This is Happening This Week- The End of the Constitution - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: This is Happening This Week- The End of the Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by sassedbygov View Post
    Don't know if anyone posted this already... but this may explain the tricky legalese a little better.

Sen. Jeff Merkley - Why He Did Not Vote For S 1867 - YouTube
    Thanks, that was VERY worth listening to. I don't usually sit for 18 minutes to listen to a Democrat talk but he and others like him, Republicans, Dem's or whatever, are what are keeping the Constitution alive.

KK

3. Well, if the interpretation of the "Conservative Byte" is actually law, then B.O., Nancy Pelosi, and about 100 others in Washington should immediately be arrested and taken to Gitmo! To bad it is a crappy interpretation and does not effect the normal American Citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by trlrider View Post
    Well, if the interpretation of the "Conservative Byte" is actually law, then B.O., Nancy Pelosi, and about 100 others in Washington should immediately be arrested and taken to Gitmo! To bad it is a crappy interpretation and does not effect the normal American Citizen!
    Did you even listen to the Senator from the floor of the Senate?

It absolutely affects American Citizens. You can pick parts of the bill out that seems like it doesn't but the Senator gives clear examples of how it does. And he was a Democrat.

As I read the bill, I also was convinced that it did affect American Citizens, and it clearly does but is written with such ambiquity that it looks like it doesn't.

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Did you even listen to the Senator from the floor of the Senate?

It absolutely affects American Citizens. You can pick parts of the bill out that seems like it doesn't but the Senator gives clear examples of how it does. And he was a Democrat.

As I read the bill, I also was convinced that it did affect American Citizens, and it clearly does but is written with such ambiquity that it looks like it doesn't.

KK
    It seems strange that Diane would put up the amendments and then vote for the bill. Like maybe she got told how it was going to be used against a certain group of individuals. Watch for an agenda to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Watch for an agenda to develop.
    You mean, watch for the next agenda! :)

KK

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789