This is Happening This Week- The End of the Constitution
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is Happening This Week- The End of the Constitution

This is Happening This Week- The End of the Constitution

Senate Moves To Allow Military To Arrest Americans Without Charge Or Trial

Posted on November 28, 2011 by Conservative Byte

The Senate is set to vote on a bill today that would define the whole of the United States as a “battlefield” and allow the U.S. Military to arrest American citizens in their own back yard without charge or trial.

“The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president—and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself,” writes Chris Anders of the ACLU Washington Legislative Office.

Under the ‘worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial’ provision of S.1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which is set to be up for a vote on the Senate floor this week, the legislation will “basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who supports the bill.

I just sent my Senator a letter.

Provision s.1867

"I have just read that you are in support of provision S.1867. I almost fell out of my chair.

The Military being able to arrest and detain US Citizens in their own backyard on a whim?

I understand what the intent may have been but the actual abilities can and eventually will be misused, especially if this President or another like him, some how, remains in office.

I implore you to reconsider what you are about to do and remember you were hired to support the Constitution of the United States.

I spent 20 years of my life helping to defend the sanctity of this Constitution and it was not to have the provisions we have fought for just voted away.

Senator Graham, don't do this!"

Please do the same.
    \
    KK

I would call this Marshal Law lite. It's been heading this way for some time. Inch by inch and the water is starting to get really warm. TSA and Homeland Security VIPR teams are now in Tennessee and have plans for a roll out on 18 additional states. Now they want to label the good ol USA as a battlefield. First it was the war on drugs, now its the war on terror. How long before the government considers its citizens to be the enemy?
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Yet another reason to simply not break the law...

I emailed my senator a short while ago expressing my sentiments on this bill. Don't know if it will do any good but at least I have tried. Very simple but to the point:

"I have just learned that a bill, S.1867, National Defense Act, is supposed to be voted on this week which would define the whole of the U.S. as a "battlefield" and allow the U.S. military to arrest American citizens without charge or trial. I do not feel that Congress should ever give this president, or any future president, the authority to use our military to conduct such activities against our populace. As a military retiree, I totally understand the need for national security and believe it can be achieved without subjugating us to policies more reminiscent of a totalitarian government than a free republic. I implore you to vote against this bill and protect our rights as free citizens."

I'm very unhappy with our government right now. I for one am going to be exercising my right to vote in every election I can. Especially the presidential election in 2012. I have rifles and pistols, but the most powerful weapon I have is my right to vote.
    KK I am happy to see you write your elected officials. When they hear they can be voted out by enough of the people they are supposed to represent because they voted for policies that subvert or deny our constitution I believe they should take to heart the fact that the American People can and will not just sit back and let them run over us.
    I'm an Oath Keeper. There are 10 orders I will not obey:
    1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

If you agree check out Oath Keepers. Oath Keepers » Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by ti02 View Post
    There is no law that needs to be broken....THAT IS THE POINT, simply owning a gun and buying MREs will now be enough reason to arrest you as a domestic terrorist.

Nazi germany 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by ti02 View Post
    ti02: It is easy to see that you don't understand the full ramifications of this bill. This would give the military the right to arrest someone on the whim of the government and they could just disappear in a maze of red tape and/or prisons and not be heard from for a long time. This is the same thing that is happening now in Central and South America. Please don't be so naive as to think that the government couldn't (or wouldn't) resort to these same tactics. Believe me, there will be perilous times ahead for us all.
    Last edited by Oldgrunt; 11-28-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Spelling

It's been stated many times in past posts. GEAR up, stock up and get yourself and family prepared. Contact your REPs and Senators and exert all the pressure you can but also be prepared for the worst. Not paranoid, jus saying!

To even contemplate this idea is truly undermining the Constitution.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

11. Here's a link to the text of the bill. I scanned through it and did searches on it and can't find any language that suggests what the OP mentioned. Can someone help me here? By the way, I searched for the text of this bill on the friggin senate website and couldn't find it! Either I'm incredibly incompetent or ..... (And I would believe that I am, so don't worry about offending me).

Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast