court or competent tribunal having lawful jurisdiction.

(4) Transfer to the custody or control of the person's country of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity.

(d) Construction- Nothing in this section is intended to limit or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military Force.

(e) Requirement for Briefings of Congress- The Secretary of Defense shall regularly brief Congress regarding the application of the authority described in this section, including the organizations, entities, and individuals considered to be `covered persons' for purposes of subsection (b)(2).

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast