Walmart gives in to Bloomberg - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walmart gives in to Bloomberg

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    Target looking better all the time.

If you've never shopped at a Super Target, you're missing out on quite a pleasant shopping experience. It doesn't quite have the food selection, but food QUALITY is head & shoulders above. Plus, there's not the fat, redneck, welfare queen clientele that seems to permeate the pores of every Wal Mart.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Here's the comment that I just sent them:

I'm writing to express my concerns over your recent agreement with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg is going after gun owners anyway he can. His goal is to eliminate private firearms ownership in America. In his vision of a perfect world, no private citizen would be able to own a firearm, but I guarantee you that his personal security team is armed. Ask yourselves, why would he be interested in gun sales at Wal-Mart to reduce crime, when Wal-Mart doesn't even sell handguns, which are used in 90 something percent of crimes committed with a firearm. If you want to perform background checks on your employees who handle firearms, that's fine by me. But videotaping me when I make a purchase is something that I find intimidating and offensive. What is your reason for this agreement? Does Wal-Mart want a store in New York that bad? If you place this policy into effect, I'll be shopping elsewhere. Sam Walton would have never done something like this.

Let's see if they reply.

I've been in 3 of the Super Target stores and none of them even sold ammo, let alone firearms. Is this true for all of their stores, or just stores in certain locations. As for the rest of the items they carry, I think Wal-Mart has a far better selection.

Here is the evidence that Bloomberg is the total expert in firearms sales arena.

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/523984.html
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Here is a novel idea..why not buy your ammo at your local gun dealer store? Boycott Wal-Mart ammo sales, support your loacl gun dealer.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

I shopped at a Wal Mart one time back when it first opened here many years ago. I didn't like the place. I don't like their philosophy or the way they underpay employees or the fact that they mostly sell cheap imported crap.
    Looks like I have another thing to ad to the list of why I won't shop there

Well, I got a response back from Wal-Mart. Here it is:

Dear Darrell,

Wal-Mart understands its role as a leading, responsible retailer in the U.S. and is making strides to strengthen its already existing security processes to help combat illegal gun activity in the communities we serve. Wal-Mart has a long and proud history of offering the products hunters and outdoorsmen want and need and that will not change.

It is important to note that these procedures should not impede law-abiding citizens from purchasing firearms at our stores that sell them. These processes merely provide us, as a retailer, an additional mechanism to assist law enforcement when illegal activity occurs.

We are hopeful these enhanced processes  with help from law enforcement and other retailers committing to do the same  can make a positive difference in our communities.

Thank you,
    Wal-Mart Customer Relations
    It sure takes them a lot of words to say nothing. :angry2:

yeah,...

i actually do work for our local walmart. they specialize in double speak and double cross. i only work there 2 daysaweek as i spend the rest of my time at home with my kids, and doing the mr.mom thing. the wife is the main moneymaker these days. but that is another story. the store i work at sells ammo and gun stuff but not guns. i have bought one box of ammo since i ha been with the company . my other weapons related purchases have been elsewhere. :mp230603214320Murde

This is all I have gotten back so far.

Sam Walton built Wal-Mart on a very simple belief--the
    customer is the boss. That means we are always looking for better ways
    to serve
    the people who shop at Wal-Mart. Each comment, concern and suggestion
    is very
    important because it gives us the opportunity to improve our overall
    service.

Rest assured that your message has been forwarded to the proper
    division where it
    will be reviewed and carefully considered.

Thank you for your observations. It is customers like you who help us
    continue
    to offer everyday low prices and friendly service.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12