What has become of America - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What has become of America

1. Haha, listen to you guys! And kind of a woman~ at least admit its hypocritical?

And no I am not a liberal, I dislike those phonies also. I prefer the truth not what the news anchors are told to tell me. I guess I should have made that more clear, I wouldn't want any old farts blowing their pace makers if they thought a liberal was around!

I'll try and be a little more specific and include some of my life experiences. My mom is a welfare mooch. After her divorce with my dad she would work just enough hours in a year to get those 6-7k dollar income tax returns and it used to get me so angry. Here I am working 50-60 hours between 2 jobs and I would be LUCKY to get ANYTHING on my return. So I'm right there with you on hating lazy welfare mommas. I've known a few in my day. Why do I hate republicans? For the same reason I hate liberals. It's all crap. I listen to one old rich fart argue with another old rich fart about how they are going to help the "middle class". I emancipated myself at 15 when I started doing concrete for 9 bucks an hour. At 16 I added a second job delivering pizzas. For 10 years I did that. Scraping by, trying to save every dollar I could. I would apply for school only for them to laugh in my face because I wasn't a breeder. When I got sick I would text friends in search of medicine since medical was never an option. I made several errors being a kid on my own so my credit is poo which takes several other options off the table.

So to sum it up I feel like every state and federal funded program was done wrong. I feel that medical shouldn't be a dream for millions of Americans. I think everyone should have the right to a real education. I want these options available to EVERYONE not just breeders. I'm tired of this single mom garbage. The problem now is that its all been so screwed over in the previous years that its basically to late! If America was a single person they would get denied at rent a center for Christ sake! I'm not for socialized healthcare, in fact I don't think the government is capable of running a single thing properly, but there should be options! There needs to be a real system for education set in place so even the most poverish ( not just single moms ) have at least a chance of going, at least once. As of right now any assistance out there is just a joke. It should literally be pulled, revamped and given to the ones willing to work for it. Welfare? How about rental assistance while attending school instead of paying out billions in food stamps that they sell outside of the grocery stores.

Bottom line, its all crap and I pray it all goes BOOM. I really do.

This country needs an enema.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post

It's the individual not society that has to change, if not, we'll continue down this road of self destruction. Nuff said!
    Exactly. My wife was born to a poor farming family. She eventually received a degree from an Ivy League school through loans and scholarships. It was hard work to get the grades to earn scholarships. She was able to retire at 48 years old because of hard work. Motivated people will find a way to excell.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion:248631
    You silly "republicans" crack me up. You eat up all these lies about all these welfare pirates raping our nation into debt and poverty. Do you really believe that? Do you really think there's just millions of people who just don't want to work? The simple truth is this country was built on segregation. Just because will smith got the job in that hit blockbuster doesn't mean that happens in real life. If you were born into poverty the simple fact is you have about a 95% chance of repeating that cycle. These opportunistic predators you speak of really don't have that much assistance at their disposal. Every assistance program is set up to be JUST ENOUGH to survive, but never to catch up. It just really makes me sick how many of you spew out this hateful garbage day after day, then go to church to make yourself feel better. Get a clue and pull your head outta your rear because if we are lucky it'll all come crashing down and that person you so diligently put down might be the one to help you back up
    Some days I feel that the world is working to keep me down... Then I remember that the world doesn't even know who I am, let alone care whether I am down or not. We each fight our battles, nobody else is fighting the same fight I am. People like you sell your "class warfare" non-sense like it will lead to something. Let me tell you what I think about class warfare, it's me and mine vs anyone or anything that stands between us and our goals. Regardless of color, race, creed, or language- if you are at odds with us you will lose and me and mine will prevail. I've survived gangs, bigotry, adversaries smart and stupid, banks, lawyers... Your class warfare is the stradegy of the desperate people taking advantage of the easily impressionable and unsophisticated to bring everyone down to their benefit. Go peddle crazy elsewhere because we can read around here and we've taken advantage of it. We know your games.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    What has become of America?
    I.m.o., we have become a Nation of Politically Correct Wussies.
    We have allowed the LibTarded Leftists to Dictate to us for far too long.
    We as a Nation are no longer 'United'...Sadly, we are now quite 'Divided'.
    United we can stand, but Divided we 'will' fall.
    We have been slowly but surely corrupted from within.
    "Modern day Liberalism is a Form of Mental Illness" -L.H. Rossiter, M.D.-
    Modern Liberalism Is A Form Of Mental Illness :: Political News and commentaries :: Hyscience
    God help us, our children & our grandchildren.

Tuckers Mom: Great response, said it all Thank You

Yes it is going to hell in a hand basket. It started in 1787 , was really messed up in 1862 and then ran totally out of control in 1896.

A. This country was formed by an aristocratic wealthy class for the aristocratic and wealthy. (Read The Federalist and the Anti-Federalist) there were no “working class” involved at any time in forming this country. Contrary to popular history, Abraham Lincoln was a super wealthy, for the time, Railroad attorney. All of the leaders were rich.

B. This in itself is not an evil thing, it is simply the manifestation of the “iron law of oligarchy” and is the situation in every nation on earth.

C. This nation was not formed to be a Democracy, and in fact our fore fathers were deathly afraid of Democracy and called it “mob rule’ (Again, read contemporary writings). This was further complicated by the behaviors of the public in the French Revolution.

D. Most soldiers in the Continental Army were not “Minutemen” volunteers fighting for their liberty. Most of them did not even understand what was happening. They were “drafted” through the Militia Laws. This was a big reason for the high rate of desertion and the forming of the U.S. Marshall Service (to hunt down deserters.)

The sad fact is that we have unreasonably high expectations from a strong central government based on a flawed, revisionist history and never intended democratic creeds taught to us in school. The only answer is to down size the Central Government and get some of control of our daily lives back into the local governments (State, country and municipal. Which are for the most part, public controlled) We will never “get rid” of the huge Mercantile, Cronyism based money machine in Washington because it is actually exactly what the current amended Constitution allows.
    Disband the Federal Reserve, repeal the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Amendments , take away the governing power of the two political parties and start limiting the power of the USSC. Then we could do something about the Federal Government. The problem is, only Congress, the USSC and the Executive branches could do that and they are sure as h*** not going to cut off their money machine.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher,Independent Voter, Goldwater Conservative.

I would like to retract what I have said about this bill. This bill is non-sense and is the END of life as we know it in the USA. After this bill is passed the used of US military personnel (not national guard) as policing the US proper and arresting people without due process is absurd. This is most evil thing that has reared it's ugly head in this whole screwed up administration. I am glad that everyone on this forum is a gun owner...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    What has become of America?
    I.m.o., we have become a Nation of Politically Correct Wussies.
    We have allowed the LibTarded Leftists to Dictate to us for far too long.
    We as a Nation are no longer 'United'...Sadly, we are now quite 'Divided'.
    United we can stand, but Divided we 'will' fall.
    We have been slowly but surely corrupted from within.
    God who knows the future controls the future.
    Because it's all God's timing, we should be thankful we've lasted this long.
    The scariest words in all existence
    "Depart From Me, I Never Knew You"
    - Matthew 7:23 -

Choices. Everything is about choices.

Since it's been referenced to people who have come from nothing to something I'll put a name in I'm sure not many people here are aware of, IFBB Professional Kai L. Greene.

Look him up, read about where his life started, the road he traveled, and where he is today. Watch videos about him, documentaries, whatever... he made the hard choices, and accomplished astonishing things.

Choices. We all have to make them. I have three siblings... the oldest has worked numerous jobs in numerous states to put herself through college after high school. 10 years later, she's a dentist and married to a USAF Firefighter. My other sister, chose to drop out of college and work crappy jobs to support her drug habits for 5 years. She lived in poverty, moved from trailor to trailer. Then 8 years after that first bad choice, she had her duaghter and is turning her life around. She still works crappy jobs, usually two at a time while going to night school to be a nurse... while raising her baby girl. It's tough, but she's doing it.

Me, I joined the USAF. I've had to do some very tough things in life since joining, but my life is cake compared to what my sister had to do. I've been fortunate enough to meet a women I fell in love with and have two beautiful children. Choices.

We all grew up in the same home, same parents(until divorce in '97), we all took different paths through life. We all made choices. Some good, some bad. You want to know what we've all learned?

THE ONLY THING THAT CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IS YOU! AND THE CHOICES YOU MAKE.

But, what do I know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123