Sierra Club?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sierra Club?

Sierra Club?

I got some stuff in the mail from them and my sister was wanting me to join them. I was curious if anyone had any more information on them. What are their views on firearms, etc?

I found this which kind of made me want to get some more info on them first.
    http://rcboards.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...42/m/838102338

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I don't know much about the S.C., but they're a very liberal organization for environmental protection. While I find their sentiment noble, their means and tactics can be deplorable. Global warming nuts generally carry a Sierra Club card.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

The Sierra Club sucks!!! They believe that only horses and hikers should be allowed to travel off of pavement. They challenge the recreational use of public lands by bicycles, motorcycles and off-road vehicles every chance they get. As a person who works at a gold mine, I get to see their true colors quite often. They try to block every project we try to get approved as far as expansion goes.

The Sierra Club is just another liberal environmental group. Remember the Spotted Owl and that small minnow that was in a mud puddle some where in the desert years ago? Not an organization I would support much less join.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Yea, I don't think they'll be getting any $ from me. Glad I did my research first.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I agree with everyone else. I think they are left of center.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

If you ever go to get a security clearance they are considered a radical group and it counts against you.

The last experience I had with the group was while hiking with my best friend, bersa 9mm in a tac holster. They were on a nature outing or something. Anywho, they were agast at my 'violence' and called me animal killer, etc. I was not hunting nor do I hunt, but I have nothing against it myself. They are definately liberal, even if they don't say they are. They sure were annoyed by someone open carrying a firearm in nature. They need to come to Idaho some time. ;) I'd stay clear of the group, they sound radical. Moderation is important in everything in life. :)
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

I had a very pleasant experience with the Sierra Club folks the last time they interfered with my hunt. There are Federal and State laws that prohibit the harassment of hunters. Here in Hawaii, many of the public hunting areas are "multi use" meaning that you'll often encounter non-hunters as well as other hunters. in any case, there was a group of about 10 Sierra Club folks who thought that it would be cool to block the trail so that we couldn't get to the hunting area. The trail was about 5 feet wide, there was a very steep drop of around 30 feet on one side and a very high cliff on the other side. There were 4 of us in our hunting group. We politely asked if they could move off the trail so we can pass. The "leader" of their group said something like "we won't let you kill innocent animals, someone has to protect them." I calmly stated that there were federal and state laws against harassment of hunters and their actions could be construed as "harassment". The "leader" said "call the cops, we don't care." Little did he know that I had the direct number for the conservation officer on duty in the area. I walked back down the trail, made a short phone call and about 10 minutes later, a bunch of conservation officers showed up. After giving them a rundown of the situation, they went to talk to the group. To our amazement, the group insisted on blocking the trail! Needless to say, they were all arrested and charged with harassment of hunters.

We had a great hunt, and I'd say we had an excellent encounter with the Sierra Club folks. Great "teachable moment". They never bothered with us since.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I had a very pleasant experience with the Sierra Club folks the last time they interfered with my hunt. There are Federal and State laws that prohibit the harassment of hunters. Here in Hawaii, many of the public hunting areas are "multi use" meaning that you'll often encounter non-hunters as well as other hunters. in any case, there was a group of about 10 Sierra Club folks who thought that it would be cool to block the trail so that we couldn't get to the hunting area. The trail was about 5 feet wide, there was a very steep drop of around 30 feet on one side and a very high cliff on the other side. There were 4 of us in our hunting group. We politely asked if they could move off the trail so we can pass. The "leader" of their group said something like "we won't let you kill innocent animals, someone has to protect them." I calmly stated that there were federal and state laws against harassment of hunters and their actions could be construed as "harassment". The "leader" said "call the cops, we don't care." Little did he know that I had the direct number for the conservation officer on duty in the area. I walked back down the trail, made a short phone call and about 10 minutes later, a bunch of conservation officers showed up. After giving them a rundown of the situation, they went to talk to the group. To our amazement, the group insisted on blocking the trail! Needless to say, they were all arrested and charged with harassment of hunters.

We had a great hunt, and I'd say we had an excellent encounter with the Sierra Club folks. Great "teachable moment". They never bothered with us since.

gf
    now that's gotta be one of the best encounters with the sierra club I have ever heard!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast